Official Takeover Thread 2021

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Official Takeover Thread 2021

Post by oldfogey » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:28 pm

If you have any comments or references about

P6; JM; BH; or MH,

please leave them on the "other" Official Takeover Thread. Get rid of all your toxic feelings.

This thread is all about looking forward. Any posters upsetting the tranquility and general optimism will find themselves referred to Rubot for appropriate corrective measures.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Official Takeover Thread 2021

Post by oldfogey » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:32 pm

My one regret is for those contributors - and supporters in general - who have left us not knowing that better times were on the way, in particular my good friend Ezekial.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:32 pm

oldfogey wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:28 pm If you have any comments or references about

P6; JM; BH; or MH,

please leave them on the "other" Official Takeover Thread. Get rid of all your toxic feelings.

This thread is all about looking forward. Any posters upsetting the tranquility and general optimism will find themselves referred to Rubot for appropriate corrective measures.
Amen to that OF!

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:36 pm

Hopefully we’ll see a big uptake in Season Tickets for 2022.

It’s just great to have some certainty and clarity about things.

dieseldlk
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by dieseldlk » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:10 am

The news last night has be really looking forward to next season, let's get a good squad and get into pre season as early as possible and have the bonding and ready to go from day 1.

C'mon da town

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:53 am

Morning lilywhites, it wasn’t a dream !

LMFM with a few soundbites with MC on their sports bulletin this morning starting at 7:30am

Mon Town

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:05 am

Massive feel good moment happening with all fans behind the takeover. I really feel this is something to feel excited about. StatSports connections in the game are unparalleled and Andy will bring back his know how of running a football club. The proverbial dream team.

Hopefully we can keep the connections with the local companies we created over the past couple of years and develop them also, it's an area we've been strong in.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Carrick_Road
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Carrick_Road » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 am

When do we think the new owners will make a statement?

I think the big thing here is Patience. We need to allow the lads at the top do what there supposed to do. Its exciting times to be a Dundalk fan.

Alot of questions such as what will our budget be, are we happy enough to finish mid table next season as a bedding in period or do we want to compete on all fronts. Main thing for me now is contracts. Who do we want to keep for next season?

My pick would be Hoban, Mc Millan, O' Kane (already signed) D Kelly, Sloggett, Patching, Murray, Stanton, Dummigan, Jurkovskis, Leahy, Gartland, Cleary, Boyle (already signed) and Cherrie even if he is third choice.

The nucleus of a title challenging squad are there and then build on that. Christmas has come early :)

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:07 am

Going By Martin Connollys Interview on LMFM it sounds like talks have already got underway re player contracts. Great to actually hear people involved with the club doing interviews on local media again, when had we last got that other than the post match manager interviews.

Real Buzz about the place again with this announcement. Hopefully the new jersey, Player/Manager announcements all happen over the next few weeks.. Onwards & upwards, should be a great atmosphere Friday week in Oriel.

Cmon The Town :)

superman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by superman » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:24 am

Delighted with the new owners. But I'd say its going to be a lot more tougher than it was the first time they came in. Not as many good league of Ireland players out of contract as their was in 2012, and Rovers and Derry have big budgets. Hopefully resigning the players is sorted soon. Losing Duffy is already a massive loss.

The first big question for the new owners is what to do with Perth. Personally, I would move on (but I see he has got support from the fans). A great servant to the club, but I think their is a ceiling on his stay. Players don't seem to get better under Perth, and they still look too vulnerable at the back. Cleary is an example. Were under Kenny he was maturing into a top defender, under Perth he gets more and more rash and seems to have stalled in progress. Club needs a fresh voice on the pitch, someone who can stamp an identity onto the team, with hunger to improve the team. Perth stabilized the club, but have never been that impressed with the team under Perth. The team on the pitch has already been stale for a while. I would say new voices are needed.

It would be a real statement if the new owners brought in Stevie O'Donnell. But that is really unlikely, with Pats having a decent budget and are better placed than us. Maybe look down the road to Clancy at Drogheda. In such a competitive division, that Drogheda team had no right to be were they are.

Only opinions. But the decisions on players is simple (signed them), and Magaliton (shoot out of a cannon) seems straight forward. On Perth, its complicated, and the unpopular decision might be the right one.
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

Rapier
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Rapier » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:02 am

i don't think getting rid of perth would be that unpopular to be honest. most fans i encounter, like myself, respect and admire vinny for the job he has done for us in difficult circumstances but he's hard to warm to and would like to see a fresh face in charge.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:41 am

I don’t think there are any available candidates in the LOI that are better than Perth. Simple as that for me

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:46 am

Rapier wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:02 am i don't think getting rid of perth would be that unpopular to be honest. most fans i encounter, like myself, respect and admire vinny for the job he has done for us in difficult circumstances but he's hard to warm to and would like to see a fresh face in charge.
It's highly likely that a new manager will want to bring in his own players - or that the existing squad won't want to stay. So you're starting from scratch, with the likelyhood of no real showing until 2024. I would like to think VP is our best chance of keeping the existing squad for next season. The only way you get the best of both worlds is that the new manager is from within the league and is happy to work with/appreciates what we have.

Looking around the league, the managers who are in Europe next year won't move. Higgins is from Derry and has a big wedge to spend so that won't happen. Ian Morris is an up and coming manager, but he hasn't managed in Europe or in the PD. There might be a good experienced #2 out there who might fancy their chances, but we still come back to the Pro Licence. It seems lots of people have one because they can afford it, but are light on experience.

Benjani
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Benjani » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:00 pm

I think Vinnie deserves a chance under the right conditions and atmosphere which are hopefully going to be there now. Remember he had no no2 really and the structure around him was not particularly supportive so he merits a lot of credit. A little bit of loyalty has to go both ways. He was at the helm of a sinking ship when he came in and for us to be in with a sniff of Europe on the last day (hopefully) is nothing short of amazing.
He’s done a good job IMO and deserves a chance.
Another thing is I don’t think we should over estimate the budget that will be available for players and management.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:15 pm

I think Vinny deserves a chance under a normally functioning regime, which he’s never had with us even pre Bill (Andy Burton and all that) but I have concerns over his tactics (we often look slow and run out of ideas or have to rely on a bit of magic) and his obsession with his image and what people are saying about him (which tbf could be related to the environment he had to work in). His passion for the club is a huge plus. We need a manager with a vision for the future.