Thank You Dundalk FC

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

francie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Thank You Dundalk FC

Postby francie » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Listen a big thanks here from a Cork City FC supporter for the little beauty that is Sean Maguire. Just what we needed. Muchos Gracias.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Thank You Dundalk FC

Postby Louth4sam » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:45 pm

francie wrote:Listen a big thanks here from a Cork City FC supporter for the little beauty that is Sean Maguire. Just what we needed. Muchos Gracias.

No problem, you guys need all the help you can get. Can't be easy watching Caulfield's football for the past few seasons.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 pm

He took his two goals well. He won't be playing against a winger playing centre half every week though.

micls
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby micls » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:04 pm

White Horse wrote:He took his two goals well. He won't be playing against a winger playing centre half every week though.

He took his goal well last week too, playing against your defenders. The best part is that he can take those chances when they come (even if they don't come as often), something we've severely lacked over the last few years.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Ive to agree! His goal to chance ratio will be higher this season than our own strikers. Still dont think it will take the title Leeside though.

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Its only one game and fair play to maguire he took his goals well but kenny doesn't let good players go,he didet play well for us end of story there is no dressing it up,he also didn't play well for sligo either you have jumped the gun a bit i feel,we'll judge maguire after 15 games when the dust has settled and the honey moon is over! And thank you cork for Horgan we've won 2 lges fai cup lge cup presidents cup and leinster seinor cup cheers what a player!

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:12 pm

francie wrote:Listen a big thanks here from a Cork City FC supporter for the little beauty that is Sean Maguire. Just what we needed. Muchos Gracias.

I hope you'll be very happy together.
The Back of the Wall

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby el-pietro » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:22 pm

Very early days but he has impressed. I've been surprised, didn't expect much from him at all. He was decent against Dundalk, especially after his goal, but he was fantastic against Bohs. Looks like he'll sniff out half chances and thrive on defenders mistakes. Small lad though so might struggle against better defences than Bohs.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:16 pm

In his small cameo appearances for us I liked maguire good player and did his bit.

Asaik seanie demanded to play every week. Obviously the king couldn't guarantee that as performances dictate.

We'll see in October if the correct decision was made
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:40 pm

I thought Maguire was decent but playing a system of one up front always meant there would be limited options for some of the strikers. He was also absent for quite a lot of games for the irish u21 when he was with us, so he never got a run of games really.

I suppose being left out of the cup final squad made him realise he was better off leaving. At the end of the day, he's moved on, maybe a bit strange he's with our closest current rival, but he is, and that's it. We are very well covered with strikers as it is, and who knows we might have a former striker returning from England this summer ?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:55 pm

I always got the feeling Maguire had an elevated opinion of himself. Never seemed the right fit for the kind of dressing room dynamic SK has fostered. There's no doubt he was fired up playing against us and maybe he is the goalscorer Cork needed. That doesn't mean he was the goalscorer we needed.

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 pm

Francie normal service resumed for Cork and dont forget this week to thank St Pats for Bolger.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:23 pm

come out, come out wherever you are Francie boi!! no good bragging about winning a glorified preseason curtain raiser, when you can't win a bread and butter game. you could potentially be 6 points behind the champions come 9.40 next Friday night!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:32 am

Cork lobbed\hoofed high balls into Maguire all night i hear and him probably the smallest man on the park!
He's a decent player with the ball at his feet, but jaysus!

francie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby francie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:14 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:

come out, come out wherever you are Francie boi!! no good bragging about winning a glorified preseason curtain raiser, when you can't win a bread and butter game. you could potentially be 6 points behind the champions come 9.40 next Friday night!

Here I am don't spend much time looking here but of course tonight is a big one. Maguire still a gem for us I think. Being really honest regardless of tonight's result I think our team this year has way more potential than any team we've had for some time. Whether they realise it tonight or this season will be interesting at the very least. A loss for us tonight wouldn't stop me thinking we could still be there end of the season. Can't make it tonight hope it's a good one.

Return to “General Discussion”