Dundalk FC v UCD EA Sports Cup

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Dundalk FC v UCD EA Sports Cup

Postby Spiderman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:13 am

UCD sitting 2nd in FD but I expect us to get back to winning ways tomorrow with fringe players getting an opportunity to show what they can do.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk FC v UCD EA Sports Cup

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:59 am

€10 into the stand(adult) ,all other tickets €5

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:46 pm

There seems to be little interest by the club in promoting this match, with no information on the website that I can see.

It does not feature in the fixture calendar, 'the next match' graphic lists the Bohs game and the only reference I can find is the article from 5 April reporting the draw. This gives the Easter Monday date, but no time.

According to social media posts, the kick off is 5pm
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:00 pm

The team need something resembling competative game that isnt risking league points to sharpen up and for players to get up to match fitness, mix things up a bit with maybe Hoare and Barrett starting together. Maybe an adjustment of tactics starting to become familiar to a system that during league games we can use if we need to go after a game. Also a trophy is a trophy so club and us supporters should be taking this relatively seriously as we could end up empty handed never mind 4 in a row. Fine balance I know between protecting key players for the league and puting out a strong enough team to try and shake off that pre-season sluggishness we still same to be carrying. I would have thought that a bank holiday, early evening kick off, and reduction in ticket prices should be pushed as a crowd between 1500 and 2000 wouldnt be impossible.

Bungalow
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bungalow » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:11 pm

Ezeikial wrote:There seems to be little interest by the club in promoting this match, with no information on the website that I can see.

It does not feature in the fixture calendar, 'the next match' graphic lists the Bohs game and the only reference I can find is the article from 5 April reporting the draw. This gives the Easter Monday date, but no time.

Seen it up on the club twitter page today

boixos nois
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby boixos nois » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:51 pm

Bungalow wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:There seems to be little interest by the club in promoting this match, with no information on the website that I can see.

Yep. Prices were announced to stand on Friday night as well. I found the info I was looking for in 3 minutes as it was on Facepoke yesterday and twatter today.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:14 pm

boixos nois wrote:
Bungalow wrote:

Yep. Prices were announced to stand on Friday night as well. I found the info I was looking for in 3 minutes as it was on Facepoke yesterday and twatter today.

Yep - I found it too when I searched for it.

I'm surprised that some do not see the paucity and tardiness of the website promotion as being a problem.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:52 pm

After Fridays debacle of a result. Performance was ok in pieces I would like to see the same starting XI again for the reason of playing with a lot more urgency in getting the ball to our attackers instead of trying to walk the ball into the net.

A possible change would be for Stewart in for davie mac. Clifford had a poor game but I wouldn't risk skip ahead of the bohs game.
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:31 pm

dell wrote:The team need something resembling competative game that isnt risking league points to sharpen up and for players to get up to match fitness, mix things up a bit with maybe Hoare and Barrett starting together. Maybe an adjustment of tactics starting to become familiar to a system that during league games we can use if we need to go after a game. Also a trophy is a trophy so club and us supporters should be taking this relatively seriously as we could end up empty handed never mind 4 in a row. Fine balance I know between protecting key players for the league and puting out a strong enough team to try and shake off that pre-season sluggishness we still same to be carrying. I would have thought that a bank holiday, early evening kick off, and reduction in ticket prices should be pushed as a crowd between 1500 and 2000 wouldnt be impossible.

With another home game on Friday, I think we'll be lucky to break 1000.

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:54 pm

--------Sava-------
Dalton
Barrett
Hoare
Calton
Mountney
Clifford
O donnell
Kinsella
Stewart
Kilduff

Down 1 0 at ht.

Just not good enough so far
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Sounds desperate

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:22 pm

A penalty for Dundalk..... Who takes it????? Give me a bucket!!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:55 pm

The most important thing about winning this tie was "winning". The fringe players can look forward to more game time & hopefully progress further in this competition. The penalty taking in the shoot out was excellent from a Dundalk prospective, why any of the six who took a penalty didn't take the one during the game itself is beyond me.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:19 pm

AUDIO - HOARE AND CLIFFORD PRAISES DUNDALK EA SPORTS CUP WIN

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/ ... win/id-380

Return to “General Discussion”