2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Hull White » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:11 am

The fact that Sunderland are fcuked and have been for many years tells you just how good the aforementioned Mizz Byrne is as a football administrator. No thanks, we already have some idiots so no vacancy for more.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:21 pm

Vinnys days are numbered p45 in post.

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fundalkfan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:37 pm

I've been a season ticket holder and volunteered a bit under Andy and Paul but after seeing Vinny's antics last night, I have a few questions of my own

Q1 Where the hell is Jim Magilton?
Q2 What the hell is Jim Magilton doing?
Q3 Why is Vinny defending Peak6 again?
Q4 Should we all accept that it's the environments fault that the team isn't winning the league (So says VP)?
Q5 Why did he not take in an assistant instead of Liam Burns?
Q6 Vinny turned around and screamed at the Goalkeeping coach last night after St Pat's first goal. Was it his fault?
Q7 Why was he taken back in the first place?
Q8 Is he as bad as the vermin of Peak 6?

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm

Fundalkfan wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:37 pm I've been a season ticket holder and volunteered a bit under Andy and Paul but after seeing Vinny's antics last night, I have a few questions of my own

Q1 Where the hell is Jim Magilton?
Q2 What the hell is Jim Magilton doing?
Q3 Why is Vinny defending Peak6 again?
Q4 Should we all accept that it's the environments fault that the team isn't winning the league (So says VP)?
Q5 Why did he not take in an assistant instead of Liam Burns?
Q6 Vinny turned around and screamed at the Goalkeeping coach last night after St Pat's first goal. Was it his fault?
Q7 Why was he taken back in the first place?
Q8 Is he as bad as the vermin of Peak 6?
Am I missing something? Where is Vinny defending P6? He said that he and the players are out of work in 6 weeks and acknowledged that this isn’t good for anybody

Regarding Q5, is it not true that he wasn’t allowed to bring in an assistant?

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:01 pm

Yeah I think it was mentioned that he couldn't bring in additional staff.

Though he was allowed bring in players , Yates and Ben Amar. Ben Amar bound to be on decent wages to come from France.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:08 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm Am I missing something? Where is Vinny defending P6?
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/10 ... ast-dance/

"I certainly don't blame the owners for where we're at, at the moment," he added, admitting that he does "worry for (Dundalk) as a club" however.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:08 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:43 pm Am I missing something? Where is Vinny defending P6?

"I certainly don't blame the owners for where we're at, at the moment," he added, admitting that he does "worry for (Dundalk) as a club" however.
Yea ok I didn’t see that L4S

He does go on to say
“ But as a club we've made errors”, surely that includes the owners? His interview with LMFM talks about how the uncertainty is having an effect on the dressing room
Maybe I’m naive but I still trust VP and I presume he is privy to things that none of the rest of us are, no matter how much certain other posters claim they are In The Know

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:21 pm

Wow, stunning comment from vinny

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Perth wouldn't have been my choice to replace Kenny as I think it's very difficult to change relationships you have with players but he turned out to be a good appointment and he shouldn't have been sacked. That was a crazy decision and has us in the position we are now. He also wouldn't have been my choice to come back in due to the breakdown in relationship with certain players but again he turned out to be a good appointment and stabilised us somewhat.

He has made two critical errors since he has come back, persisting with the goalkeeper and his defence of Peak6. The latter has really pissed off a lot of fans myself included and has stained his legacy. I'm on the fence about keeping him for next season but it's likely to be a fresh start regardless. Perth will be gone, the players that he has fallen out with will be gone or both will be gone.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Yea ok I didn’t see that L4S

He does go on to say
“ But as a club we've made errors”, surely that includes the owners? His interview with LMFM talks about how the uncertainty is having an effect on the dressing room
Maybe I’m naive but I still trust VP and I presume he is privy to things that none of the rest of us are, no matter how much certain other posters claim they are In The Know
He is shouldering a lot more of the blame than he should as he would be well down the list of what is caused us to be in this mess. That is admirable or misguided depending on how you look at it.

"As a club we've made errors" Ultimately there is one person making decisions and he has micromanaged the club to where we are now. (70hr weeks he claims) Maybe he isn't an owner per se and Vinny is technically correct but he is the owners father and has/had complete autonomy.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:33 pm

I'm confused. Very confused.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:23 pm

just a theory, but perhaps perth indicating that the real shambles is the 120k + a year man who some say
- didn't want the manager
- briefed jounos left right and centre against manager
- was responsible for the decimation of the medical department after claiming it cost too much
- wanted pre match meals canceled ( theres a story circulating that vp paid for players meals from his own pocket after jm had them cancelled )

It seems he's indicating that while there are problems at P6 , and they're on the way out most probably . the real handbrake has been the man who had us beaten 5-1 by bohs, and has done everything possible to ensure the replacement he didn't want - didn't succeed.

just a theory , and it's all mute soon anyway ...

'' let's have a clear out ! ''

Indeed

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:23 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:23 pm just a theory, but perhaps perth indicating that the real shambles is the 120k + a year man who some say
- didn't want the manager
- briefed jounos left right and centre against manager
- was responsible for the decimation of the medical department after claiming it cost too much
- wanted pre match meals canceled ( theres a story circulating that vp paid for players meals from his own pocket after jm had them cancelled )

It seems he's indicating that while there are problems at P6 , and they're on the way out most probably . the real handbrake has been the man who had us beaten 5-1 by bohs, and has done everything possible to ensure the replacement he didn't want - didn't succeed.

just a theory , and it's all mute soon anyway ...

'' let's have a clear out ! ''

Indeed
Some might also ask, who hired him and gave him a four year contract?

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fundalkfan » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 pm

Agreed with a lot of this Southern Comfort.JM has a lot to answer for in my opinion.Dogs on the street know that he didn’t and doesn’t want VP there.

Perth in my opinion shouldn’t have came back for his own CV.But while he denied it as false,players didn’t want him back,he can stand on his head and say it’s false they majority didn’t want him back.Refusing to take in a number 2 or like last time a man that was only there as a stop gap,cost him his job.

When he’s sacked again because make no mistake about it he will be sacked soon he will never work in football again.His parading and acting in the middle of the pitch last night for me when I seen it ended the last bit of emotion I had for him.All for show

VP will go down in the history books as a great assistant to the king of oriel SK but being a manager will never be in him.Higgins departure ended our footballing brain as a club.Now he’s on his own above in Derry we can see he was the success and not VP.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:39 pm

Fundalkfan wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 pm Agreed with a lot of this Southern Comfort.JM has a lot to answer for in my opinion.Dogs on the street know that he didn’t and doesn’t want VP there.

Perth in my opinion shouldn’t have came back for his own CV.But while he denied it as false,players didn’t want him back,he can stand on his head and say it’s false they majority didn’t want him back.Refusing to take in a number 2 or like last time a man that was only there as a stop gap,cost him his job.

When he’s sacked again because make no mistake about it he will be sacked soon he will never work in football again.His parading and acting in the middle of the pitch last night for me when I seen it ended the last bit of emotion I had for him.All for show

VP will go down in the history books as a great assistant to the king of oriel SK but being a manager will never be in him.Higgins departure ended our footballing brain as a club.Now he’s on his own above in Derry we can see he was the success and not VP.
Some of what you say spot on, some nonsense ! But there's no chance you were in richmond last night ...