Fri 14/04 - Bray Wanderers

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Fri 14/04 - Bray Wanderers

Postby mike » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Anyone who is taking kids to this one, good tip, only so many concession tickets are available for the stand for home games, and usually all gone on match day.

I had to spend €15 on one for the young fella at the last home game, but they are available for €5 in the week of the match, (only a limited amount go on sale) so either call the office or ring them if you want reduced price on a stand juvenile ticket.

Bray are hot and cold all season, very decent one week, then average, think they are into a good stride now though, so its going to be a tough enough challenge..........especially at HT, hope everyone likes tea/coffee!!

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Fri 14/04 - Bray Wanderers

Postby dell » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:33 pm

This is a real banana skin game. Bray while inconsistant are a good side and well capable of beating anyone if they are in the mood. I dont know what to make of the way they are spalshing the cash with very modest home crowds considering how they play and that they are well in the hunt for a European slot. To state the obvious it is must win with Cork not looking like dropping points anytime soon. 6 points and we can haul them in having to play them twice and while they will drop points we need to be pulling out the results to ensure that the gap is no more than 6 points when we meet again. Hopefully O'Donnell will see some game time. Vemellund is deputising well at right full and Gannon could be doing well to be first choice right full when he gets back from injury. It will be good to see Hoare in too as he offers a bit more pace at centre half which would compliment Garts strength in the air. Hopefully we will get a more complete performance and less preseason like with sharper passing and moving the ball that bit quicker - and a win of course. 3-1 but Bray to score first and then we go at them is my prediction :p

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:42 pm

I'd take 1-0

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:45 am

I'm looking forward to seeing Hoare play a full 90 if he retains his place, he should do, but you never know with SK on selections. Heard both he and Vemmelund were solid in Donegal.

I'd take any win, we just need to keep the momentum going and try and get as many wins as possible this month, but one game at a time though, and we will have to be fully focused on Friday.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:20 pm

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing how the back 4 perform if NV SH BG DM line up across the back. As commented on the other Finn Harps match thread Sean Hoare looks to have the pace that the centre backs are possibly lacking against fast direct strikers. Paddy Barrett is a good solid CB, still prone to an odd mad moment but he's a bit too much like Gartland at the back. It might work better if he is competing with gartland for that CB spot instead with Hoare beside one of them to add a bit of pace.

What was up with paddy in Donegal? What was the injury?

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:28 pm

I'll be interested to see this new defence. We've a poor record against Bray recently, and they're fairly unpredictable so it could be a tough one.

6 wins out of 8 so far with all the changes going on in the squad is pretty good going. Hopefully we can keep in touch with the langers for the time being..... then reel 'em in!

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Bray are quite attacking and are a bit of a bogey team for us recently. Still taking 1-0

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:33 pm

mike wrote:Anyone who is taking kids to this one, good tip, only so many concession tickets are available for the stand for home games, and usually all gone on match day.

I had to spend €15 on one for the young fella at the last home game, but they are available for €5 in the week of the match, (only a limited amount go on sale) so either call the office or ring them if you want reduced price on a stand juvenile ticket.
!!

I was in this afternoon (Thursday) and got a juvenile ticket for the stand, got the impression that there wasn't a big rush on tickets just yet!
King Kenny!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:42 pm

Website team news
Team news

Dundalk will be without Robbie Benson and Seán Gannon who are ruled out for 2 months each with hamstring and knee injuries respectively. They are joined by Shane Grimes who is out long term with a hamstring injury also. In better news Stephen O’Donnell played his first minutes since the opening night of the season last week as he was introduced as a late substitute against Harps and Patrick McEleney was included in the squad although was an unused substitute. Seán Hoare made his full debut for the club last week and showed no ill effects and Paddy Barrett is back in contention after missing the last two games.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-bray-wanderers-2/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Likely starting line-up (assuming that O'Donnell is not yet deemed match fit)?

------------------------Rogers-----------------------
Vemmuland------Gartland--------Hoare------Massey
-----------------Shields-------Clifford----------------
McGrath--------------McEleney---------------Duffy
------------------------McMillan-----------------------
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:08 am

Barrett and Mountney could be back in? 3-2 Dundalk. Foran with a last minute o.g. to give us the 3 points

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:32 am

We're in that place now where we can't afford slip ups and are looking around to see where Cork drop points. They have trips to Pats and Bohs coming up and also Bray at home. They could drop points in all three matches, or the other goalkeepers could keep handing them the ball to tap in.

Tonight's match for us is one of those where we could really be made to sweat. I'm not as confident of beating them as I'd like to be. The team is starting to take shape but I'm not sure the gaps at the back have been plugged. I kind of expect Kenny to settle on this 11 sooner or later with Gannon and Benson out long term. It needs O'Donnell, as much as I like Shields, to control everything and hold the shape and tempo.

Rogers
Vemmelund
Gartland
Hoare
Massey
O'Donnell
Duffy
Clifford
McGrath
McEleney
McMillan
Last edited by El Paso on Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:36 am

Conor Kenna is suspended, Brays centre half partnership of Foran and Clancy can be got at.

Might be quiet in the shed tonight with no bars open.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:50 am

El Paso wrote:We're in that place now where we can't afford slip ups and are looking around to see where Cork drop points.

While some supporters may choose to do this (and obviously everyone looks out for results of rivals), the squad and management should only be focused on their own results. The reality is that the outcome of the league is entirely in our own hands.

I would prefer that we are less than 6 points behind Cork when we meet again in Oriel in early June, but I'd be perfectly content if beating Cork that night put us 3 points off the top.

3 points tonight along with another step forward in team performance would be helpful

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
El Paso wrote:We're in that place now where we can't afford slip ups and are looking around to see where Cork drop points.

While some supporters may choose to do this (and obviously everyone looks out for results of rivals), the squad and management should only be focused on their own results. The reality is that the outcome of the league is entirely in our own hands.

I would prefer that we are less than 6 points behind Cork when we meet again in Oriel in early June, but I'd be perfectly content if beating Cork that night put us 3 points off the top.

3 points tonight along with another step forward in team performance would be helpful

If our management and players are able to focus on each match outside the wider context of League position and other match results I'd be absolutely delighted.

But they'd be an exception to the rule if they do. Most teams teams are conscious of League position when they play and the impact of individual results on both them and rivals. That's just reality.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

Return to “General Discussion”