Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 24 Feb | 8pm | Oriel Pk

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Reefer
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 24 Feb | 8pm | Oriel Pk

Postby Reefer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:49 am

We got and sold 600 in the end, we'll have more up at the gate trying to get into anywhere in the ground.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:58 am

You won't be let in. Twot!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:09 am

Reefer wrote:Morning Chappies, we'll have up to 700 in Oriel tonight and i expect us to win or draw. It's going to be the biggest away crowd seen in years and hopefully all goes well off the plastic pitch. I hear there's rain on the way but so what you've upgraded the away end out of that billions you got for Europe...NOT, singing in the rain it is so, kip.

It's the home of the Champions, that is what matters.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V Shamrock Rovers | Fri 24 Feb | 8pm | Oriel Pk

Postby Sneachta » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 am

Reefer wrote:We got and sold 600 in the end, we'll have more up at the gate trying to get into anywhere in the ground.

In saying that ye will probably only have the same loyal 600 supporters waving those fairy lights on our next visit to tallaght. Enjoy the trip north. Make sure to bring plenty of tissue for the nose bleeds

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:27 am

Team News and Preview from Rovers website
Shamrock Rovers kick off the 2017 league with an away trip to face the Champions, Dundalk, in Oriel Park on the opening day of the 2017 campaign. This one kicks off at 8pm and the game will also be broadcast live on eir Sport.

Shamrock Rovers’ will be coming into this game in high spirits after enjoying a good pre-season which involved a pre-season camp in Spain which brought the squad together and, in the one match played over the 5 day camp, the Hoops had a 1-0 win against Gwanju FC from the Korean K League.

Last campaign, the sides met a total of three times. Dundalk got the better of Rovers early on in the campaign as the away side came away with a 2-0 win at Tallaght Stadium. The next meeting then wasn’t until later on in the season as the sides contested at Oriel Park, this one ended 1-1. Gary Shaw (32’) put the Hoops ahead but then Shaw’s goal was cancelled out by a Gartland header later on (58’). The last meeting the two clubs had was on Friday 14th, of October. This was one to forget for Hoops as they lost the game 3-0.

Team news:

For the opening day of 2017, Shamrock Rovers enjoy a clean bill of health. All squad players trained today and are fit and ready to play tomorrow.

bradley-1Stephen Bradley; “Getting a win is massively important for us.”

Rovers head coach Stephen Bradley chatted to www.shamrockrovers.ie ahead of tomorrow’s opening day fixture with Dundalk. He spoke about the large crowd that will be following the Hoops up to Louth and also mentioned how important a win will be for Rovers.

“I’m not surprised tickets sold out so quick,” Bradley began with, “I’ve always said the fans are excellent no matter where you go and tomorrow will be no different. Especially when you play away games you always get a good Rovers crowd and a big turnout of home fans too.”

Bradley on getting a win;

“We have to put in a good performance on the pitch for the fans and there are still some places up for grabs which is good.

The competition within the squad is excellent and that is really what you want at Rovers. We’re a different side to what we were the last time we played Dundalk in Oriel Park, we’re going up there looking to get the win.”

“We know it’ll be a tough game as they are the champions and they are at home, but we want to win this game. A win will be massively important to us and will help us gauge where we are in comparison to Dundalk.”

“Our two signings from last week, Graham [Burke] and Sam [Bone] have fit into the squad nicely, they have added to the competition in the squad. We’ve seen little bit of what Graham can offer to us the other day against Cliftonville, he has the makings of a very good player.

He’s really skillful, can play with both feet which make him very dangerous, and he is still a young player so the future is bright for him.”

Shamrock Rovers will enjoy a healthy away crowd in Dundalk as the club has sold out the full allocation of 570 tickets for the away end.

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/lates ... k-24-02-17
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

James09
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby James09 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Will the Lilywhite lounge be open before the game tonight?
▒▓██ D █ U █ N █ D █ A █ L █ K █ F █ C ██▓▒

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:16 pm

James09 wrote:Will the Lilywhite lounge be open before the game tonight?

The Lilywhite Lounge will open – for home supporters only – at 6pm and will be running a pre-match promotion. All pints and longneck bottles are only €3.50 until kick-off.

Jaycee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Jaycee » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:18 pm

Good Luck lads. Hope you have another magnificent season.

turnipsky
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby turnipsky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:31 pm

hopefully we can do the business tonight..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

turnipsky
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby turnipsky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:15 pm

worrying so far.. not very cohesive.. rovers comfortable in midfield

turnipsky
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby turnipsky » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:11 pm

playing well now.. took our chances so far when they came.. if I was rovers I'd take finn on...hopefully we can get another one and totally kill it off

Adam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Adam » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:15 pm

Kilduff is looking sharper, leaner, and faster.

Well done to the man.
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 pm

Adam wrote:Kilduff is looking sharper, leaner, and faster.

Well done to the man.

Thought he was absolutely dreadful. Granted he nodded one in from 6 inches so he will get the plaudits and another few games, but we are virtually playing with ten men when he is on the field. He doesn't run the channels, he doesn't get in behind, he doesn't drop in and link up play, he doesn't win enough headers, he doesn't hold up the ball...

I would give us about 6/10 for overall performance, which was more than enough against a terrible, ill-disciplined Rovers.
Duffy and McEleney were superb, and I thought Clifford did well after a nervy start. Not convinced by the Barrett/Gartland partnership, it looked nervy under very little threat from 18 year old strikers.
Crowd of 4700 was also very positive.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:56 pm

Adam wrote:Kilduff is looking sharper, leaner, and faster.

Well done to the man.

Looked the part tonight, a big improvement over last season.

marvin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby marvin » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:22 pm

Eir coverage highlighted Mcallisters cowardly stamp upon ODonnell...the act of a coward. Does the LOI have any mechanism to deal with matters which are missed by officials, yet spotted by tv ?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “General Discussion”