Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Wexford White » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:59 am

There were 4 ex Dundalk players playing for Rovers last night and I believe that we owe them our thanks for the enormous contribution they have made to the huge success our beloved club has experienced in the last few years. Their loyalties are to themselves and their families. They owe us nothing. They do not deserve the treatment meted out to them by some of our supporters.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:34 am

Bottom line is players leave clubs all the time. The club offered him a horrendous new contract undeserving of everything he gave to the club. He was 100% correct to turn it down, espwcially when we have signed less than average players on a lot more money than we offered Gannon. So the throwing of the money onto the pitch was stupid, while the pigs head was crass.
What i didnt like from Gannon when he left was that he didn't thank the fans for our unwavering support to him. Also when he signed for rovers he was asked on their youtube channel about him kissing the dundalk badge when he scored against rovers. His reply was. "I wasn't kissing the badge i was trying to bite it off". Now that might have been said as a joke, but will rile up fans as we all saw on Friday night.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Gannon, Hoare, Massey, Mountney, were treated terribly at the end and don't deserve any grief. I've no problem with Richie either. But they're playing for rivals so fk them, I'm not applauding them. Finn left for an easier life without having the decency to talk to the club first. A burning lack of ambition to step down to Rovers at the time.

Anyway, 2 assists for Horgan, McGrath featuring strongly in a fine Ireland win under Kenny. He's slowly getting there, with a very very limited squad available to him

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:08 pm

It is a bit ironic that the fans giving them abuse are also protesting at the running of the club, if they can’t see how the two are linked then that’s on them

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:43 pm

Horgan didn't feature at all under Mick Mccarthy, he was playing decent at Hibernian at the time too.

Another ex League of Ireland making his mark in Ogbene. I remember him breaking through at Cork and then having a good season with Limerick.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:01 pm

Shoco wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:08 pm It is a bit ironic that the fans giving them abuse are also protesting at the running of the club, if they can’t see how the two are linked then that’s on them
These lads are braindead no chance they can link the two. The players mentioned were treated awfully by the club and owe us nothing. Imagine being annoyed at a player who won us multiple trophies for not stroking your ego after they leave. If I met any of them tomorrow I'd apologise for how they were treated. It's a stain on what was a great era.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:47 pm

Moment of madness from McCarey https://t.co/DDQkyaJAGB?amp=1