Rumours/Transfers/Renewals 2017

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Rumours/Transfers/Renewals 2017

Postby Sneachta » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:15 pm

Jack Byrne unwanted by wigan manager Paul Cooke. Would be come to oriel to reignite his career?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Best of luck to Kilduff for the future.
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

sirjohntemple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sirjohntemple » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:00 am

Hints on twitter that Sean Gannon is going to rovers , with Finn paving the way!? Also that some other big names are heading to Tallaght at the end of the season. Any truth in these rumours? I seriously hope not

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:39 am

sirjohntemple wrote:Hints on twitter that Sean Gannon is going to rovers , with Finn paving the way!? Also that some other big names are heading to Tallaght at the end of the season. Any truth in these rumours? I seriously hope not

Can't imagine either club or either of the players going for that. They have Simon Madden at right back so certainly don't need Gannon
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:50 am

Paddy Barrett on way to Waterford. Can't say I'm surprised

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:57 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Paddy Barrett on way to Waterford. Can't say I'm surprised

He hasn't progressed as much as we'd like this season. However in my opinion he has been better than Gartland and his biggest flaw is trying the killer ball constantly rather than a simple pass.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

sirjohntemple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby sirjohntemple » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:43 am

Louth4sam wrote:
sirjohntemple wrote:Hints on twitter that Sean Gannon is going to rovers , with Finn paving the way!? Also that some other big names are heading to Tallaght at the end of the season. Any truth in these rumours? I seriously hope not

Can't imagine either club or either of the players going for that. They have Simon Madden at right back so certainly don't need Gannon

We probably would have said the same thing re Finn before he fcuked off!!
What age is Madden now? He is the best full back in the league imo but Gannon isn't far off him and is a younger version.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:57 am

Will Kilduff be replaced?
Or is this season now a write off for us?
The Back of the Wall

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Wexford White wrote:Will Kilduff be replaced?
Or is this season now a write off for us?

Hoban is coming in apparently.
Apart from the cup, yes this season is now a write off. Just need to finish ahead of one of Derry and Rovers in the league

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:10 pm

Some twat abused players up in Sligo, and some other twat abusing Barrett on Twitter today. And those can be added to the other twats that used to spend their days giving Maguire abuse and (if Cencinski was telling the truth) other twats going all Kevin Myers on him.

If any of you know these melts tell them to wind their thick fúcking heads in. With all the good press we got on the pitch there are plenty only itching to knock us off our perch over this kind of nonsense
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

shedsteve
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedsteve » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Louth4sam wrote:

I cant see that happening either. Why would we want Finn back and why would he want to come back with his nice contract up there/job after football?

In any case why would we let Sean leave? Probably our most consistent performer. I'd be sick to see Ganno leave.

Seems to be lots of rumours flying about with latest saying that Hobinator has failed a medical...

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:49 pm

Why would we finn back? Seriously Steve? Cos we badly miss him in mf this season. Not saying I would swap gannon for him but we need a creator in mf. Suprised in ways that Barrett is leaving. I agree with L4S. His major flaw is he thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer trying to pull off a 60 yrd killer pass instead of the short simple option. Vemmelund is excellent but I doubt he will be here next season. Just the opinion I get... were as Barrett has shown a lot of loyalty in his time here. Suprised we haven't brought new players in on deadline day to bed them in for next season. Apart from FAI cup this season is over chalk it off to experience and go again. Anything is better than the years spent in the graveyard our next big signing and our most important signing is persuading the King to sign up and go again. Players will come and go, but we need Stephen Kenny at the helm.All of what we have achieved this past 5 seasons is down to him.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:22 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Paddy Barrett on way to Waterford. Can't say I'm surprised

I wonder will he be back - the fact that he has gone on loan rather than a "mutual termination of contract" indicates that possibility. Anyone know if his contract expires this season or next season?

BARRETT JOINS WATERFORD ON LOAN

http://www.dundalkfc.com/barrett-joins-waterford-loan/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:42 pm

I'm sorry to see Paddy Barrett go albeit on loan. When called upon he always gave it his best, last season in Europe in particular. Of course it remains to be seen if he will return but the fact it's a loan move at least leaves the door open for his return.

I'd wish him well with Waterford, good luck Paddy.

C'MON THE TOWN:

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:06 pm

I think there's little doubt that this year's squad was built with the intention of trying to fight on two major fronts - 4 in a row, and Europe. It makes sense now to trim the wage bill where the opportunity arises without actually dumping people (termination by mutual consent). Some of the rebuilding for next year will only take place during the close season as players become available.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the elephant in the room. Last I heard McEleney's move was at an advanced stage, although that in itself can often often attract new predators.

Return to “General Discussion”