Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by El Paso » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:36 pm

Davy Mac getting transfer listed is a sad end to his Scottish sojourn. Said it at the time that I couldn’t understand how a qualified architect, playing for the finest team Ireland had ever seen, could consider a mid table Scottish team an ambitious move. So his wages went up for a year? Woo fuckin hoo. What a waste.

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lilywhite66 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:13 pm

David Mc Millian or any other player is entitled to do what they want with ther lifes and careers, the decision he made is nobodys bussinses but his own,fair play to him for giving it a go so what if it hasn't worked out you have to take risks in life, some on here have Dundalk FC blinkers on and can't see pass why any player who would want to leave and try and better themselves. Good luck to David going forward and to the lads selected for Rep of Ireland u21s it's a great honour.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:29 pm

I would be amazed if Rovers did not make a big effort to sign McMillan. He would be likely to give them a cutting edge that could propel them into serious league challengers
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:03 pm

Dylan Connolly starts for Wimbledon in the FA Cup against West ham

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Shaun Williams providing some great dead balls to help put Everton out of the FA Cup.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:53 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Dylan Connolly starts for Wimbledon in the FA Cup against West ham
Couple of nice touches from Dylan already
The Back of the Wall

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:21 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Dylan Connolly starts for Wimbledon in the FA Cup against West ham
Delighted for him, he's having a stormer. He always gave 100% for Dundalk so I think every Dundalk fan will be hopeful he does well
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Sneachta » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:53 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
Delighted for him, he's having a stormer. He always gave 100% for Dundalk so I think every Dundalk fan will be hopeful he does well
I tell ya what, the chap has done well. Hats off and he's on the big stage. Talk about getting the breaks. Fair play to him. I would have been one of the many to have criticised Dylan but he made a considerable contribution to Wimbledons win tonight. Well done.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

holidaysong
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by holidaysong » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:59 pm

Excellent performance from him tonight. Fair play. Counter attack football will suit him much more than our type of game.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:19 pm

We all questioned what Wimbledon saw that we didnt. Well it goes to show that often managers know what they are at compared to us armchair managers. They identified what they needed and he is a fit for them. Its one game but it was a huge game against an English top flight team so fair dues to the lad. West Ham were awful though. I won a few quid on the result but I was think maybe they could do a snatch and run but they were the better side which belies their league position. Ive a soft spot for AFCW and the commentators constantly chipping in with comments about 'original' Wimbledon got irritating!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:52 pm

Dylan doing well at a League 1 side and McEleney flopping just confirms what I thought of English League 1. I’m glad he did well and was delighted with his standing ovation

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Ex DLK players in UK & elsewhere

Post by Sneachta » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:28 am

El Paso wrote:Dylan doing well at a League 1 side and McEleney flopping just confirms what I thought of English League 1. I’m glad he did well and was delighted with his standing ovation
Kick and rush? They're not all like that. Just the s##t ones.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:54 am

I am delighted that Dylan did so well. He didn't suit our style of play, and it wasn't from the lack of trying on his part. This happens in football.

By the way, he was awarded free kicks last night that he never would have got in the LOI. While at Dundalk, he was being constantly fouled and refs would just wave play on.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:19 pm

I felt that he was far too easily fouled myself and found it frustrating how often he opted to hit the deck and look for a free. It built a reputation which probably swayed refereeing decisions on top of them being inept in general!

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:10 pm

I'm delighted for Dylan that he did so well and really hope he can sustain his place and build his performances.

That said, his was by far the best bit of transfer activity involving the club so far this window.

Maybe Sean Murray signature could change that perception.........
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.