Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Ground Standards

Post by GC. » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:54 pm

Well you did ask "what's the story Peak 6". They are not posting here so please do contact them for all of us and while you're at it ask them what the plans are for when Kenny is gone.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:10 pm

With Stephen Kenny gone, improvement in ground standards is no longer the main issue - by a long way. If Peak 6 decide we are not worth much without our manager, the long term contracts could cripple us.

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by thecaptain » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:13 pm

Jaysus OF, they're hardly going to do a runner 9 months after laying down a couple of million to buy us just because SK is gone, as much of a kick in the stones as that is!
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:28 am

thecaptain wrote:Jaysus OF, they're hardly going to do a runner 9 months after laying down a couple of million to buy us just because SK is gone, as much of a kick in the stones as that is!
We don't know the details of the agreement but with the exception of the YDC - and even that is a matter for debate - the only real asset of value was the money in the bank. Even players on long term contracts are not really guaranteed value as a serious injury converts them from an asset to a liability as the club is still obliged to pay their wages. Stephen Kenny's worth to the club is easily quantified as a 7 figure sum each year but, as we have seen, there is no way of guaranteeing he would stay. On that subject I thought the FAI's statement that the club would receive no compensation was crass, disrespectful and condescending.

Back to the value of the club, it's likely that there was little goodwill paid over and above the NBV of the club. The boys either left the cash behind and were paid for it, or took it out and sold the remaining assets.

The 2019 European run will provide a minimum of €800k, even if we do a Cork. Win the first qualifying round of the CL and that figure skips to €1.2M. There is room for Peak 6 to back us for another 2 years without investing in the team (other than by guarantee) but we need to win the league every season to stay self sufficient.

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by OHare » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:36 pm

With everything going on at the club at the moment it seeks like months since this thread was last discussed..

Guess it's a lick of paint and carry on as we are without any improvements this year..

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:57 pm

OHare wrote:With everything going on at the club at the moment it seeks like months since this thread was last discussed..

Guess it's a lick of paint and carry on as we are without any improvements this year..
Will be the same in 10 yrs time. Nothing major will ever be done to redevelop Oriel.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by marmulade » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 pm

Everyone knows how planning works in this country. If there were any major changes planned for Oriel, you'd know about them months, if not years in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:55 pm

I thought there was a bit of long awaited news about sorting out the kip that is Oriel Park , that would be wishful thinking . You would think the double winners owners i.e Peak 6 would have a Press conference to inform the supporters about plans ( if any) to bring Oriel Park up to standard . Also to inform fans is there a process in motion to appoint a new manager . Instead of having Vinny Perth coming out with ify stuff. They might even sell a few season tickets. You gotta sell the product with positive vibes. So I would say any news Peak 6.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:00 pm

By the way GC , I did ask the question about / plans for Oriel Park / & new manager , I didn’t get a reply. Happy Christmas.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:By the way GC , I did ask the question about / plans for Oriel Park / & new manager , I didn’t get a reply. Happy Christmas.
You mean they didn't tell you it was being knocked with a 32,000 seater stadium will be built for the 2021 season and Dundalk will be playing home games in Tallaght for the 2019 season? You're obviously not one of their favourite fans. :P

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Ground Standards

Post by Sneachta » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:49 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:By the way GC , I did ask the question about / plans for Oriel Park / & new manager , I didn’t get a reply. Happy Christmas.
You must be liveatoriel in disguise! I can sense it in your grammar techniques

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:59 pm

That’s me Sneachta.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:01 pm

1/4 that size would do GC.

carrickfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by carrickfan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:06 am

New fund for large scale sport Infrastructure Fund has just been released. If ever there was a time for the Louth Co Council and the FAI to get together to support the development of OP, it’s now...deadline for application is April.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:36 am

Prior to a bid to host the U21 Euros it's definitely its the time to get the applications in. We may forget about LCC and look to have an application backed by the FAI. 1 stand, for 2000 spectators at approx €2million should not be beyond possible with grants and the club matching funding. Sligo have done a damn good job of their ground without ongoing Europen participation. What they do have though is a well supported and well run members group that contribute an nice lump of funding to the club for such improvements. I would think that due to the regularly referred to wealth of the Peak6 owners that it would be a big ask to have an Oriel Park development fund signed up to and consdering how previous membership type schemes were poorly administered in the past too. It is though the basis on which Sligo made such improvements at the Showgrounds and are now working toward a final stand behind their town goal.

*I should have read how these new grants were being allocated before dismissing Louth County Council's need for involvement if the NGB cant apply on behalf of a member. Minimum €100m sounds promising although wont go too far if the likes of Dalymount is taking 10-15mil as an example.

" The fund will be open for applications until April 2019 and a minimum of €100m is being provided. The new fund will initially focus on the requirements and development plans of National Governing Bodies of Sport and Local Authorities."
http://www.dttas.ie/press-releases/2018 ... fund-lssif

The key for successful applications will be 'multipurpose' facilities, that can be stretched in our case to include the YDC as multi use and a phase one of an overall development on that side of the ground. Its certainly possible if the FAI are on board (coauld they be classed as a small NGB?). In general in Dundalk the velodrome project could get a new lease of life. If Donegal CC are interested it could finally get a move on Harps half built stand in Stranrolar. Regardless it would be almost criminal for Dundalk FC not to at least attempt to get a slice of the pie!!