Cork City V Dundalk | Sat 25 Mar | 3pm | Turner's Cross

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Sat 25 Mar | 3pm | Turner's Cross

Postby paul1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Kennys blindness coming back to haunt us again,we have a useless goalkeeper and striker both players a total waste of space but nothing new there this problem is going on months and he has refused to address it , although here your not allowed to discuss king Kenny faults ... Cork totally deserve their lead and are playing like future league champions, we are a total shambles.

midfield8
Reserves
Reserves

Postby midfield8 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Headless chickens comes to mind, No leader on the pitch, for me Andy boyle will be the biggest loss to this team and hes the one we needed to replace, with who .....i dont know. We should be able to beat the weaker side with a bit of skill but without organisation on the pitch the corks and derrys of this league will tear us apart.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:29 pm

Is it just me or is that pitch khack? Neither team able to pass. Ball bobbling all over the shop!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:24 pm

That's the worst I've seen us play in a long time. We are so weak at the back it's untrue. Rogers still looks very shaky and Gartland and Barrett is simply not working. Garts is missing Boyle something serious and Barret thinks he's Franz Beckenbauer. In fairness to Cork, they stifled our midfield, especially McEleney but their goals came from our mistakes.
I really hope that's the last we see of Kilduff this season, he is simply shocking, he can't win a ball in the air and can't hold up a ball at his feet. A half fit McMillian is twice the player Kilduff is.
Anyway still early days, remember Cork bet us twice last season and we still won the league.
King Kenny!

punkha
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby punkha » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:48 pm

Can we register Steve Williams?even at his age he'd be better than the two liabilities we have.
Seriously though everybody knew last season we had 3 weak areas,goals,right midfield & up front. We strengthened none.
Why is Mountney taking corners? He simply can't deliver a decent ball. Better have his physical presence in the box.
Less said about Kilduff the better. Hard to believe we basically got rid of Maguire over him. The difference between what both bring is staggering.
Any idea what the story is with Jamie McGrath? Played very well v Limerick but hardly got a kick since. Surely a better option to replace Clifford than Stewart.
Only plus is that despite everything its still very early in the season and a fully fit McMillan &O'Donnell will improve things.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:52 pm

We played that game at walking pace. At some point we have to realise that Cork always up their game against us and we have to do likewise. They shit the bed repeatedly hoofing it out of play in the second half and we had no ideas with all the ball. In fairness Kenny said it would take a while to gel, but I'd expect the first 11 to look different by series 2. We're playing catch up, which is new for us and them.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:03 pm

O'Donnell was missing for over 6month's at one stage and we still won the league, he's 32 now and injury prone if we are relying on just one leader we are in trouble,the team that started today is as strong as we'll have except for Kilduff who am not allowed to be critical of on here but normal service has resumed in that department.

boixos nois
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby boixos nois » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:16 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
boixos nois wrote:I can't see anything other than an easy win for cork I'm afraid. We've laboured in a few of our games this season and only showed real quality against poor Sligo and pats teams. Cork are very a settled outfit and are a good bit ahead of us in terms of development. That of course is to be expected with our personnel losses. 2 0 win for cork for me unfortunately

Either team could win on the day.

The fact that you can only see one outcome indicates one of the following possibilities:

a) your confidence in SK and his 3-in-row squad has faded
b) your orielweb account has been hacked
c) you have increased your dosage in error

The game went pretty much as I expected, apart from Cork shitting themselves for the last 10 mins. I thought they'd push on for the third when we had 3 strikers in the field and a makeshift midfield. That's shows a questionable character that might come back to haunt them later in the season and something that O'Donnell could have exploited if he was playing today.
I agree the pitch seemed to play terrible but that's no excuse for our woeful passing game. I hope this improves over time as the players gel. Our defenders seemed to fall over Benny Hill style for their goals. I reckon the danish guy should get a run over Massey.
Still early days yet . We have a relatively easy run of games now but we must make it count. As I said Corks character seemed brittle when the pressure came on, just like it has over the last 3 seasons. So I still think we are in with a big shout for 4 in a row

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:18 pm

Spiderman wrote: except for Kilduff who am not allowed to be critical of on here but normal service has resumed in that department.

You will hardly see many comments in support of Kilduff after his pathetic showing today - although he was not the only player who was poor today, the crucial difference here is that this has become the norm for him.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:51 pm

How long until SK starts tinkering with the centre half pairing? If Hoare & Vemmuland do well together in a cup game they could conceivably find themselves as the preferred pairing.

Kilduff will be lucky to start another league game this season.

This is a team in transition, patience will be required.

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Maguire is an example of a top striker his movement touch pace and finishing is excellent, now in saying that he wasn't playing like that when he was with us he's obviously worked hard on his game and fair dues to the lad he's good but we don't have that, the tables have turned and I don't think we'll win the league because we can't beat the Derrys and Corks on that performance.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm

Hard to pick a decent performer out of that. First half was a shambles.

I see the knives are out for Rogers again. Guess I'm the only one who thought the second was Masseys fault. It was his ball to deal with, he hesitated which forced Rogers to come for a ball he was never going to get. Every player could be criticised after that performance

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 pm

I have to agree about Massey for the 2nd goal, he let Sheppard turn him far too easy, one of Dane's poorer performance for us.
King Kenny!

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:17 pm

magarnagle wrote:Hard to pick a decent performer out of that. First half was a shambles.

I see the knives are out for Rogers again. Guess I'm the only one who thought the second was Masseys fault. It was his ball to deal with, he hesitated which forced Rogers to come for a ball he was never going to get. Every player could be criticised after that performance

I thought it was mostly Massey's fault too. However, Rogers could have conceded a goal in the first minute with a delayed clearance.

The game changer was losing Benson. He started very brightly and I thought that we would comfortably win the midfield battle with him on the pitch.

Once he went off, Cork took hold of midfield and we gave away easy possession that allowed them to expose our back four.

However, they only won by one goal in a game where we had a lot of injury problems and were denied a clear penalty.

People are very disappointed this evening but we will get better. There is a long way to go yet.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:44 pm

Tough one today but mistakes keep killing us. I thought Shields was poor trying to round his man near their box, that led to the first goal. Thought Massey totally at fault for second, his job to track his man and deal with the ball in, Rogers looked out of place but def Massey to blame.

It def looked a pen first half, but overall Kilduff was poor, he is just not a threat.

We lifted our performance in the second half, especially first 10 mins, but we didn't do enough on the day, and thats just that.

Cork definitely favourites now, but 7 months of games left. Disappointing day but keep the faith folks.

Return to “General Discussion”