Ground Standards

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Ground Standards

Postby oldfogey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:45 am

el-pietro wrote:Theres an interview with Mike Treacy of Peak 6 in this weeks LOI Weekly. He talks briefly about improving the stadium but more generally about their plans for Dundalk. Might be of interest to you.

Talk about sticking your head above the parapet. Much as we appreciate the notification, one or two of us do follow other forms of social media and podcasts(tic).

He is also Chairman of Dundalk FC so his appearance was hardly a secret at our end. I can't imagine myself letting you know there was a match report on the Derry game in the Examiner. If we had a supporters club we could make you an honorary member.

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby el-pietro » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:03 pm

oldfogey wrote:
el-pietro wrote:Theres an interview with Mike Treacy of Peak 6 in this weeks LOI Weekly. He talks briefly about improving the stadium but more generally about their plans for Dundalk. Might be of interest to you.

Talk about sticking your head above the parapet. Much as we appreciate the notification, one or two of us do follow other forms of social media and podcasts(tic).

He is also Chairman of Dundalk FC so his appearance was hardly a secret at our end. I can't imagine myself letting you know there was a match report on the Derry game in the Examiner. If we had a supporters club we could make you an honorary member.

Could you be any more of a condescending prick? I haven't posted here since February. I was listening to the podcast and came to see if there had been any discussion, didn't see any so left a note of it. It only came out last night/this morning.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:34 pm

oldfogey wrote:

Jesus Christ oldfogey relax the jets...I'm the first to get prickly when fans of other clubs post something negative on here but to be fair el pietro has done nothing here.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:36 pm

el-pietro wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

Could you be any more of a condescending prick? I haven't posted here since February. I was listening to the podcast and came to see if there had been any discussion, didn't see any so left a note of it. It only came out last night/this morning.

The sun doesn't agree with everyone.

As for the interview, it is pretty consistent with the message fans have been getting from the new owners. They are very accessible, Mike was very happy to mix with away fans in Tallaght on Friday and answer questions.

I am less interested in the quality of the stadium than I am with maintaining the quality of the football on the pitch. I do expect the indefensible aspects of OP to be addressed (toilets, more sheltered areas) to be addressed. I think anything else will take time.

The key development this week was the signing of Vinny Perth on a three year contract, and the renewal of the contracts of Hoare and McGrath.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:49 pm

White Horse wrote:
el-pietro wrote:
oldfogey wrote:

The sun doesn't agree with everyone.

As for the interview, it is pretty consistent with the message fans have been getting from the new owners. They are very accessible, Mike was very happy to mix with away fans in Tallaght on Friday and answer questions.

I am less interested in the quality of the stadium than I am with maintaining the quality of the football on the pitch. I do expect the indefensible aspects of OP to be addressed (toilets, more sheltered areas) to be addressed. I think anything else will take time.

The key development this week was the signing of Vinny Perth on a three year contract, and the renewal of the contracts of Hoare and McGrath.

I agree with this

I posted a while back and posed the question re fans opinions if we had to move away from OP for a yr or two to get it up to scratch. It’s a diff question because I can’t see any way in which we’d be winning the league playing our home games in the Drogs or Newry.

Also credit where credit is due, el Pietro was doing us a favour. its the trolling gits that come on here every so often that are the waste of time

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:52 pm

Wow, personal abuse. Seems some people have found their level.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:48 am

James Rogers Twittering

Had a chat with Dundalk chairman Mike Treacy after last Thursday’s Europa League win where he revealed Peak owner Matt Hulsizer was impressed by the potential of Oriel Park having visited for the first time. Treacy said there were plans for the ground “in the pipeline”.

"There’s just so much opportunity here. We took them around the entire ground and over to the YDC and talked about some things. I’m not going to go into detail on those because everyone will get all excited about it but it was great," he said. Full story in this week's Argus

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 0152538112

"everyone will get all excited" ? Will johnnybegood explode with anticipation and have a 100,000 seater stadium built in his mind?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Ezeikial wrote:James Rogers Twittering

Had a chat with Dundalk chairman Mike Treacy after last Thursday’s Europa League win where he revealed Peak owner Matt Hulsizer was impressed by the potential of Oriel Park having visited for the first time. Treacy said there were plans for the ground “in the pipeline”.

"There’s just so much opportunity here. We took them around the entire ground and over to the YDC and talked about some things. I’m not going to go into detail on those because everyone will get all excited about it but it was great," he said. Full story in this week's Argus

"everyone will get all excited" ? Will johnnybegood explode with anticipation and have a 100,000 seater stadium built in his mind?

Or maybe the toilets will get a lick of paint and some air freshener
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:21 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:James Rogers Twittering

Or maybe the toilets will get a lick of paint and some air freshener

Or a lock on toilets for you know who!!!!

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby OHare » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Salford FC have a nice Terrace Behind there Goals which would be ideal for our Town end.
Even safe standing seats could be installed so its seated for Euro Ties.

http://footballgroundguide.com/images/p ... errace.jpg

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:09 pm

Very happy Eze. They must have been listening to me .

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:08 pm

One thing for certain we have plenty of space. Behind the town goal for a new stand would be ideal, but remember how well the temp stand looked behind the Carrick goal for the two games in 2014. My preference would prob be the town end though. With the back drop of the mountains and the old harp, it would be just prefect.

The real potential has to be the shed side using the YDC as the back part with ready made access to bar and possibly later to be added catering facilities. That’s what you want and that’s when you get the families in.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:56 pm

This announcement today while a pretty paltry figure over 10 years is something that should be tapped in to and with some creative thinking some funding could be obtained that would benefit all supporters including the badly needed focus on Disability Sport and female participation. Its not so much sports capital this funding but it could help facilitate access to sports capital grants with joint thinking on projects that could fit together and meet the criteria/targets set out. Dundalk FC should aspire to be at the forefront of increasing various groups' sports participation and make Oriel Park and the club key in the region to reaching the targets set out. These are probably the new 'buzz words' that will swing all types of the larger grant funding in certain directions like the past focus on such things as multi use, social includion and cross-border initiatives.

Women in Sport programme
Disability Sport
increase active participation
Governance Code for the Community, Voluntary and Charity (CVC) Sector
(maybe signed up to already by the FAI).
Linking in with the Sport Ireland programmes and high performance strategy via youth players (eg building the link with DkIT and co-ordinating an application for funding between the IT and Dundalk FC).

The knock on effect of making sure we are integral to this new policy beyond the stated targets would be to grow goodwill and by extension support and attendance outside of the traditional support bases. Sports Capital grants become easier to attain, larger and more frequent too due to being justifiable with progress driven by the club under this new 10 year plan.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/other-sport/20 ... ts-policy/

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:39 am

Drogheda announce new stadium plans with FAI and Louth County Council approval:
http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/stateme ... n-drogheda

As if we didn't already have enough reasons to dislike the council...
Mon the Town!

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am

ArFella wrote:Drogheda announce new stadium plans with FAI and Louth County Council approval:
http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/stateme ... n-drogheda

As if we didn't already have enough reasons to dislike the council...

I’ve had a long running suspicion that LCC has had an agenda against Dundalk FC.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

Return to “General Discussion”