Merchandise/Shop etc

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Merchandise/Shop etc

Postby Sneachta » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:39 pm

Just looking at the christmas shopping and all that needs to be done with regards merchandise in the future.

I feel there is a missed opportunity here where plenty of money could be made, especially with an online shop. I myself I am not located in the town and an online shop would be ideal for many dundalk supporters not based in the town.

I recently inquired if the shop would be open and/when there would be a shop in the marshes. The response from the club was not great PR. "Not til the 14th!Sure there's plenty of shops in Dublin sell the stuff!". Name one! Ta hell with that, I will buy my Christmas presents elsewhere.

#notimpressed #missedopportunity

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Merchandise/Shop etc

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Sneachta wrote:I feel there is a missed opportunity here where plenty of money could be made, especially with an online shop. I myself I am not located in the town and an online shop would be ideal for many dundalk supporters not based in the town.

You may well be right about an online shop being a missed opportunity - it may also represent a very limited market, with a small return for the significant set-up required.

But the fact of the matter is that the merchandising area has been vastly under-developed since Logie departed.

Such is the state of disarray that developing an on-line facility would be well down the list of priorities, such as having a reasonable selection of merchandise available in the first place

Sneachta wrote:
I recently inquired if the shop would be open and/when there would be a shop in the marshes. The response from the club was not great PR. "Not til the 14th!Sure there's plenty of shops in Dublin sell the stuff!". Name one! Ta hell with that, I will buy my Christmas presents elsewhere.

This is on the club website since Friday -

The Dundalk FC Merchandise Store will open for the Christmas period on Monday December 7th at 10am. On sale will be wide range of new CX+ Sports training gear and other merchandise options.

Please note that the new Dundalk FC Home Jersey that will be unveiled next Tuesday is scheduled for general sale on Monday 14th December.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dfc-merchandis ... e-marshes/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mr-toyota
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby mr-toyota » Sun Dec 06, 2015 6:31 pm

The online shop was up and running as i done the pictures of the gear myself. It is not up and running at the minute as there is a hole new range coming out next week from a new supplier. Im sure that when the gear is launched the online shop will be up and running again.
SUPPORT THE DFC TRUST AND PATRON SCHEME http://www.dundalkfc.com/membership.asp

demosport
Reserves
Reserves

Postby demosport » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:43 pm

Sneachta wrote:Just looking at the christmas shopping and all that needs to be done with regards merchandise in the future.

I feel there is a missed opportunity here where plenty of money could be made, especially with an online shop. I myself I am not located in the town and an online shop would be ideal for many dundalk supporters not based in the town.

Ahem....if you've got money to spend and you're looking for some top quality Dundalk FC related Christmas gifts then I really should direct you to this website!!!!!!

http://dundalkfcthedouble.bigcartel.com/

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:32 pm

But the fact of the matter is that the merchandising area has been vastly under-developed since Logie departed.

Its a disgrace that merchandising isnt working - Black and White Mars bars... No problem for Logie1

Colin Gallagher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Colin Gallagher » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:53 pm

We will have to wait and see if it was a supplier problem and if CX+ can analyse and meet the supply and demand.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:56 pm

Yeah the supply of suitable kit did seem to be an issue up there (not saying everything else was fine but it was a factor.)

Hopefully with the new deal this logistics issue will be one thing thats no longer an issue.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby GC. » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:32 am

I don't think it was just a supplier problem. There was nothing stopping the club producing cheap t-shirts for the cup final or league winners. Cost €5 each and sell for €10. There appears to be no initiative from the people running the shop.

It also appears that when orders are made they do not order enough quantity. There should be no fear of being overstocked with generic items with just the DFC crest for example. If it doesn't sell this season it's still applicable to next season. Jerseys are different,

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:29 pm

I had a look at the training gear on sale. Very basic designs, looks like a rush job. I hope the jerseys are better.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:21 pm

Would disagree with White Horse, I called around to the Marshes today & was highly impressed with the stock on display. Also the courteous lady st the counter was most helpful. I'm looking forward to the launch of the club kit tomorrow & I'm sure it will be in plenty of demand of the next couple of weeks. It's great having a local supplier on board & this can only be good for all concerned. Well done to all.

C'MON THE TOWN

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:11 pm

White Horse wrote:I had a look at the training gear on sale. Very basic designs, looks like a rush job. I hope the jerseys are better.

The pictures on the site look very basic. Anything of there's I've seen up until now I haven't been impressed with at all. It all looked like a generic fruit of the loom style shirt with the DFC crest printed on

It's a big gamble going with cx sport as they are a complete unknown quantity in the sports market. Designing sports gear that will sell and sell well is unlike anything they have ever done before.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:28 am

I heard the first day of the new shop in the marshes went very well, with a large queue forming before opening time, and sales were very strong on all items. The only thing they didn't have was the new kit. Won't have long to wait for that tonight.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:54 pm

Re launch of her jersy.......just after contacting oriel park with regard to the launch of the above which takes place in the tain theatre tonight to check times etc,was told it was invitation only and its CX gig.So the ordinary supporters like myself can't attend yet we are expected the gear,I'm sure most of the invited will never be seen in a Dundalk jersy, this in my book is a big big own goal by both DFC and CX sports having already alienated the ordinary supporters before the season even starts.I'm not impressed to say the least...what do you the ordinary supporters think?

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:29 pm

What's the capacity of the theatre - 300 or something so a lot of VIPs. Season ticket holders may have had a shout?! It really depends on what exactly is the happening tonight. It could very well double up as an info night for potential sponsors and the like so it makes sense to be invitation only. There are times when it isnt appropriate to have supporters milling around or having a singsong if there is some sort of specific objective to the evening. Maybe there is a problem of some sorts with design/delays and this is a save face with a jersey template show... no if it is a CX run event as kit suppliers and sponsors and they are carrying the cost its their perogative.
There are a few fans quite precious about these types of things thinking that anything and everything should be available to them as supporters. Some managers and players were judged on whether they came in to the club bar after a match like! It can be like a self awarded access all areas for some at times practically thinking they should be giving the team talk. Not including yerself Buster here.
It is certainly different to what has happened more recently and unusual in that its a source of income via replica sales, and moreso substantial publicity especially with a brand new supplier in the league as a whole. That it isnt open to the general Dundalk public, aiming for the biggest numbers possible at the launch even just for the photos of large crowds at Dundalk FC related event it could be considered a missed opportunity. The official (public) launch should be at the Marshes Shop imo to push the fact that the shop is open there; People buy the kit and a big crowd will draw the interest of the curious type without Dundalk FC interests. New players should always be presented at a public function too for the same reasons which will probably done next Monday.
Last edited by dell on Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:50 pm

I think it's a missed opportunity by both club and CX sport,I have supported DFC since 1958 and never missed a season,I'm also a season ticket holder for many many years and I fell very let down by this,I'm sure some of the prevledged might never visit oriel park ,after all I and all supporters are the customers yes customers and supporters of this club and expected to purchase this gear but you cannot come to the launch because your not a sponcer, maybe not but I'm a supporter and was in oriel and will be when the sponsors are gone......very disappointed .

Return to “General Discussion”