Cork City V Dundalk | Sat 25 Mar | 3pm | Turner's Cross

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Sat 25 Mar | 3pm | Turner's Cross

Postby Kezz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 am

Last edited by Kezz on Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kezz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:29 am

El Paso wrote:I'd agree with that. I was more worried before the game than after. At 2-0 Cork really could have pushed on and laid down a marker. Instead they threatened to bottle it and saw the game out by hoofing it and hoping we'd make another mistake. The smell of fear when we got one back was all around the ground. We know we can get better. If I was them I'd want people to think they can be much better, because by full time they didn't look like heirs to our throne.

Your delusion is a sight to see. You constantly refer to our "hoofing" so we can deal with that little myth. Case in point.

Go to the 18th minute of the game on the RTE player. This is a full 3 minutes before we score our first goal. Count how many times either side kicked long balls into the opposition's half, and then come back with the results. Somehow i doubt you will, as you will not tell us about the constant longballs delivered by Gartland.

Also it was mentioned back along about our first being a longball to Seanie to run onto. Take a good look at the lead up to that goal and you will see the ball never left the grass. It was a perfect smooth counter attacking strike.

Look forward to your response.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/sse-ai ... /10704602/

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:07 am

I`m not getting into arguments here, and this will be my final post on the Cork game, but there seems to be an almost obsession amongst Cork fans for greater acceptance by the Irish football community, and more so that they should be commended on their style of football. There are many examples of this, most notably the outburst from McNulty in Soho bar when they finally won a trophy. A good team can win a cup, but great teams win leagues, also the constant reminding that Cork won the same amount of games in Europe last season as us is tiresome. They beat a lower ranked side in Linfield who had just started pre season, and didn’t have to leave the Island either obviously, then won one more, a decent win, but the standard cannot be compared to be on par with competing in the Europa League. Cork are a decent side and their record v us over the past two seasons is impressive, but they need to win one league title before they can expect additional plaudits, and I really don’t see the point in their fans seeking this out in March.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Mike they are late in seeking it out this year.. it started in February last year when they won the preseason friendly!! Cork are a quality side who have put it up to us this past 3 seasons but ultimately weren't good enough.. Any team can win an FAI Cup. It is a lottery. Good teams win a league title, great teams retain it while outstanding teams win 3 league titles in a row. So kezz etc al you have a quality side but let's all do our talking the end of October.. and then come back to us again in October 2019!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Kezz wrote:
El Paso wrote:At 2-0 Cork really could have pushed on and laid down a marker. Instead they threatened to bottle it and saw the game out by hoofing it and hoping we'd make another mistake.

Go to the 18th minute of the game on the RTE player. This is a full 3 minutes before we score our first goal...

Here's my response Kezz:

Three times you've responded to something I've written. Three times you've demonstrated that you can't read, don't understand the points being made, and appear to have enough chips on your shoulders to supply Lennox's for a month.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kezz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:34 pm

El Paso wrote:
Kezz wrote:
El Paso wrote:At 2-0 Cork really could have pushed on and laid down a marker. Instead they threatened to bottle it and saw the game out by hoofing it and hoping we'd make another mistake.

Go to the 18th minute of the game on the RTE player. This is a full 3 minutes before we score our first goal...

Here's my response Kezz:

Three times you've responded to something I've written. Three times you've demonstrated that you can't read, don't understand the points being made, and appear to have enough chips on your shoulders to supply Lennox's for a month.

You are a hard case, EP.

Serious deflection going on here(Expected). Anyways, when you get the chance, have a sneaky peak at the timeframe i posted above about the RTE Player footage of the game. The myth in your head about playing football the right way might just take a little dip.

I'm still laughing here.

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kezz » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 pm

mike wrote:I`m not getting into arguments here, and this will be my final post on the Cork game, but there seems to be an almost obsession amongst Cork fans for greater acceptance by the Irish football community, and more so that they should be commended on their style of football. There are many examples of this, most notably the outburst from McNulty in Soho bar when they finally won a trophy. A good team can win a cup, but great teams win leagues, also the constant reminding that Cork won the same amount of games in Europe last season as us is tiresome. They beat a lower ranked side in Linfield who had just started pre season, and didn’t have to leave the Island either obviously, then won one more, a decent win, but the standard cannot be compared to be on par with competing in the Europa League. Cork are a decent side and their record v us over the past two seasons is impressive, but they need to win one league title before they can expect additional plaudits, and I really don’t see the point in their fans seeking this out in March.

I'm not looking for "acceptance" from anyone. Why should City fans, or fans of any club care what others think of them? I travel the country and get on very well with supporters of all clubs, including yours. I was in Orield for your 2-1 victory over us and i stayed the night above and enjoyed it very much. I even had a couple of pints with a Dundalk fan before the game last Saturday. I know, i know, it seems weird but he accepted me.

Also i am very happy with our style of football. We play a lot of good stuff on the ground, but there are times when we go long. We can mix it and i'm happy with that, as the results in recent years have been excellent. We are always building and strenghtening our squad. We have been playing catch up to an absolutely outstanding Dundalk side in recent times and with your couple of losses and our quality additions, i think we might just levelled off with you this season.

It's very early days and despite the bit of banter, we are all aware of this.

Niall N
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Niall N » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Handsome Prince wrote: As l have said before, l have been following Dundalk for many years and spent many years in the Dressing Room listening to players and managers - but l have to be honest. Kilduff is the worst player l have seen pulling on that white jersey.

Not defending Kilduff's performance on Saturday in any way, but you mustn't have witnessed Barry Conlon togging out for the club back in the glorious year that was 2012.

Kartoffel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kartoffel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:29 pm

El Paso wrote:
Kezz wrote:

Here's my response Kezz:

Is that jackie lennox's or the mockieyah lennox's over in ballyphehane?

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:10 am

Kartoffel wrote:
El Paso wrote:
Kezz wrote:

Here's my response Kezz:

Is that jackie lennox's or the mockieyah lennox's over in ballyphehane?

I love chips.

francie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby francie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:49 am

Theres a mockieah Lennoxs in Anglesea street too

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby el-pietro » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:23 pm

francie wrote:Theres a mockieah Lennoxs in Anglesea street too

Nope. Not for years. Used be one on McCurtain street too.

Return to “General Discussion”