Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

rummy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Postby rummy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:24 pm

So far, horgan with goal and assist. Boyle with assist and yellow card

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Wexford White wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:Boyle and Horgan both start for Preston today. Pretty remarkable that two players that were with Dundalk up until four months ago are now starting for a top half of the Championship club.

It's hard not to daydream about what may have happened had we qualified for the Champions league proper and earned the millions that went along with it and were able to hang on to players of their caliber.

Half time, goal for Horgan, yellow for Boyle

Also an assist for Horgan, and the third was Horgan free which was headed down by boyle for the assist

marvin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marvin » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:24 pm

I watched the match today , and both Horgan and Boyle were excellent.
Tomorrow is another day.

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Maxwell: (8) Made an excellent save and a few decent saves prior to us scoring. Commanded his area very well, and very good distribution.

Clarke: (9) I've not always been his biggest fan, but he's impressed me more and more this season and was excellent today.

Boyle: (8) I thought he had an excellent home debut and reads the game very well. Also got an assist for the third goal.

Huntington: (8) excellent and teamed up well with Boyle. Very steady throughout.

Cunningham: (8) apart from a couple of out of character poor passes he was excellent and consistent as ever.

Pearson: (8) Terrier like performance and a superb block/tackle late in the second half. The heart beat of the team.

Johnson: (8) I thought he played very well, and on the whole kept things simple, got the ball and got it to McGeedy quite often.

Horgan: (8) I like this lad. He's direct and makes things happen. He's also entrusted with the set pieces. He tracks back and helps the full back. If I'm honest I thought he was substituted a little too early.

Barkhuizen: (9) MoM. The way he took the first goal was superb and must be a contender for goal of the season. The speed he showed for the second goal was electric and I'm sure most of North Ends fans haven't seen pace like that in all the time they've been watching. Opportunist 3rd goal and could quite easily of had a hat trick. Excellent. Concern that he seemed to pull up with a hamstring injury just prior to going off to a standing ovation.

Hugill: (8) his first touch and hold up play were excellent today. All the chances seemed to fall to his strike partner today but he worked tirelessly for the team.

McGeedy: (8) the magician was again full of tricks and was a handful throughout the game. Overdid it on a couple of occasions but hey, that's part and parcel of his game.

Subs: Browne was very industrious and played well, Robinson made a few good runs and Beckford looked more interested than of late.

Grayson: (8) got his tactics spot on today and has created a good young side. I thought he took Horgan off 10 minutes too soon, and the only negative he gets from me is that he brought on Beckford instead of May. We were 3-0 up with the game won and surely today was an ideal time to give Stevie May 10 minutes game time.

Referee: (7). I thought he did a good job except he allowed Reading players to foul at will without getting a yellow card. He gave the fouls (which is something some refs don't) but was too lenient in his punishment. He finally booked a Reading player in the 90th minute for handball.

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:42 pm

The above message is what I put on the PNE forum re today's game.

Just a little extra for your members.

I thought Andy Boyle was very composed and had an excellent home debut. Hopefully, he'll get more game time and looks a good addition to our team. He seems to get on well with all his team mates and the body language is very good. A real Dundalk goal for the third goal....Horgan free kick knocked down by Boyle to the scorer to finish it off.

Horgan is very direct and has already been entrusted with set pieces, free kicks and corners and I have to say he is exceptional in taking them. He scored today and had the confidence to take it off the provider who could also have scored it. He got a great ovation when he was substituted.

The 2 former Dundalk lads can be proud of their performances so far.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Good man Jaycee, always nice to hear reports from the horses' mouth.

You should consider coming over in the summer for a match in oriel park, we'll be in mid season when the English season has finished. Then again, we don't want any more players leaving !!!!

Great to hear about the two boys progressing, it's just great news.

marvin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marvin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:57 am

Jaycee wrote:The above message is what I put on the PNE forum re today's game.

Just a little extra for your members.

I thought Andy Boyle was very composed and had an excellent home debut. Hopefully, he'll get more game time and looks a good addition to our team. He seems to get on well with all his team mates and the body language is very good. A real Dundalk goal for the third goal....Horgan free kick knocked down by Boyle to the scorer to finish it off.

Horgan is very direct and has already been entrusted with set pieces, free kicks and corners and I have to say he is exceptional in taking them. He scored today and had the confidence to take it off the provider who could also have scored it. He got a great ovation when he was substituted.

The 2 former Dundalk lads can be proud of their performances so far.

I agree entirely with your summary of the match Jaycee. I really enjoyed it...so different to the midweek european exhibitions of cheating. Preston are entertaining !
Tomorrow is another day.

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:11 am

Thanks marvin.

The 2 townie lads have settled in well. I know they were a big loss to Dundalk but I think Preston is the ideal club for their progress.

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Preston North End FC‏
@pnefc

Preston North End FC Retweeted FAIreland

Three #pnefc players in Martin O'Neill's provisional squad for @FAIreland. Aiden McGeady, Andy Boyle and Daryl Horgan included.

Well done to those 3 Players, but How Greg Cunningham doesn't get in I don't know?

Martin has arrived for his Press Conference: On Boyle & Horgan: Overall they're doing fine. They're just settling in

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Ciaran O'Connor banging in goals for Finn harp's

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:10 pm

Horgan will be playing v Iceland, most likely starting
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Horgan beats Boyle to win ROI league player of the year award.
Well Done Daryl.

https://t.co/Z5HhctqACR

DARYL HORGAN has been named SSE Airtricity League Player of the year for 2016.

Horgan was a key man for Dundalk as they claimed their third League of Ireland title in-a-row.

Dundalk will miss Daryl Horgan - who has moved to Preston with Andy Boyle

He was also instrumental as the Lilywhites reached the group stages of the Europa League and almost claimed a place in the last 32.

Horgan, 24, received an Ireland call-up along with Andy Boyle last November and the pair were signed by Preston after their special seasons with Stephen Kenny’s side.

The winger netted nine times in 31 league games for the Oriel Park club before moving to the Championship.

He also got a memorable goal away to Zenit St Petersburg in the Europa League when Dundalk nearly claimed a famous result in Russia but went down 2-1.

Robbie Brady was named Young International Player of the Year after his Euro 2016 heroics.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:58 pm

It looks like Daryl Horgan and Andy Boyle will make the final squad for the International
REVISED IRELAND SQUAD: Randolph, Westwood, Doyle; Coleman, Christie, Keogh, Pearce, O’Shea, Boyle, Egan, Ward; McGeady, Whelan, McCarthy, Hendrick, Brady, Hourihane, Meyler, O’Kane, Hoolahan, McClean, Hayes, Horgan, O’Dowda; Walters, Long, Murphy, Doyle.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ ... -1.3016687
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:19 am

Mickey O'Connor throwing the toys out of the pram at Rovers already apparently.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:54 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Mickey O'Connor throwing the toys out of the pram at Rovers already apparently.

Well if he wants to come back here he can f*ck right off, had no issue with him leaving for 1st team football elsewhere, but the amount of sh*te he talked before the season coupled with kissing the rovers badge? On yer bike son...
Mon the Town!

Return to “General Discussion”