Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Ground Standards

Postby oldfogey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:45 am

el-pietro wrote:Theres an interview with Mike Treacy of Peak 6 in this weeks LOI Weekly. He talks briefly about improving the stadium but more generally about their plans for Dundalk. Might be of interest to you.

Talk about sticking your head above the parapet. Much as we appreciate the notification, one or two of us do follow other forms of social media and podcasts(tic).

He is also Chairman of Dundalk FC so his appearance was hardly a secret at our end. I can't imagine myself letting you know there was a match report on the Derry game in the Examiner. If we had a supporters club we could make you an honorary member.

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby el-pietro » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:03 pm

oldfogey wrote:
el-pietro wrote:Theres an interview with Mike Treacy of Peak 6 in this weeks LOI Weekly. He talks briefly about improving the stadium but more generally about their plans for Dundalk. Might be of interest to you.

Talk about sticking your head above the parapet. Much as we appreciate the notification, one or two of us do follow other forms of social media and podcasts(tic).

He is also Chairman of Dundalk FC so his appearance was hardly a secret at our end. I can't imagine myself letting you know there was a match report on the Derry game in the Examiner. If we had a supporters club we could make you an honorary member.

Could you be any more of a condescending prick? I haven't posted here since February. I was listening to the podcast and came to see if there had been any discussion, didn't see any so left a note of it. It only came out last night/this morning.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:34 pm

oldfogey wrote:

Jesus Christ oldfogey relax the jets...I'm the first to get prickly when fans of other clubs post something negative on here but to be fair el pietro has done nothing here.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 pm

el-pietro wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

Could you be any more of a condescending prick? I haven't posted here since February. I was listening to the podcast and came to see if there had been any discussion, didn't see any so left a note of it. It only came out last night/this morning.

The sun doesn't agree with everyone.

As for the interview, it is pretty consistent with the message fans have been getting from the new owners. They are very accessible, Mike was very happy to mix with away fans in Tallaght on Friday and answer questions.

I am less interested in the quality of the stadium than I am with maintaining the quality of the football on the pitch. I do expect the indefensible aspects of OP to be addressed (toilets, more sheltered areas) to be addressed. I think anything else will take time.

The key development this week was the signing of Vinny Perth on a three year contract, and the renewal of the contracts of Hoare and McGrath.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:49 pm

White Horse wrote:
el-pietro wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

The sun doesn't agree with everyone.

As for the interview, it is pretty consistent with the message fans have been getting from the new owners. They are very accessible, Mike was very happy to mix with away fans in Tallaght on Friday and answer questions.

I am less interested in the quality of the stadium than I am with maintaining the quality of the football on the pitch. I do expect the indefensible aspects of OP to be addressed (toilets, more sheltered areas) to be addressed. I think anything else will take time.

The key development this week was the signing of Vinny Perth on a three year contract, and the renewal of the contracts of Hoare and McGrath.

I agree with this

I posted a while back and posed the question re fans opinions if we had to move away from OP for a yr or two to get it up to scratch. It’s a diff question because I can’t see any way in which we’d be winning the league playing our home games in the Drogs or Newry.

Also credit where credit is due, el Pietro was doing us a favour. its the trolling gits that come on here every so often that are the waste of time

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Wow, personal abuse. Seems some people have found their level.

Return to “General Discussion”