Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Ground Standards

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:59 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:51 pm Well , we have been very involved in Europe , winning leagues & doing doubles , over the past 10 years & winning millions in prize money , we won 3 million last year & the ground still falling down . There is not a squeak out of our owners about the future , I remember sitting in Tallaght , when we beat Bate Borisov 3-0 , & hard enough as it was to sit in Tallaght rather than Oriel Park , I felt this is the time to start a project & build a new Oriel , nothing happened. For me , I have lost interest in a new Oriel Park , it should have been built 30 years ago .
We won 3m last year. A year where no fans were in attendance no match day revenue. How much wad the squad rumored to be on. Obviously I have absolutely no way of knowing, but the rumour doing the rounds was up on €50k a week. That's €2.6m in players wages alone. How much did it cost to rent the Aviva for 2 europa league games and then Tallaght for 2? How much does it cost to hire charter flights for 6 away legs in Europe and the hotel accomodation? I would safely say that there was no profit in that €3m. Which by the way have we actually received yet? Again I don't know the answer to that. So banging on about prize money this and that. It would appear that we need Europe just to keep the club in operation never mind spending €37.5m on a new stadium. As I said in my previous post without government funding and huge sports capital grants we won't be improving oriel in our lifetime. As tough as that is to take the sooner we accept that and move on from it the better for us all.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:52 pm

I agree Niall , not in our life time , & the annoying part it has been a lifetime , very little has changed .

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:28 pm

With so much going on yesterday (and today!) what did everyone think of the pitch, it looked like it needed to be watered for a start, but was there a few bobbles also, or was the my imagination?

Obviously much bigger fish to fry, but the state of the signage top of the shed, that's where First Produce was, and the infamous LED scoreboard, more to add to the shambles.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:58 pm

mike wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:28 pm With so much going on yesterday (and today!) what did everyone think of the pitch, it looked like it needed to be watered for a start, but was there a few bobbles also, or was the my imagination?

Obviously much bigger fish to fry, but the state of the signage top of the shed, that's where First Produce was, and the infamous LED scoreboard, more to add to the shambles.
Mike before the Bohs game, the commentator said that they were watering the pitch for ages before kick off.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:44 pm

Fair enough ML, I didn't realise that and good to hear.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 pm

More criticism by Alan Cawley , of the worst ground in the league . Maybe 10 million won in prize money over the last 7 years & nothing done .

Bogger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Bogger » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 pm More criticism by Alan Cawley , of the worst ground in the league . Maybe 10 million won in prize money over the last 7 years & nothing done .
Sure club don’t own the ground.. not that simple

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:04 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 pm More criticism by Alan Cawley , of the worst ground in the league . Maybe 10 million won in prize money over the last 7 years & nothing done .
He's actually wrong on that, we are the 3rd worst in the PD, only Drogs and FH behind us.