2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals v2

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:19 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:34 pm You spent all summer telling this forum that the owners weren’t obliged to tell us anything, that they knew what they were doing as the weeks and months dragged on and that people had to give them time. Now it's ‘poor’ that the new owners aren’t announcing things within days of the season ending 10 days after they inherited this mess. Listen to yourself.
You were unreasonably calling for clarity about who would be re signed as of today 4 months ago when we had no idea about our Income

I'm reasonably calling for clarity right now , when we know our income , as we have no manger - meanwhile every other club manager in the league is making plans .

( ** Retracted remark re borderline zenephobia and the film the field - was a bit much )
Last edited by southerncomfort on Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:30 pm

Lads we will be told everything in due course, it is a case of waiting until the owners feel the time is right or the right things have fallen into place. Regardless of who the owners are, local or hedge funds .... they will only give us news when they feel the time is right and it fits their agenda. Dan might break something earlier .... his direct source is back.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 pm

Perth was on off the ball yesterday, doesn't sound like he expecs to be at Dundalk next season. He said he expects the decision to be announced in next few days. 11. 30 in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9sHcqJ-ncc

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:23 pm

Glad to see I’m not the only one interested in the manager situation haha!

I don’t think you can compare Tim Clancy to Kenny at all . The only comparison is that they are young managers. Kenny had relative success at Longford, Bohs, Derry and got jobs in Scotland and with rovers on the back of that success. Clancy has managed Drogheda. Maybe he’s done a good job, but tbh I didn’t notice because I don’t pay much attention to the drogs apart from when we’re playing them.
Does he have a pro Licence? If not theres not much point hiring him if we want to be playing in Europe in 2023

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:38 pm

Richie87 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:45 pm Perth was on off the ball yesterday, doesn't sound like he expecs to be at Dundalk next season. He said he expects the decision to be announced in next few days. 11. 30 in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9sHcqJ-ncc
a good clip , good analysis -

But during our bit ( towards the end ) - I definitely don't interpret is as him not bowing out - interested if the offer is right - and the owners are interested

dan & jr reported that he begged for the job back to bill ( story presumably came from magilton in phase one undermining that was lapped up by anyone willing to report )
the clip confirms to me he should be first choice/ but on a 1 or 2 yr max.

Or if terms can't be agreed - it needs to be a big replacement - no long shots

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:59 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:19 pm I'm reasonably calling for clarity right now , when we know our income
You know our income already? Do you know the lotto numbers too?
as we have no manger - meanwhile every other club manager in the league is making plans .
Seems bad. Wonder how that happened.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:06 pm

Of course the owners know the parameters of the income Europe is out ( that was an unknown when the clarity calls were being made )

And presumably the new owners have online banking , and know how much there is to spend outside of that ( if anything)

Calling for clarity now is reasonable, calling for it in August was unfair

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 pm

Ridiculous. Your buddy Vinny took a short term deal and is out of contract because that’s exactly what he signed up for. So he can sit tight now and wait like the rest of us while the new owners sift through the wreckage and decide what to do or he can go find another job. I’ll leave it there.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 pm Ridiculous. Your buddy Vinny took a short term deal and is out of contract because that’s exactly what he signed up for. So he can sit tight now and wait like the rest of us while the new owners sift through the wreckage and decide what to do or he can go find another job. I’ll leave it there.
if its to be vp , should be confirmed yesterday , if someone else it should be confirmed today

the (new)manager should be a core part of the ''sifting through the wreckage'' not a later add on

the only excuse is if the 'someone else ' is under contract elsewhere and we're working out compensation / or we're in detailed negotiations with candidates

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 pm Ridiculous. Your buddy Vinny took a short term deal and is out of contract because that’s exactly what he signed up for. So he can sit tight now and wait like the rest of us while the new owners sift through the wreckage and decide what to do or he can go find another job. I’ll leave it there.
Can the 2 of you take your foreplay somewhere private that we don't all have to endure.. 👍
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fundalkfan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:21 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm
Can the 2 of you take your foreplay somewhere private that we don't all have to endure.. 👍
I agree with Bob wholeheartedly here.

Poison Perth knew exactly the score when he signed his contract.

Mr Gill, aka SouthernComfort, knows all too well that Mr Vincent begged for the job. Wasn't he on the phone to Bill at numerous games when Magilton was in charge. He even offered to work for free I am told from a good source also close to my friend Mr Gill.

The club is in good hands, they will take their time, analyse the damage that Mr. Vincent helped create and then send him back to Tallaght with his tail between his legs. As they should. Scum.

Bob, DM me and we can share some headshots of each other?

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:33 pm

No thanks

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fundalkfan » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:38 pm

Bob, what do you make of today's sackings? Are you going to tweet about them?

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:42 pm

Fundalkfan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:38 pm Bob, what do you make of today's sackings? Are you going to tweet about them?
I don’t know what you’re talking about.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:54 pm

seriously wouldn't engage with shinner bot . at least you probably only have 1 anon twitter acc and are actually a fan - He's never been to Oriel as a home fan hangs around toddlers while drinking tea .

Forum needs a good clean up