Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Postby Jaycee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:56 pm

Andy Boyle makes his debut for PNE tonight in a difficult away game at Derby County. It's also his 26th birthday.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:33 pm

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:49 pm

PNE losing 1-0, Horgan comes on with 30 mins to go, I don't think he made the assist but they equalised in the last min, 95th I think. What an occasion for Boyle. I`m absolutely delighted for the two of them, just fantastic to see them progressing so strongly.

Also Richie got 10 mins or so tonight.

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Andy Boyle
Very very good performance from him tonight, dealt extremely well with experience championship strikers in Nugent and Bent in his first championship performance, made some key interceptions and didn't miss a header, got two very good players on our hands from these lads at Dundalk! UTW

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:07 am

PNE defender Andy Boyle described making his first start in PNE colours this evening as a 'great feeling'.
The Irishman slotted in at centre half alongside Paul Huntington for his first ever game in English football, all of which on his 26th birthday.

"I've waited a while but I can't have any complaints as the lads have been doing really well and it's difficult to get into the team," said Boyle on making the starting XI for the first time since arriving at North End at the start of 2017.

"It's a decent result for us - I felt we deserved something from the game and to do it in the way we did it makes it even better."

Boyle was alluding to North End's last minute equaliser this evening which saw Tom Barkhuizen level the scores seconds before the final whistle after Matej Vydra fired the hosts in front in the 50th minute.

Chances were few and far between throughout the 90 minutes at Pride Park, and Boyle felt Derby's goal early in the second-half could have been a real blow to their hopes of picking up a point this evening.

"Their goal halted our momentum," Boyle continued. "We probably didn't start the second-half as well as we'd have liked and to be fair to them, they started quite quickly and it was hard to get to grips with them, but we kept going and ended the game strongly.

"We were well worth the point tonight, we limited them to few chances so taking everything into account, I thought we deserved it."

Today will certainly be one for the Boyle scrapbook after making his bow in English football on his birthday, and the defender was satisfied with his night's work.

"I've been looking forward to this moment since I signed," stated Boyle. "I thought I did okay - It would have been nice to keep a clean sheet but a point is the main thing and that keeps us going.

"Credit to the lads, with ten minutes to go at a big club like Derby to still be pushing for an equaliser, it's a great point for us and moves us on to Saturday."

On his emotions after finding out that he made the starting XI, Boyle added: "I found out an hour and a half before kick-off so it was a late enough one but we'd done plenty of work in preparation in our shape and things like that. You have to be ready for these types of occasions when they're brought upon you."

Handsome Prince
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Handsome Prince » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:32 am

Jaycee thank you for the updates. Very much appreciated. You send these posts and it appears that they're not read. But they are, believe me. So it's great to hear how are 'Townies' are progressing and keep up the good work.
Many thanks once again from us all on Orielweb.
Your strip is nearly as nice as ours!!
As ever
HP

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:08 am

Thanks HP

I genuinely don't come on here to gloat. I started looking on this forum when PNE first showed an interest in Andy & Daryl. Dundalk should be rightfully proud in the way that they have progressed various players. I read all the reports on Dundalk and I can be regarded as very interested fan from accross the water. You've made a great start to the new season.

One thing that stands out to me is that the best asset you have got is SK. Steve Kenny is obviously a very good Manager and is far more important than any player at the club. You really do need to keep hold of him. Manager's are being sacked on a weekly basis in England and I'm surprised no one as yet has tried to persuade him to leave.

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:37 am

Brilliant am delighted for Boyler, hopefully many more appearances to follow, am sure both the lads will kick on now an delighted for them great lads too,Kenny won't be here much longer unfortunately,he's good very good and its only right his talent takes him to the top of football either as the next Ireland manager or a top job in England.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:27 am

Absolutely delighted to see Andy Boyle and Richie Towell make their league debuts last night. It looked like only a matter of time for Andy and it seems he did well. Wonderful to see Richie get a run for Brighton last night.... this is a team pushing hard for the Premier League. It's been a tough year and a bit, lets hope he can keep involved.

It goes to show this league can be a legitimate path to the big time.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:16 pm

Gavin on the ball in the Demo article:

INTERVIEW | Andy Boyle reflects on his Preston debut

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/home ... debut.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Wayne Hatswell joins Newport County AFC Coaching Staff
Read more at http://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/ar ... hg3L8EG.99

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:10 pm

Boyle and Horgan both start for Preston today. Pretty remarkable that two players that were with Dundalk up until four months ago are now starting for a top half of the Championship club.

It's hard not to daydream about what may have happened had we qualified for the Champions league proper and earned the millions that went along with it and were able to hang on to players of their caliber.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

rummy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby rummy » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:53 pm

Horgan scores as well.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Louth4sam wrote:Boyle and Horgan both start for Preston today. Pretty remarkable that two players that were with Dundalk up until four months ago are now starting for a top half of the Championship club.

It's hard not to daydream about what may have happened had we qualified for the Champions league proper and earned the millions that went along with it and were able to hang on to players of their caliber.

Half time, goal for Horgan, yellow for Boyle
The Back of the Wall

Return to “General Discussion”