Thank You Dundalk FC

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Mr.Walnuts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Thank You Dundalk FC

Postby Mr.Walnuts » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:09 am

Good man francie didn't hear from you in a long time.Typical spineless "people's republican" comment.enjoy it while you can before he signs for reading in the next few weeks.

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Fwats » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:49 am

I've nothing against Sean Maguire at all and granted we are due a bit of stick - we'd be doing the same if the tables were turned - but the truth is your lads were probably playing Fifa on Thursday night not harrying a team like Zenit. Its not an excuse just a pretty significant factor. That we didn't look dead on our feet is a testament to the players and all the management but the extra zip wasn't there. Sean Maguire won a few headers in the second half and had a really tired scuffed kick that deflected and skittered over the line. Does that make us wish he hadn't left? Hardly. I thought he was fairly anonymous overall and well marshalled by Boyle and Garts. Listen the victors get to write the history books which is handy cause we are the champions after all. Enjoy yourselves - we are all league of Ireland fans. I'm disappointed but you had a good season and I'm sure you'll feel a trophy was due. I know we would take a fortuitous goal to win silverware and maybe it was that type of game but don't come on here slagging us over Maguire. Makes you look like a mug.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hull White » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:45 am

Congratulations to Cork for their win. They probably deserved it for turning up and playing second fiddle to the Champions for the last 3-4 years. To be fair, in any other era, they would probably have won a few trophy's but it will be back to situation normal again next season. I was very proud of our team last Sunday. They have performed miracles this year. With a reasonably small squad by European standards, they have been competitive on all fronts and still have a great chance of progressing again to the knockout stages of the EL. I cannot believe I can say that about our team.
They didn't let anyone down in the final. The two best teams in the country went head to head. The fresher team won on the day although we bossed large parts of the game. Again in fairness, football is about goals, they took their chance and we didn't so they deserved the win based on they supplied the most important stat of all. I have no problem with young Maguire scoring either. He couldn't get in the Champions team enough and moved rather than sit on the bench to get regular football. He has shown this season that he is a decent player so well done to him too.
Bring on Maccabai and Alkmaar! Cork can go back to playing football manager! Champeones! Champeones! Ole Ole Ole!

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:58 pm

Thank you back Francie for Rep. Of Ireland international player Darryl Horgan.

What young Seanie next year when the penos dry up!

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby el-pietro » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:33 am

You think you'd learn to spell your best players name right!

robml88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby robml88 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:01 am

Yeah. It's David Hogan.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:58 pm

el-pietro wrote:You think you'd learn to spell your best players name right!

For me the word in bold is what matters, even if all we have done is turn him into an international player.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Long off season for the Corkonians, trawling other fans forums for spelling mistakes.

We're still in Europe if you hadn't noticed. See you in February.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby GC. » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:40 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:

Long off season for the Corkonians, trawling other fans forums for spelling mistakes.

We're still in Europe if you hadn't noticed. See you in February.

He shouldn't be pointing out other people's failings. His grammar is atrocious!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:04 pm

In general Cork supporters are a decent bunch, even though some of them try hard to give the impression of being pedantic imbeciles
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

francie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby francie » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:57 am

Huge game saturday. The excitement in my house with my son and his friend from school who we bring on sat (they are both 8) is enormous. In relation to Seanie again thanks but wanted to say before the game regardless of result/ performance he is a beautiful gem. Hope he scores a few. We are going for the league this year with confidence. Enjoy the trip down should be a cracker

Handsome Prince
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Handsome Prince » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:31 am

Good for you Francie
Needless to say 'we' hope wee Seanie doesn't score a brace of goals.
Good for you bringing the kids. It's wonderful to see the excitement when they're at the games. The players are their real heroes.
Also you are generating a passion that will stay with them for life.
Bring them for a Chicken Supper in Lennoxs' after the game.
So good for you Francie.
Hope springs eternal
HP

francie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby francie » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:51 pm

Listen great day in the cross and again have to thank ye for the creator of our goals. Seanie is on fire. Happy days full house sunshine great day for the league

Handsome Prince
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Handsome Prince » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:01 am

Well done Francie, Kezz et al. Cork played very well and shut us down very effectively.
We were hugely stymied by the loss of Benson and went out of the game until McMillan came on. He really changed it around for us, and at least made a game of it for the last 20 minutes.
But Cork are in a great position now. With Rovers also losing, and us 6 points behind, Derry may be the principal 'chasers'. But it's early days and Cork will lose a match or two along the way.
So interesting times and it could be one humdinger of a season.
But Well done Cork - you deserved that victory today.
Credit where credit is due.
as ever
HP.

francie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby francie » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:42 am

The last 20 mins even when ye went to ten was worrying cos thought ye could get another and we were a little afraid. The pairing of gartland and Barrett is definitely a pairing that is dodgy when ran at. They're fine under high ball wish we had run at them more. Great day out. This time last year ye pulled a bit away and never let it slip be interesting to see if we can push on from here. Great day for the league today great atmosphere and tension. Happy days

Return to “General Discussion”