Rumours/Transfers/Renewals 2017

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

sirjohntemple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Rumours/Transfers/Renewals 2017

Postby sirjohntemple » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:25 pm

shedsteve wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:
sirjohntemple wrote:Hints on twitter that Sean Gannon is going to rovers , with Finn paving the way!? Also that some other big names are heading to Tallaght at the end of the season. Any truth in these rumours? I seriously hope not

Can't imagine either club or either of the players going for that. They have Simon Madden at right back so certainly don't need Gannon

I cant see that happening either. Why would we want Finn back and why would he want to come back with his nice contract up there/job after football?

In any case why would we let Sean leave? Probably our most consistent performer. I'd be sick to see Ganno leave.

Seems to be lots of rumours flying about with latest saying that Hobinator has failed a medical...

Sorry , just to be clear. From what I read on twitter, Finn was encouraging Gannon to go to rovers, not coming back to us.
Anyway as nobody else seems to have heard the rumour hopefully it's BS

shedsteve
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedsteve » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:10 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Why would we finn back? Seriously Steve? Cos we badly miss him in mf this season. Not saying I would swap gannon for him but we need a creator in mf. Suprised in ways that Barrett is leaving. I agree with L4S. His major flaw is he thinks he is Franz Beckenbauer trying to pull off a 60 yrd killer pass instead of the short simple option. Vemmelund is excellent but I doubt he will be here next season. Just the opinion I get... were as Barrett has shown a lot of loyalty in his time here. Suprised we haven't brought new players in on deadline day to bed them in for next season. Apart from FAI cup this season is over chalk it off to experience and go again. Anything is better than the years spent in the graveyard our next big signing and our most important signing is persuading the King to sign up and go again. Players will come and go, but we need Stephen Kenny at the helm.All of what we have achieved this past 5 seasons is down to him.

From a purely footballing perspective for sure Finn is one of the best midfielders in the country but I don't think his head would be in the right space - jumping ship for rovers only to be coming back as a possible makeweight in a Gannon deal. I think its nonsense anyways!

Looks like we are trying to free up some wages with a view to doing some proper business at the end of the season.

McGregor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McGregor » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:14 pm

The original post just meant that Finn was in Gannon's ear to get him to join him in Tallaght, no talk of a swap deal at all.
Find the Barrett move baffling, i look forward to hearing the reasoning behind it, maybe Hoare will be given more opportunities to prove himself,
We definitely need another striker, a few free agents floating about, hopefully someone in sooner rather then later. The season comes down to cup match against Derry next week.

McGregor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McGregor » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:14 pm

Double post

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:34 pm

I honestly think Barrett was playing himself out of the team, his constant attempt and worse belief that he could deliver long range passing was his downfall. I liked him as a player, but too often he didn't focus on the thing he needed to do most, defend. The move is still an odd one, I think I read they only have 6 remaining league games, that can't be right, if it is he might be playing as little as 8 games if they have a modest cup run.

Kilduff scored two huge European goals, that effectively netted us around 500k so he played a huge part, he also scored some important goals, he will be remembered by a lot for his inconsistency in the league, personally I think he should have done a lot more, but overall he played a good part in our success. I wish him all the best.

I'd love to see Hoban back. That and at least 4 fresh faces is what we need for next seasons rebuilding.

Mceleny rumours seems to have gone quiet, but why was he left out of the squad last sat night? If he moves this summer we will command a significant transfer fee, but he will be a huge loss. It's players like him we need to be holding on to and building a better side.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:42 pm

DFC | Kenny expects McEleney to stay at Dundalk FC until the end of the season
Lilywhites boss says there has been no bid for the 24-year-old

https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-kenny-expec ... 9c3e473864
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:52 pm

dell wrote:
Quayman wrote:Regarding Mccormac he has been approached by the club on various occasions over the past 6 years and has turned us down every time. He even turned us down for Derry.

Thats interesting. I wonder did he had a falling out with when at schoolboys or felt he was previously overlooked by Dundalk. If wages were met or beaten then it is a personal issue - pity as as a local lad he'd probably gain cult status with his tenacious midfield play.

It's not interesting, it's bull

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:06 pm

I agree. We already have a tough no nonsense midfielder and while he's not everyone's cup of tea I'd have Chris Shields any day. He also has a temperament a bit too much like Bolger (or Graham Burke) for my liking. Red card waiting to happen.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:35 am

DundalkChampions wrote:
dell wrote:
Quayman wrote:Regarding Mccormac he has been approached by the club on various occasions over the past 6 years and has turned us down every time. He even turned us down for Derry.

Thats interesting. I wonder did he had a falling out with when at schoolboys or felt he was previously overlooked by Dundalk. If wages were met or beaten then it is a personal issue - pity as as a local lad he'd probably gain cult status with his tenacious midfield play.

It's not interesting, it's bull

Well thanks for clearing that up DC....

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:06 pm

Good indications that Patrick Hoban is likely to return

Dundalk's move to bring Pat Hoban back to Oriel Park is on hold - but only for the time being.

Hoban, 25, is due to undergo surgery so his return has been temporarily put back.

But it is still expected that the Lilywhites will be his next port of call, despite interest from Cork City and Shamrock Rovers.

The Galwegian was released by Mansfield in May.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/ ... g-10926655
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Good indications that Patrick Hoban is likely to return

Dundalk's move to bring Pat Hoban back to Oriel Park is on hold - but only for the time being.

Hoban, 25, is due to undergo surgery so his return has been temporarily put back.

But it is still expected that the Lilywhites will be his next port of call, despite interest from Cork City and Shamrock Rovers.

The Galwegian was released by Mansfield in May.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/ ... g-10926655

They're never the same when they come back..............his confidence is probably shot to pieces.
The Back of the Wall

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:26 pm

That's true to an extent but I thick Kenny can get it out of him. Its also testament to the man who believes in Kenny over possibly bigger salary offered by Rovers and possibility of champions league with cork. He's a good lad and will work hard. Just wasn't good enough to score goals but his hold up play was well appreciated by all clubs he was with in england. Just couldn't score which is what a striker is employed to do in the end. He can score goals for us I have no doubt. If McMillan goes, we need someone to play off him

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:02 am

McAneff looked tasty again last night for Derry. I'd be having a good look there. He would seem a good fit into our system.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Kenny signed up until 2020. He really wants to crack Europe with a LOI team. Hopefully he will also be around to unveil some part of the 'new' Oriel.

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk Wolf » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:16 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:Kenny signed up until 2020. He really wants to crack Europe with a LOI team. Hopefully he will also be around to unveil some part of the 'new' Oriel.

Signing of the season. Brilliant news.

Return to “General Discussion”