Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 24 Feb | 8pm | Oriel Pk

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 24 Feb | 8pm | Oriel Pk

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:58 pm

I presume that the 8pm kick off is to suit eir in their live transmission

Only a few sleeps to go to the big kick off

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 24 Feb | 8pm | Oriel Pk

Postby Spiderman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Hoare joins the injury list, Sava Gannon Gartland Barrett Massy.....O'Donnell Benson Duffy Clifford McEleney.... Steward will play if Kilduff is injured no word on his progress??....we usually bounce back from a defeat but we are heading into unknown territory with regarding our new players and the new pitch won't be an advantage we need a big improvement from the cork game especially at the back and in particular Sava...

robml88
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby robml88 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:06 pm

I think it'll be the same team that lined up against Cork on Friday. Paddy Mac will always be playing in the number 10 role from now on, so unless maybe Kinsella comes in for Mountney, I think it'll be unchanged.

James09
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby James09 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Don't have a season ticket just wondering are tickets for this game on sale from Oriel yet?
▒▓██ D █ U █ N █ D █ A █ L █ K █ F █ C ██▓▒

boixos nois
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby boixos nois » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:34 pm

I'd say there should be north of 3500 at this game. Rovers have sold out their 500 allocation and want more. ( good luck with that :) ). Will tickets be on sale in Oriel during the week?

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:43 pm

That's confirmed re 500 tickets for Rovers, I've a mate on the dark side !

I think we would have got 3k anyway, so we might get close to 4k at this match, going to be a lot of interest in the match, first one of the season, new pitch, and who better to start against.

Pity about Hoare, I fancied him to be thrown straight in, Shields is a massive loss too, he thrives in matches like this, seems to slot in perfectly for a big home match, we might be understrength and have a lot of new faces, but I still think we will win.

I'm not reading too much into the Pres Cup defeat, Owen Cowzer (Irish Sun) made good point on LMFM yesterday, we were at least a week behind Cork in terms of pre season. This week will be massive to get the squad up to increased fitness levels, there is plenty of time to put the hard work in.

Re tickets, these are the games you are delighted when you have a ST bought, as I wouldn't be surprised to hear an update later in the week that the stand is close to or fully sold out.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:22 pm

I think we are going to have to be quite patient the earlier part of this season. Staying in touch with the leaders if we find ourselves chasing a bit while the team gets up to full potential. We will be set up with Europe in mind probably, second half of the season is where I think we will kick on. Hard to know where Rovers are at currently such has been the amount of changes they have made close season. It looks like it will be a very tight league this season as there are no obvious gimme's like a Longford in disarray.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:13 am

Friday can't come enough for me!

Kenny wants Oriel Park to be electric for Rovers opener

Dundalk missing a number of key players

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/socc ... pener.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:12 pm

dell wrote: We will be set up with Europe in mind probably, second half of the season is where I think we will kick on.

Have to disagree with this - while Europe will be a factor to say we we will be set up with Europe in mind is balderdash. We'll be set up with the league in mind as we should be. Not to be too cliché but the league is our bread and butter. Without it people can forget about Europe. Patience is a virtue but this crap about having to be patient is also fantasy stuff - no point kicking on in the second half of the season if the leaders are out of sight - just ask Sligo Rovers, their form at the end of the season was pretty impressive but counted for sweet f.a.

Confident we'll come storming out of the blocks Friday night and go onto claim 4 in a row. Squad looks incredibly strong, especially all the midfield options.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:31 pm

------------------------Sava----------------------
Gannon-----Gartland-----Barrett-----Massey
---------------------O'Donnell--------------------
Mountney----------Benson--------------Duffy
---------------------McEleney------------------
--------------------Kilduff/Stewart-----------

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Decent set up that line up. If kilduff plays is that the same starting xi as v Cork?

I wonder will he be tempted to find a place for Clifford though?

With regards to last Fruday, I think it's fair to say we were at least a week behind Cork in terms of pre season. We still got battered, however I'm confident it was a pre season blip only.

I also think even with 3 big first team players injured, we will still have enough in the tank to beat Rovers. I'm going for a 2-1 win.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:45 pm

Rovers will have similar issues in terms of bedding in new players. Their squad is hugely changed. We should have enough in hand to win on Friday.

Will be interesting to see what kind of reaction Finn gets. 'What a waste of talent' is my immediate thought.

ArFella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby ArFella » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:02 pm

Raging I'll miss the game as I'm away in the UK, booked all my holidays this side of March and they move the season openers to February >:-( Optimistic but nervous for the match, no idea what Stewart is like so think Kilduff (if fully fit) up top is the right decision and we need to see more cohesion between Garts and Barrett, the PC was a bit of nightmare for them and Sava! I reckon we'll squeak a 1-0 with plenty of room for improvement.
Mon the Town!

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:29 pm

Tickets on sale during office hours between tomorrow and Friday. Isn't it great to be back!!! Really can't wait fir this, normally it takes me a game or 2 into the season before I start getting really into it, but what a game to kick off with!!! Home to Rovers on a decent pitch and a probable full house, Carlsberg don't do season openers, but if they did...!!!!
King Kenny!

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:40 pm

Seand,I don't get it when you say what a waste of talent finn is just because he's gone to rovers, so if he stayed on with us he would be a great talent?? He won't get a good reception which is a pity the lad won 2 lge's and the fai cup with us, if I was offered a rise at work and relocated closer to home I would jump at the chance and wouldn't give two fcuk's what people think its life we move on now and hopefully the new lads can hit the ground running.

Return to “General Discussion”