Kenny's comments

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby el-pietro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:34 pm

The Dundalksport guy comes across as a sycophant. Hes clearly not an actual real life journalist. Way too much of a fan. Some of his interviews are shocking. Try and listen to them as a neutral. I suppose they are geared mostly towards Dundalk fans so its fine. Hes up there with Noel Spillane for inane questions.

Dell, I actually think the opposite. He says something small, and Kenny takes it further. Small response, Kenny gets more and more frustrated. The media while not actually looking at the content of Kennys statements are talking way more about him than JC. Pressure is off us right now which is great considering how well we are going in the league. Having everyone talk about this rather than putting pressure on us for this historic start works really really well. If the media wasn't so focused on this they might be talking about how long can we go? Can we win 11, can we win 15?. That or they'd talk about Shamrock Rovers some more.

I'm constantly surprised at how much attention opposition fans pay to JC on the sideline. I've never once noticed him, or any other manager. There is football happening!

Actually that's not true, a few weeks back JC trapped a ball coming in high to him. I was very impressed. He's still very talented.



dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby dell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:31 pm

el-pietro wrote:The Dundalksport guy comes across as a sycophant. Hes clearly not an actual real life journalist. Way too much of a fan. Some of his interviews are shocking. Try and listen to them as a neutral. I suppose they are geared mostly towards Dundalk fans so its fine. Hes up there with Noel Spillane for inane questions.

Dell, I actually think the opposite. He says something small, and Kenny takes it further. Small response, Kenny gets more and more frustrated. The media while not actually looking at the content of Kennys statements are talking way more about him than JC. Pressure is off us right now which is great considering how well we are going in the league. Having everyone talk about this rather than putting pressure on us for this historic start works really really well. If the media wasn't so focused on this they might be talking about how long can we go? Can we win 11, can we win 15?. That or they'd talk about Shamrock Rovers some more.

I'm constantly surprised at how much attention opposition fans pay to JC on the sideline. I've never once noticed him, or any other manager. There is football happening!

Actually that's not true, a few weeks back JC trapped a ball coming in high to him. I was very impressed. He's still very talented.


RTE and a good few other press publications would disagree EP. As for JC on the sideline - he cannot be missed especially if in the stand in Oriel and is nearly in the way.

User avatar
Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby Kezz » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 pm

El Paso wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Kezz wrote:

So what you are saying is that if a manager(Stephen Kenny) makes comments about our club and players regarding cheating(that is what he has done) then any response to defend ourselves will be called a "personal attack"?

Remember this is not about the two penalty decisions from the Bray game, so don't be trying to camoflage the issue here.

Personally i'd have SK up in court for defamation if i was Caulfield. A Judge would take all of one minute to see who the instigator is on this. Some of you would want to take a long hard look at yourselves.


Kezz - there is certainly no point in having a debate with you about this.

Have another look at your reply to me - your interpretation of what I posted is wildly bizarre


Kezz having imaginary conversations again? Who'd've thunk it?



I have you so rattled I'd say Stephen will mention it in his next rant.

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby el-pietro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Just heard Kennys comments in his interview with the Dundalk Sport guy. Shocking interview - sensationalism from the "journalist". He misquoted JC and makes it sound bigger than it was. Then he takes Kennys comments and blows them up to be bigger than they were.

Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1309
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 10:47 am
Location: DUNDALK
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby Mick Mac » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:37 pm

el-pietro wrote:Just heard Kennys comments in his interview with the Dundalk Sport guy. Shocking interview - sensationalism from the "journalist". He misquoted JC and makes it sound bigger than it was. Then he takes Kennys comments and blows them up to be bigger than they were.


Get a life mate tbh
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:15 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby el-pietro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:50 pm

No wonder this place is so quiet

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1268
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby El Paso » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 pm

Kezz wrote:
El Paso wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Kezz - there is certainly no point in having a debate with you about this.

Have another look at your reply to me - your interpretation of what I posted is wildly bizarre


Kezz having imaginary conversations again? Who'd've thunk it?



I have you so rattled I'd say Stephen will mention it in his next rant.


That rattle you're hearing is your eyes swiveling in your head
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

User avatar
Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1829
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:57 pm
Has thanked: 87 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby Johnny Guitar » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:44 pm

el-pietro wrote:No wonder this place is so quiet


Just enjoying you making a prat of yourself ;)
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests