Dundalk v Limerick.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk v Limerick.

Postby Kezz » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:45 am

oldfogey wrote:
trevcelt wrote:think Limerick will cause a lot of teams problems this year,so this could turn out to be a great three points for us

Certainly better than Rovers and very close to Cork. First time I've seen a domestic side able to keep the ball for any length of time. You could tell which of our players hadn't experienced European football last year and they were chasing around using up energy while the others just soaked up the pressure.

Limerick have a long way to go before they are considered close to the top two teams in the league. What an over the top comment.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:54 pm

oldfogey wrote:Certainly better than Rovers and very close to Cork. First time I've seen a domestic side able to keep the ball for any length of time.

They just don't have a cutting edge. Neither do Rovers.

Cork have it, which is why they will be our main competition for the title.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:09 pm

White Horse wrote:
oldfogey wrote:Certainly better than Rovers and very close to Cork. First time I've seen a domestic side able to keep the ball for any length of time.

They just don't have a cutting edge. Neither do Rovers.

Cork have it, which is why they will be our main competition for the title.

Agreed, up front was the difference last night. Fitness and conditioning wise they are right up there, more so than Rovers. Russell has always been a good manager waiting for a chance to work with decent players. They can only get better.

Elsewhere the Cork lineup was interesting. For all their signings, I thought it was quite telling that Maguire was sent out with his hamstring strapped up 2 weeks ahead of the first pivotal clash of the season. If he didn't trust the others against Drogheda, will he trust them against Sligo 48 hours later?

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:23 pm

oldfogey wrote:Elsewhere the Cork lineup was interesting. For all their signings, I thought it was quite telling that Maguire was sent out with his hamstring strapped up 2 weeks ahead of the first pivotal clash of the season. If he didn't trust the others against Drogheda, will he trust them against Sligo 48 hours later?

Margins between Cork and Dundalk are very tight. We took a gamble playing O'Donnell against Rovers and now he is out for a few weeks.

Cork seem to have gambled by playing Maguire as he is by far their most attacking threat. He is one the one who usually gets the crucial first goal.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Perth full of praise for 'Ronnie O'Sullivan-esque' McEleney

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spor ... leney.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Return to “General Discussion”