Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Ground Standards

Postby dell1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:41 pm

Rome wasnt built in a day! It feels like one of those old 50's cliffhanger shows with the last paragraph along the lines of tune in to next weeks Argus for further details. It does seem to indicate some change from the owners that some work can be done without it all based on onfield performances ie Europe. That Oriel Park improvement is the plan rather than a move. While we all know the worth ground development plans in LoI there does seem to be a bit of movement on that front. At minimum lets hope it is covering the home and away terraces and extending the cover the full length of the shed, even sem permanent structures. And toilet duck, doors that close and a lick of paint. Johnnybegood will be first in line for the Argus next Tuesday night.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:38 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
dell1 wrote:On a positive note there is a good centre piece in the Argus sports section where James Rogers talks to Mal Brannigan about possible developments of Oriel Park with hinting of upgrades for next season.

New toilet duck and doors that close?

Yes please! I've only got short legs and end up making new friends at every game.

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marmulade » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:32 am

Having a big GAA stadium nearby could be a great release valve for the club too. Make Oriel a compact, high-standard venue for typical League of Ireland attendances, but move big European games to the GAA ground. The games still get to take place in the town, there's no arduous travel to Tallaght, and the town reaps the economic benefit.

Just need Louth CoCo and the GAA on the same page, so that such a stadium would meet Category 4 licencing requirements from the outset.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:11 am

marmulade wrote:Having a big GAA stadium nearby could be a great release valve for the club too. Make Oriel a compact, high-standard venue for typical League of Ireland attendances, but move big European games to the GAA ground. The games still get to take place in the town, there's no arduous travel to Tallaght, and the town reaps the economic benefit.

Just need Louth CoCo and the GAA on the same page, so that such a stadium would meet Category 4 licencing requirements from the outset.

This is a brilliant idea, one that I had never thought off. It would be fantastic to be able to move European games and still keep them in town. My only question would be, is the new GAA ground going to be all seater?
King Kenny!

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby OHare » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:03 am

Current Indications is that the GAA ground will be 4800 Seater stand with 7200 terrace opposite.
Future plans leave it that there is room to Build 2 x 5000 terrace behind each Goal.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:26 am

Hi Dell , I will be interested to see what’s going down , I got fed up crowing about in the past . If anything happens
it’s long , long overdue. Someday we might have a proper facility that the town can be proud of. Rather than be ridiculed by Brian Kerr ( and rightly so) every time we are on RTÉ . I always said if we had a proper facility we would increase support from all over the county & Dublin based Dundalk supporters , like myself.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:43 pm

marmulade wrote:Having a big GAA stadium nearby could be a great release valve for the club too. Make Oriel a compact, high-standard venue for typical League of Ireland attendances, but move big European games to the GAA ground. The games still get to take place in the town, there's no arduous travel to Tallaght, and the town reaps the economic benefit.

No chance we would be able to play games in GAA grounds, unless they open all GAA grounds up which would have to go through congress in Jan/Feb which would fail

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Not if the ground is owned by DKIt
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Wexford White » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:Not if the ground is owned by DKIt

Will it be owned by DKIT?
The Back of the Wall

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Colm Corrigan from LMFM already confirmed apart from Louth GAA matches and any DKIT matches (any sport) no other sports will have use.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:50 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:

Colm Corrigan from LMFM already confirmed apart from Louth GAA matches and any DKIT matches (any sport) no other sports will have use.

who am I to correct Mr. GAA.

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marmulade » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:23 pm

I think it would be a shame if the planning didn't consider the use for European games. It's hard to imagine anyone's interests being served by Dundalk traveling further afield to play big matches, particularly given the economic impact on the town. Also, such games would be incredibly unlikely to clash with either GAA or DKIT use in terms of timing.

But I suppose that would deprive us of all the fun of a Pairc Ui Chaoimh-esque drama further down the road, which seems to be the desired approach to decision making in the GAA.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:29 pm

Surely it would be a no brainer for the GAA to allow DFC to use it. From the rent of the ground to the money spent in the bars and shops in the ground, it’s all extra money in their pockets.
King Kenny!

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:54 pm

Johnny Guitar wrote:
DundalkChampions wrote:

No need to be so smart!

What Colm Corrigan from LMFM said as above, was what was said at the meeting when the motion was passed by Louth County Board.

We will not be playing games in Louth/DKIT's new stadium.

The club im sure are aware of this, but if the lads on Orielweb know better work away with your shit talk

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Ground Standards

Postby Johnny Guitar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:06 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
Johnny Guitar wrote:
DundalkChampions wrote:

No need to be so smart!

What Colm Corrigan from LMFM said as above, was what was said at the meeting when the motion was passed by Louth County Board.

We will not be playing games in Louth/DKIT's new stadium.

The club im sure are aware of this, but if the lads on Orielweb know better work away with your shit talk
My reference was Mr Corrigan being Mr gaa.
Apologies for any offence caused

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”