Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Alrightourfella » Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:11 pm

Let's be honest when he was at Dundalk some fans were having a go at the lad hes this hes that hes good back up to hoban, kelly never got a decent chance and Dundalk had the opportunity to take him back from pats when he was on loan its only now he's playing well we are crying wolf some players just click at a club or under a new manager boo boo on our part surly.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:12 am

Dont get me wrong we can't diss Hoban's record for us, but there is too much emphasis on his perceived importance to the club, kelly didnt get enough chances or long enough run in the side when here. But he certainly scored any chance he did get. Same with Maguire. Managers make mistakes, it is part of the game, they get a feeling for one player over another. I do think with our style of play we need a more agile faster striker but then the tactics wr play hinder us. Personally i dont like hoban coming back deep for the ball or going wide because, invariably wr have nobody up top then and the play needs to be slowed down until we can get somebody up top or hoban gets back into position. For that style of play we need a fast agile striker. So either play to Pat's strengths of which he has many, or sign a striker that suits this slower build up where the striker drops wide or deep to pick up the ball.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:38 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:12 am Dont get me wrong we can't diss Hoban's record for us, but there is too much emphasis on his perceived importance to the club, kelly didnt get enough chances or long enough run in the side when here. But he certainly scored any chance he did get. Same with Maguire. Managers make mistakes, it is part of the game, they get a feeling for one player over another. I do think with our style of play we need a more agile faster striker but then the tactics wr play hinder us. Personally i dont like hoban coming back deep for the ball or going wide because, invariably wr have nobody up top then and the play needs to be slowed down until we can get somebody up top or hoban gets back into position. For that style of play we need a fast agile striker. So either play to Pat's strengths of which he has many, or sign a striker that suits this slower build up where the striker drops wide or deep to pick up the ball.
That's the problem with Hoban, we're not doing enough to play to his strengths like you've said. He's probably the best striker in the league but the final ball to him is usually terrible and he has to drop deep to try and make something happen when he does we have no options. McMillan seems to suit our style of play more at the moment. Maybe playing a proper out and out ten (patching?) might help. He's another player that we need to play to his strengths.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:20 pm

Breaking news: Towell is still good

Ten goals in 5 days by ex dundalk players

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:51 pm

I can see the mods being asked to shut this thread down. It's a bit like following your best friend on IG and he keeps posting pictures of him snogging your ex girlfriend.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 pm

Fair play to Richie good player.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:00 pm

oldfogey wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:51 pm I can see the mods being asked to shut this thread down. It's a bit like following your best friend on IG and he keeps posting pictures of him snogging your ex girlfriend.
It was much worse than snogging. Richard was pulling Derrys pants down.
I couldn't take it anymore, switched to the Pats game and up pops Bobby Benson with a goal.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:39 am

Dean Jarvis on the mark for Larne in a very imoressive 2 1 win over AGF from Denmark

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:12 pm

Glentoran pushing the boat out to take McCarey

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:53 pm

I see in today's Independent that Sean Hoare came in for some criticism from Daniel McDonnell following Rovers 4-2 defeat at Flora Tallinn. Sean Gannon didn't play at all, not even on the bench. Anyone know if he is out of favour with Bradley - or injured?
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:56 pm

Wexford White wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:53 pm I see in today's Independent that Sean Hoare came in for some criticism from Daniel McDonnell following Rovers 4-2 defeat at Flora Tallinn. Sean Gannon didn't play at all, not even on the bench. Anyone know if he is out of favour with Bradley - or injured?
Hearing mixture of both, that he is injured but has also lost favour too. Grass isn't always greener ganno.. Then again when you kiss THAT badge you deserve everything you get imho.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:18 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:56 pm
Wexford White wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:53 pm I see in today's Independent that Sean Hoare came in for some criticism from Daniel McDonnell following Rovers 4-2 defeat at Flora Tallinn. Sean Gannon didn't play at all, not even on the bench. Anyone know if he is out of favour with Bradley - or injured?
Hearing mixture of both, that he is injured but has also lost favour too. Grass isn't always greener ganno.. Then again when you kiss THAT badge you deserve everything you get imho.
Weren't these guys offered long term contracts? That's gonna hurt next year if Ganno is let go by "mutual consent". I'd ALMOST feel sorry for Rovers. As regards badge/a&$e kissing, if you're good enough that your football does the talking for you on the pitch, you don't need to pander to the masses.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:20 pm

Sean Gannon is injured and was a great servant to Dundalk FC grass hasn't been that green on Dundalks side either especially when your offered shit 1 year contracts.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:45 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:20 pm Sean Gannon is injured and was a great servant to Dundalk FC grass hasn't been that green on Dundalks side either especially when your offered shit 1 year contracts.
Well said our fella!

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:52 pm

Nathan Oduwa linked with Sligo. He's been a free agent since he left Dundalk last December.