STADIUM DEVELOPMENT GROUP.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

STADIUM DEVELOPMENT GROUP.

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:49 pm

ANY PROGRESS .

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: STADIUM DEVELOPMENT GROUP.

Post by Pepsi » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Have they even had more than 1 or 2 meetings? Guess we will have to wait until Andy and StatSports make their intentions known about their plans going forward. Doubt however they will be building anything major themselves and I doubt LCC will be forthcoming with money as they are committed to Louth GAA and their new ground.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:11 pm

I think that’s where it’s at , Pepsi . It’s got to be addressed , as somebody said , “ It’s the elephant in the room , “ big time .

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:14 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:49 pm ANY PROGRESS .
I wouldn't have even bothered opening up a new thread. It would have been enough to put up a closing post and then say a few prayers over the last one. Irrespective of what grants are available, the building/redevelopment of a stadium has to be underwritten by somebody. It would have no value as collateral due to the ground lease situation, so anyone undertaking the project will be fully exposed.

STATSports are already talking about selling shares to fans and giving them a seat on the board. It would appear they don't view this as a long term venture or, if they do, it's in a stewardship role. The previous owners had money to fritter away (would spend more on employee bonuses in a year) and wouldn't do anything. The new owners don't appear to want - or maybe have the funds - to invest in infrastructure.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:11 pm I think that’s where it’s at , Pepsi . It’s got to be addressed , as somebody said , “ It’s the elephant in the room , “ big time .
A bigger worry (ground wise), is that the club was sold to Peak6 as the former owners claimed they couldnt take it any further and they seemed to believe Peak6 could stem a rebuild or finance the dream. Do StatSports change that? Would there be enough interest / financial power in Dundalk FCs support to go in as shareholders and in the end to generate enough money to get things rolling? Would the club be in a position to consistantly increase crowds in Oriel whilst increasing match day prices to generate more income? Would a co-op style shareholding be enough to put pressure on the political world to build two grounds in Dundalk? I doubt it very much. A lot of questions open for the new owners to answer and topics for them to work on. Hopefully this week we will get a bit more info and some answers to questions .... however I suspect the stadium will be put on the back burner. A lot of other things to be done prior to a ground renovation.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:05 pm

I think it has been said before that not being able to do everything is no excuse for doing nothing. A small portion of the money criminally wasted by the previous owners would have gone a long way.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:33 pm

Pepsi wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:42 pm
A bigger worry (ground wise), is that the club was sold to Peak6 as the former owners claimed they couldnt take it any further and they seemed to believe Peak6 could stem a rebuild or finance the dream.
I think it was probably more the case that with FF before, the DFC project just got far too big, and they simply didn't have the time / energy to run DFC and their own biz, and thats abs fair enough.

Hence makes more sense now Andy C back with partners in SS, more hands on deck, more to share responsibilities etc.

For actual development, I've been saying it so many times, would be 2 options, first one being temp job, roof home side of the stand and take it around a bit in L shape. Then bulldoze the away end, that area could be used as a car park, or extension to LW lounge, office space, anything really. Build a small terrace behind CR goal, (the space there is surprisingly wide), for away fans, would still be space for cars to drive by, and to take away fans in where they currently access. Clean up behind town goal, loads really dreadful with that grass bank.

Option 2, obv more expensive, modernise / extend the stand, build something like what Pats have behind town goal, then move to the shed side in time, lights also need upgrading, then to decide on the pitch, it will be an endless list once you start and millions of €.

All depends on finances / grants, and it won't be easy, any option, as its a difficult layout as it is.

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:33 am

Pepsi wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:58 pm Have they even had more than 1 or 2 meetings? Guess we will have to wait until Andy and StatSports make their intentions known about their plans going forward. Doubt however they will be building anything major themselves and I doubt LCC will be forthcoming with money as they are committed to Louth GAA and their new ground.
2 meetings as far as i know and fairly uneventful too. Think LCC would be far more inclined to work with new owners than American venture capitalists and would be quicker to hand money over. If club could raise half of whats needed they might get other half in match funding from government or LCC similar to whats happened at Harps.

Stadium redevelopment is probably a 6/7/8 year (maybe more) project from start to finish so hopefully having a working group in place is a start and new owners could just appoint new people to substitute the couple that would be leaving with Peak 6

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 pm

be great to spend a few thousand on visuals , giant signs hording at each end etc , make it feel like a proper stadium . Luxemburg the other night felt like a 50k seater , with only a few thousand in . Obviouspy it's top of the range but a few tricks used . Clever design . ( Toilets exceptional too ) we shouldn't underestimate the impact the visuals in the insta age has on attracting and keeping players

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:19 pm

Total cost of the Stadium in Luxembourg was 80 million, extravagant for a 9,400 Capacity .

Looks very nice though https://delano.lu/article/stade-luxembo ... things-to-

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:37 pm

yes it's very unfair to compare - but the section above the seating creates a great enclosed atmosphere . Some scaffold and bill board style investment ( in the interim ) wood be ideal and potentially affordable .