Kenny's comments

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Kezz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Kenny's comments

Postby Kezz » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
el-pietro wrote:Ah lads, has he no sense? This is hilarious, hes lost the plot altogether!

Caulfield has a habit of making nonsensical statements and getting involved in things that are not his affair

Calling on the FAI to take action against SK for "astonishing attack on the referees and the assistant referee" is such a nonsense.

I can understand why SK sees it as a personal attack and is upping the ante

So what you are saying is that if a manager(Stephen Kenny) makes comments about our club and players regarding cheating(that is what he has done) then any response to defend ourselves will be called a "personal attack"?

Remember this is not about the two penalty decisions from the Bray game, so don't be trying to camoflage the issue here.

Personally i'd have SK up in court for defamation if i was Caulfield. A Judge would take all of one minute to see who the instigator is on this. Some of you would want to take a long hard look at yourselves.
Last edited by Kezz on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

grayzer
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby grayzer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:37 pm

Kezz wrote: ........see who the instigator is on this. Some of you would want to take a long hard look at yourselves.

I just did - and by God I look fcuking fantastic!
In Kenny we trust.

The Undertaker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The Undertaker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Em Caulfield has on numerous occasions called our players cheats...but that's ok because JC can do no wrong.
There ain't no grave can hold my body down.

The Undertaker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The Undertaker » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:45 pm

Fond of giving out about referees himself is our John

http://www.redfm.ie/news/sport/audio-jo ... o-dundalk/

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/07 ... decisions/

http://www.newstalk.com/John-Caulfield- ... to-Dundalk

https://www.fm104.ie/sport/caulfield-sa ... alk-clash/

That last link is interesting...he incidentally accuses us of something similar to what yous are complaining about Kenny..
There ain't no grave can hold my body down.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:20 pm

el-pietro wrote:Ah lads, has he no sense? This is hilarious, hes lost the plot altogether!

Really? You think he's lost the plot?

I hope Caulfield and the rest of the squad think the same as that is exactly what Kenny wants. Instead of JC being smart and not commenting on the situation he has got reeled in. Who do you think has the cooler head and is more shrewd? I know who my money is on

Kartoffel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Kartoffel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:31 pm

magarnagle wrote:

I hope Caulfield and the rest of the squad think the same as that is exactly what Kenny wants. Instead of JC being smart and not commenting on the situation he has got reeled in. Who do you think has the cooler head and is more shrewd? I know who my money is on

Yip, completely lost the plot. JC brushed off the question by saying he found it an astonishing (rather than focusing on the accusations aimed at himself and his team) and that he assumed the authorities would deal with it. He then cracked a joke about crisp packets to lighten the mood and show how silly the attempts at mind games are, before moving on.

Kenny has tried to imply that there is some personal attack where there isnt one, bumy launching a 2nd attack on jc's integrity. He'd be better off spending his energy on the training ground with his pourous defence, or scouting a half decent keeper.

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby el-pietro » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:08 pm

I don't think anyone actually knows what a personal attack is. Nothing JC said could be construed as personal.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:18 pm

magarnagle wrote:

When Caulfield was a player, other players knew never was to turn their backs on him. That is when he was bravest.

Kenny has no hope of getting his support to tackle the rottiness that we witnessed on Friday.

I don't even blame Caulfield for his narrow minded reaction. Kenny was foolish to bring it up. It is not a battle he can win, McKell proved that on Friday.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Kezz wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

Caulfield has a habit of making nonsensical statements and getting involved in things that are not his affair

Calling on the FAI to take action against SK for "astonishing attack on the referees and the assistant referee" is such a nonsense.

So what you are saying is that if a manager(Stephen Kenny) makes comments about our club and players regarding cheating(that is what he has done) then any response to defend ourselves will be called a "personal attack"?

Remember this is not about the two penalty decisions from the Bray game, so don't be trying to camoflage the issue here.

Personally i'd have SK up in court for defamation if i was Caulfield. A Judge would take all of one minute to see who the instigator is on this. Some of you would want to take a long hard look at yourselves.

Kezz - there is certainly no point in having a debate with you about this.

