Dundalk v Limerick.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

john mc garrity
Reserves
Reserves

Dundalk v Limerick.

Postby john mc garrity » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:02 pm

I see Rugby match on Fri. night v Wales , that's a first , and Derry on Mon. night.

shedster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk v Limerick.

Postby shedster » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:07 am

Really looking forward to Friday. Who cares about egg chasers. I can see a good crowd following our opening couple of results. Interesting to see how the team shapes up. A lot of competition for places depending on how our injury list is come the end of the week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:42 am

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/68 ... ers-wrong/

Kenny is hoping for another bumper crowd as they face Limerick on Friday when he will again have a weakened squad due to injury.

But he is confident they will be near full-strength for the March 18 meeting with St Pat’s.

David McMillan, Stephen O’Donnell, Gary Rogers, Chris Shields, Dane Massey and Seán Hoare are all out injured at the moment.

But all bar Hoare, who is a fortnight away from full fitness, will be back next week.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:14 pm

I take all injury news with a pinch of salt. Rarely is the full picture revealed publically
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:15 pm

I take all injury news with a pinch of salt. Rarely is the full picture revealed publically.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:15 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/680754/stephen-kenny-reveals-dundalk-are-focused-on-proving-all-of-the-doubters-wrong/

Kenny is hoping for another bumper crowd as they face Limerick on Friday when he will again have a weakened squad due to injury.

But he is confident they will be near full-strength for the March 18 meeting with St Pat’s.

David McMillan, Stephen O’Donnell, Gary Rogers, Chris Shields, Dane Massey and Seán Hoare are all out injured at the moment.

But all bar Hoare, who is a fortnight away from full fitness, will be back next week.

That's disappointing about Hoare if true, was hoping we'd see him on Friday and he would get some game time over the next 3 games.

I would not be comfortable going to Cork with that current CB partnership!

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:40 pm

john mc garrity wrote:I see Rugby match on Fri. night v Wales , that's a first , and Derry on Mon. night.

I'll be recording the rugby and hope that I don't hear the result.
The Back of the Wall

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:54 pm

It is not clear about Chris Shields and David McMillan - but presumably they are not yet fit enough to be considered?

Skip, Massey and Rogers are all welcome additions to the squad, and if fully fit all 3 are likely to start

Team news

Gary Rogers is back in contention after recovering from a calf injury which has kept him out for the past four weeks while Stephen O’Donnell (thigh) and Dane Massey (calf) return to the squad having missed last weekend’s victory over Sligo Rovers. Chris Shields and David McMillan have resumed training after their osteos pubis and kneecap injuries respectively which kept them out of all pre-season. Seán Hoare remains out due to a groin injury and Shane Grimes is a long term absentee with a hamstring problem.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-limerick/

lazarus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lazarus » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Referee Appointment

Oriel Park, 7.45pm
Referee: Robert Harvey
Assistant 1: Mark Gavin
Assistant 2: Darragh Keegan
Fourth Official: Ray Matthews

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Limerick are missing Shane Tracy, John O Flynn and Dave O Connor according to the Indo

trevcelt
Reserves
Reserves

Postby trevcelt » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:29 pm

what a strike from fhats

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:38 am

Thought Limerick bossed us a bit in first half, they played some decent stuff, maybe a little light up front but they gave us a very tough match. We were ok, some strike by the league player of the month McEleney but overall the team performance was not want we would have expected. Missing key MF men was the difference tonight and Limerick tried to exploit that.

Overall, very happy to get the 3 points.

trevcelt
Reserves
Reserves

Postby trevcelt » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:11 am

think Limerick will cause a lot of teams problems this year,so this could turn out to be a great three points for us

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:39 am

A very well organised Limerick side which caused us to lose our shape as the game went on. A wonder strike from Mc Eleney, surely a contender for goal of the season.

I thought our midfield tired during the second half, Benson looked recked & Clifford was lost but again a lot of this was down to Limerick pressing us. Certainly missed the grip which O' Donnell or a fully fit Shields could give. Barrett deserves a mention, thought he played well & covered for Gartland who didn't have one of his better games. 3 points in the bag after a hard fought win.

We move on, Monday looks like a game not to be missed with Derry like ourselves having a good start to the campaign.

C'MON THE TOWN:

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:43 am

trevcelt wrote:think Limerick will cause a lot of teams problems this year,so this could turn out to be a great three points for us

Certainly better than Rovers and very close to Cork. First time I've seen a domestic side able to keep the ball for any length of time. You could tell which of our players hadn't experienced European football last year and they were chasing around using up energy while the others just soaked up the pressure.

Return to “General Discussion”