Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Sneachta » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:19 am

It was a really silly red card. Two footed lunge.... But from the side. Ridiculous but he should've known better. He would have been an absolute starter.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:21 am

I was looking myself on PP to see what odds he'd have been to score and couldnt see his name and was wondering why myself. He'll be pretty gutted that its a suspension rather than being out of the team or injured. A good performance against a side of that quality and just making the extended RoI squad would change. I will probably look foolish tomorrow by saying this but I dont think Man City will totally batter them, 3-1 as City rest players, take the foot off the gas though it's February before they'll meet a side that could push them a bit and that depends on which Arsenal turns up.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:13 pm

Dylan Debuts for the Dons
AFC Wimbledon
‏@AFCWimbledon

Yes, our new Irish winger is on! Dylan Connolly on for Jake Jervis, plus Joe Pigott replaces Tyler Garratt.
https://twitter.com/AFCWimbledon/status ... 9844402178
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Anyone know if the Wimbledon cheque has cleared yet?

https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/201 ... on-player/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:42 pm

A real personality in the dressing room!

Best of luck to the lad in fairness. He wants to give it a go in the UK, the money must be good, so good luck to him.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 pm

Krisztián Adorján starting tonight for Virtus entella vs Roma in the Olympic Stadium in the Coppa Italia. Not quite as glam as the LOI but sure whatever floats his boat.

Live on BT sport for anyone interested

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:30 pm

Great spot. Missed it. How did he play

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:06 am

Sneachta wrote:Great spot. Missed it. How did he play

Hooked at half time :)

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Sneachta » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:26 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Sneachta wrote:Great spot. Missed it. How did he play

Hooked at half time :)
Come back. All's forgiven!

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:17 pm

Daryl Horgan scoring with a header for Hibs

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Michael O'Connor has been handed a decision to make by Stephen Kenny by being called up to the RoI training camp for LoI/IL based players. Not too long since he was talking up switching to NI so while it's not binding him to one or other at this level it will be an interesting to see how thing pan out. It also interesting to see only Ross Tracey included from Dundalk of those that are eligible so Kenny must feel he knows the lie of the land with young Dundalk players and wants a look at others and give them their chance.

As an aside Kenny's choice of assistant coaches is a little odd, underwhelming even even for U21s. I fully expected Tom Mohan to be involved but he is doing a solid job with U19S. That both Andrews and Crawford are doing their Pro Licence with this up coming course SK will be mentoring them through it. It will only be of benefit to them and just maybe is the REAL start of the end of the 'limited' Irish International players thinking or snobbery against home based players. We may expect Andrews on Soccer Republic this season as he will undoubtedly have to familiarise himself with LoI and is probably still contracted to RTE as a pundit. Crawford moving to U21s will leave a spot for a new U18s coach and Colin O'Brien is a good young coach with the U17s. It is only the potential of seeing the domestic game develop due to a change in mindset with all the international coaches and that pressure then on the FAI to do the same that softens the loss of Kenny before 2020!

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/01 ... ist-kenny/

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:05 am

Just speaking for myself (and no reflection on your post dell) two things occurred to me today - 1. Stephen is doing a great job of staying in the football public's mind with announcements like today's (would anyone have even noticed a Noel King training session announcement?); 2. I couldn't give a shite about the Ireland U21s!

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:49 am

Meanwhile Mick McCarthy is trying to sign up any Englishman who can point out Dublin on a map....SK will be a forgotten man soon.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:07 am

Lol I agree on the U21s really and i've surprised myself at how much I'm club over country of recent. I do think that the general public dont care much about the u21s either but after 40 years of never qualifying at that level and the cronyism of that job over the years has fostered apathy. But as you mention SK is already raising the interest and while thats pretty passive currently it bodes well for the future profle of the domestic game.

If a bunch of these lads do qualify with the core the squad domestic based (Kenny alludes to the success of Italy and Sweden being due to lads playing first team football in their domestic leagues) well it would raise the profile and broaden the base of people that see our league as key to future full international qualification. If Irish football fans quit deriding LoI as a result then maybe just maybe attendances across the league will rise. I am looking for the silver lining when seeing SK in green but in the long term his appointment, as annoying how its happened, could be a game changer for LoI. Of course when VP has us in group stages we will have the best of both worlds!!

I do feel that the biggest impact of SK on the league in due course will be the better all round coach that will come through by setting the example of having faith in the coaching pathway and subsequent deveopment of players. Less of the John Caulfield British tactical thinking and lack of faith in players ability (how many European games did the play without a sniff of an attack never mind scoring!?) and a lot more looking to the continental game. Less battering ram and more footballers!

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:37 pm

Another Dundalk connection with the new international set-up and will probably move to the senior team in 2020. I think Kevin played with Dundalk youths at one time, sister Claire played for our womans team that won the cup also.

https://www.talkofthetown.ie/knockbridg ... room-team/