Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Conroy
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Ground Standards

Postby Conroy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 am

Aside from the major issue we know in Oriel Park - Away Terrance needing a roof etc,

I Think this topic needs to be raised, Simple ground improvements need to be made the most concerning to me would be the need for more concreting in the area near the corner of the shed and the town end. The corner is full of mud and when its rains it can be a right health hazard. Come full time you have a couple of hundred fans passing through this area at once, someone is going to get injured sooner or later. Its 2014 and fans paying good money in the ground should not have to walk through muck to get out of the ground.

I'm not sure of the cost of concerting this area, maybe someone on here would be able to put a figure on this but I feel this needs to be done sooner rather than later.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Ground Standards

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:47 am

If this is a safety issue (as it appears to be if someone is likely to be injured) this falls into an 'essential' rather then 'desirable' category. I doubt the cost of making this secure and safe would be significant
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

DFCshed
Reserves
Reserves

Postby DFCshed » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:31 pm

I'd agree with this 100% Conroy. Oriel as a footballing ground is poor to say the least. We would all love to see improvements (away section, better toilets, grass pitch, etc). But that section at the corner needs to be fixed and wouldn't be a big job. Concreting around the corner so people have enough space to walk around on would help improve things. It's a health hazard as you mentioned and not only that you have to jump over puddles and muck.
We are Premier League

Conroy
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Conroy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 pm

I've mailed the club about it, looking forward to seeing if I get a reply at least.

trevcelt
Reserves
Reserves

Postby trevcelt » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:48 pm

also a proper disabled veiwing area

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:16 pm

This seems a reasonable area to look at, the town side corner of the shed. I go to the stand, but I do like to watch a few matches from the far side, and I know exactly the issue here. You also end up walking on the grass bank behind the goal too if there are people in your way on the footpath.

Nothing will be done to the away area, we know that, but in saying this we have also increased that price too by a fiver, and we are offering nothing more in return. We know this is similar to what Bray offer, and also what Pats have on their terrace side, but it's still a pity we couldn't have erected some sort of cow shed cover as I think this area reflects very badly on the club, but that's just the way it is.

However, we all know there are a lot of other priorities to focus on. It would be some list if you sat down and started drawing a list to improve things on in the old ground, funding for starters would be a huge hurdle.

It's such a pity there is not similar support in the LOI, to what the IL clubs have for ground improvement grants, you look at the likes of Coleraine last Monday, even closer to home like Glenavon, and then Crusaders, all tidy grounds that benefited from proper government sporting or IFA grants.

Edit, meant to say Athlone have a nice new facility this season, a covered disabled section for fans, I saw a photo of it last week on foot.ie looks really impressive, small enough but it's a really modern facility to offer.

atfconline
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby atfconline » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Been there since 2007, part n parcel of the new stadium.

Since 1887 :: Celebrating Over 120 Years of Athlone Town Football Club

trevcelt
Reserves
Reserves

Postby trevcelt » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:32 am

thats the job alright

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:32 pm

i noticed that a lot more of the floodlights were working on friday night, there was a shocking amount of them not working for the coleraine game

Conroy
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Conroy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Have yet to get a reply from anyone at the club on this,

If anyone on here has a direct email for anyone at the club could they possibly DM me?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:45 pm

Conroy wrote:Have yet to get a reply from anyone at the club on this,

If anyone on here has a direct email for anyone at the club could they possibly DM me?

The email address for the club secretary is published on the website

http://www.dundalkfc.com/club/club-directory/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

vectrababe

Postby vectrababe » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:00 am

well if oriel park is in a bad way ( someone may send tinnelly demolition to hunky dory park ) what a dump 15 euro u cant even see the game for poles and steel beams

Northern Lilywhites
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Northern Lilywhites » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:50 am

I won €90 on a LOI bet tonight and i will gladly give that money towards shelters for disabled fans in op.
The LOI
It's better than you tinnkk!

trevcelt
Reserves
Reserves

Postby trevcelt » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:01 pm

fair play NL

ardee_lilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ardee_lilywhite » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:57 pm

as bad as people say oriel park facilities are definitely the wheelchair area in hunky dorey park is a lot worse, i said after the first game this season im never going near the place again, cant see anything from the area and theres one of the stewards always standing in the way

Return to “General Discussion”