Have another look at your reply to me - your interpretation of what I posted is wildly bizarre
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Kenny knows exactly what he's doing - he's trying to get into the heads of the officials and cause distraction in Cork. This wasn't an off the cuff admission to a tabloid hack, but a considered comment for the club website. The idea that the guy who's won three Leagues in a row and watched two end of season Oriel Park choke jobs by his main opponents has 'lost the plot' is an embarrassing one for anyone to hold. Caulfield's only smart course of action was to feign utter disinterest. He didn't take the smart course. The world and its mother knows he's an intemperate hothead. Kenny is hoping Caulfield pulls a Kevin Keegan when the pressure comes on.

However it is an admission that Kenny doesn't trust us to overhaul the deficit without yet another choke job on Leeside and he's going to keep that pot stirring. I didn't mind him commenting on the crap refereeing in principle, but all this wouldn't be my choice.
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Kezz wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

Kezz - there is certainly no point in having a debate with you about this.

Have another look at your reply to me - your interpretation of what I posted is wildly bizarre

Kezz having imaginary conversations again? Who'd've thunk it?
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

francie
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby francie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 pm

The new dundalksport.ie guy is having a ball with yere manager bringing his outlandish comments to the nation which must be fantastic for his new venture in the media and he must be rubbing his hands when feeding the great Kenny with the questions and lines to sensationalise stories. Does the greatest manager in the world realise this?

el-pietro
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby el-pietro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:48 am

El Paso wrote:KCaulfield's only smart course of action was to feign utter disinterest. He didn't take the smart course. The world and its mother knows he's an intemperate hothead. Kenny is hoping Caulfield pulls a Kevin Keegan when the pressure comes on.

I assume you only read the qutes and didn't actually hear him speak? Or hear his other comments around this interview? He was laughing and joking with the media in this interview. He left with comments around taytos as a joke response to their final question.

The media have taken those quotes and called them an attack, or "Caulfield fires back" but the actual conversation was much more relaxed then they have tried to make it seem.

You can try and spin this anyway you like, we're both probably gui8lty of that, but JC is very comfortable right now and has been handling this very well. He can't not respond when the media ask him questions, because that will only let it drag on. A quick comment that the authorities should deal with it and then a joke as he left was probably his best course of action. The one thing this definitely wasn't was a personal attack.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm

francie wrote:The new dundalksport.ie guy is having a ball with yere manager bringing his outlandish comments to the nation which must be fantastic for his new venture in the media and he must be rubbing his hands when feeding the great Kenny with the questions and lines to sensationalise stories. Does the greatest manager in the world realise this?

The new dundalksport.ie guy is the old Democrat guy who has been covering Dundalk games for years. You're naivety is hilarious, I just hope JC and his players are even half as naive as you fans, mission accomplished in that case.

P.S. thanks for Horgan

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:17 pm

el-pietro wrote:
El Paso wrote:KCaulfield's only smart course of action was to feign utter disinterest. He didn't take the smart course. The world and its mother knows he's an intemperate hothead. Kenny is hoping Caulfield pulls a Kevin Keegan when the pressure comes on.

I assume you only read the qutes and didn't actually hear him speak? Or hear his other comments around this interview? He was laughing and joking with the media in this interview. He left with comments around taytos as a joke response to their final question.

The media have taken those quotes and called them an attack, or "Caulfield fires back" but the actual conversation was much more relaxed then they have tried to make it seem.

You can try and spin this anyway you like, we're both probably gui8lty of that, but JC is very comfortable right now and has been handling this very well. He can't not respond when the media ask him questions, because that will only let it drag on. A quick comment that the authorities should deal with it and then a joke as he left was probably his best course of action. The one thing this definitely wasn't was a personal attack.

Of course he can not respond, he just says that he isnt going to give it any air time as it is beneath him. That sort of contempt from JC and it is checkmate on all of this and its over. His response as done the opposite to what you say and has dragged on. It is tiring at this stage. There is some fun in the winding up of opposition fans but not when the same things are rolled out. JC cannot really take a moral high ground as outlined in the links above where he too has had a go at influencing referees. SK is a tad ott in talking about personal attacks. JC as a man that is often in the face of the 4th official should take more care when talking about action being taken if officials are getting it from managers. When Fenlon was having a go at SK and was asked about it SK said it was nothing and refused to divulge what Fenlons issue was. We all wanted to know and still do, the media were mad to find out but it was just dropped and a savvy manager would just drop it and JC should have too. He may be jovial at a press conference but he is most likely to be ranting and raving in private. He will pass that on to players, get them wound up and riled and it will either drive Cork on or get them a few cards either way with a 9 point lead what has SK got to lose by trying every trick in the book.

Return to “General Discussion”