Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Ground Standards

Postby OHare » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:33 pm

For anyone that has snapchat there is videos on the clubs official account of the first team and under 17s training on the pitch today..
Plenty of black rubber flying about anyway

davidwsally
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby davidwsally » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Thought the rubber was a thing of the past with this pitch...didn't see any sign of it in the Arsenal cup tie on telly the other night...and that was only a 3G pitch...I think? grass, but when could it be done with the league running all year...

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Ground Standards

Postby Sneachta » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:38 pm

mike wrote:The squad trained on the pitch around 3 or 4pm today, I saw a photo earlier, have to say it looks fantastic.

Didn't look great to me. Looked like there were foot prints in it like when you walk in snow. I won't know til I get there tomorrow

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Postby shep » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Was up at it the other day and the artificial grass seemed quite long...looked well though

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:08 am

shep wrote:Was up at it the other day and the artificial grass seemed quite long...looked well though

Hopefully it looks better in person so it looks very poor in those videos
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:23 am

I have seen the pitch but only in photos,it looks great although playing on it maybe another story, I just feel if we got on it a week earlier it would of been good to get a feel of it,rovers have been training on the same type surface for a couple of weeks,looking forward getting up their tonight hope all goes well.

dieseldlk
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby dieseldlk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 am

Seen a video on Snapchat this morning. Looks good and the bounce looked natural too. Players and u17s trained on it yesterday

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Ground Standards

Postby 0rl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 am

dieseldlk wrote:Seen a video on Snapchat this morning. Looks good and the bounce looked natural too. Players and u17s trained on it yesterday

Is there any chance of seeing the videos somewhere else for those not on snapchat?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 am

Stephen O'Donnell said in an interview it's a big improvement on lay years pitch. I'll take his word for it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:07 am

The players were very impressed with the pitch. These are the same lads who were privately very critical of the last surface.

I'm a bit disappointed with there being a rubber infill. I wouldn't expect the pitch to look brilliant on TV tonight because of that.

dieseldlk
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby dieseldlk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:53 am

With Snapchat you can't save to upload once you watch it's gone. I downloaded it solely for this

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:04 am

dieseldlk wrote:With Snapchat you can't save to upload once you watch it's gone. I downloaded it solely for this

Cheer thanks, I thought they might have it somewhere else as well.

I was up collecting a ST yesterday and ran in to take a look. It looks miles better than last years but yes they have added the black in-fill also but overall it looks green this year.

The black is only really noticed where the machines are raking and depositing the excess in-fill off at the edges (dead ground over the sideline). Also as you scan the full pitch you can see spots of it and maybe a small streak like a puddle but I reckon all it needs is more raking to blend it all in.

There's also spots where it looks a bit yellow. Maybe the plastic grass is so real it dies :-) but again that's the other in-fill coming through so plenty of runs of the rake yesterday ad again today I'm sure will do wonders on it.

I took a few pics from up in the stand to see how it will look on tv/press and yes it shows what I mentioned above but it's only runs of the rake it needs. I would think the pitch guys will be back after the first game to give it a once over again.

robml88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby robml88 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:47 am

0rl wrote:
dieseldlk wrote:With Snapchat you can't save to upload once you watch it's gone. I downloaded it solely for this

Cheer thanks, I thought they might have it somewhere else as well.

I was up collecting a ST yesterday and ran in to take a look. It looks miles better than last years but yes they have added the black in-fill also but overall it looks green this year.

The black is only really noticed where the machines are raking and depositing the excess in-fill off at the edges (dead ground over the sideline). Also as you scan the full pitch you can see spots of it and maybe a small streak like a puddle but I reckon all it needs is more raking to blend it all in.

There's also spots where it looks a bit yellow. Maybe the plastic grass is so real it dies :-) but again that's the other in-fill coming through so plenty of runs of the rake yesterday ad again today I'm sure will do wonders on it.

I took a few pics from up in the stand to see how it will look on tv/press and yes it shows what I mentioned above but it's only runs of the rake it needs. I would think the pitch guys will be back after the first game to give it a once over again.

Reckon it needs any runs with the rake?

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 am

robml88 wrote:
Reckon it needs any runs with the rake?

Mmmmh yeah probably should have reread that b4 posting!!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed May 17, 2017 8:52 am

There is a piece in the Argus today about general club plans for the year ahead, and it was mentioned they might be in a position to release some details about possible ground redevelopments including plans for the YDC during the summer.

It will be interesting to see what the plans are, as it was mentioned the owners want to leave some sort of legacy behind from the euro run. All sounds positive. They are right not to comment further until they have the report back from the feasibility study.

Return to “General Discussion”