Dundalk V Bohs | Fri 21 April | 7.45 | Oriel Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Dundalk V Bohs | Fri 21 April | 7.45 | Oriel Park

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Bohs were decent last weekend against Cork, based on reports and the limited highlights from Soccer Republic. On the other hand our performances both last Friday against Bray and in the EA Sports Cup against UCD, were way off the standard required.

I have no doubt that the players will be unhappy with their performances and will be very eager to put it right against Bohs.

The first step has clearly got to do with creating more chances - we simply did not do enough against Bray to win.

I believe that it will come good - hopefully starting on Friday

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Bohs | Fri 21 April | 7.45 | Oriel Park

Postby El Paso » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:10 pm

The application and workrate has not been what it was. Everything is slower than it should be. Up that and we'll start dominating matches again
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:01 pm

I bought two kids tickets for the stand for tomorrow, wont be able to use them now, if anyone wants them they can have them for free, send me a PM on this and I`ll arrange details to pick them up.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:09 pm

Team news

Dundalk will be without Robbie Benson and Seán Gannon for the next month or so as they are ruled out with hamstring and knee injuries respectively. Shane Grimes is continuing his recovery from his hamstring tear and is in line to return to full training in the near future. Stephen O’Donnell is working his way back to full fitness and played in the first half against UCD on Monday however Paddy Barrett went off with a thigh injury in the same match and is rated doubtful for the visit of Bohs as is Niclas Vemmelund with both facing late fitness tests.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/team-news-vs-bohemians-4/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Sneachta » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:31 am

Vemmulund would be a big loss. I think if we score early that'll settle the nerves of the crowd down firstly, who unfortunately their anxiety will transfer from the stands to the pitch the longer the game goes on scoreless. Bohs will come for a draw. I think we can win 2-0 comfortably.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:22 am

Guys don't all rush with requests for the 2 free kids tickets now !

Then again I`m guessing a lot who take their kids already have a ST, anyway lines close on this around 2pm!

shedsteve
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedsteve » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Even though we haven't been firing on all cylinders I expect a win. Bohs looked dangerous against CCFC but given the number of injuries they have we should see this one out.

Be interesting to see the attendance tonight too.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Sneachta wrote:Vemmulund would be a big loss. I think if we score early that'll settle the nerves of the crowd down firstly, who unfortunately their anxiety will transfer from the stands to the pitch the longer the game goes on scoreless. Bohs will come for a draw. I think we can win 2-0 comfortably.

Good call!
There's only one word for that - magic darts...

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby White Horse » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:08 pm

I enjoyed that game tonight. Bohs are a decent side and came to play a game of football. We look better with Hoare in the side and Vemmulund continues to impress me.

Shields and O'Donnell don't look right together in the centre of midfield. Shields, in particular, still looks shaky in possession. It was great to see Robbie Benson training before the game. He is a huge player for us this season.

Very good attendance. It was great to see people putting last weeks defeat to McKell behind them and getting behind the team.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:57 pm

We were pretty decent throughout. Supple made plenty of good saves and we probably should have won by a couple more.

5 goals for McMillan now - it is imperative he remains fit for the season as we have very few other options. Super goal by Duffy, and an even better song for him by the shed.

I like Hoare but he looks tiny beside Garts. He's fast & has a good leap but I wouldn't fancy him against an Akinade type forward.

I'm surprised Mountney has dropped down the pecking order behind young Kinsella.

Sneachta
Reserves
Reserves

Re: RE: Re: Dundalk V Bohs | Fri 21 April | 7.45 | Oriel Park

Postby Sneachta » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:22 am

El Paso wrote:
Sneachta wrote:Vemmulund would be a big loss. I think if we score early that'll settle the nerves of the crowd down firstly, who unfortunately their anxiety will transfer from the stands to the pitch the longer the game goes on scoreless. Bohs will come for a draw. I think we can win 2-0 comfortably.

Good call!

I work hard to impress all you guys

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:11 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
I'm surprised Mountney has dropped down the pecking order behind young Kinsella.

I was wondering about that as well when I saw the subs unfold last night but was it Kenny trying to get miles into the legs of some of the more fringe players when we were doing ok against a decent opposition?

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:20 am

Enjoyable game last night. Made it a lot harder than it actually was.
Still the issue remains for me is the pace of getting the ball to the front fast enough. What a cross by McEleney for the first and duffys goal was a peach with a terrific pass from Kinsella.
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:57 am

is it me or do we look tired and off the pace so far this season? Possibly due to the extended end of last season? we were decent in mf last night then a switch went off and we seemed to lose our way there. we definitely aren't as dominant in defence as previous seasons especially so it seems at set pieces and corners. Teams seem to know how to play us now. Is there any harm in playing both Stewart and McMillan up top together especially against the likes of Cork? A much needed win, albeit it against a Bohs team who will struggle in the lower echelons of the league. Fantastic cross from McEleney for McMillan's opener and a great finish from Duffy for the second. Supple kept Bohs in it with a couple of fantastic saves. I don't think O'Donnell is anywhere near match fitness but shows his determination to the cause when he is back playing. I think Mountney has every reason to be unhappy at his lack of game time at the moment. I don't see what Kinsella offers at moment. Plus I think Stewart needs some much needed gametime too. We have 6 league games until we play Cork here and realistically we need to win those 6 and beat Cork in the process.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:38 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:is it me or do we look tired and off the pace so far this season? Possibly due to the extended end of last season? we were decent in mf last night then a switch went off and we seemed to lose our way there. we definitely aren't as dominant in defence as previous seasons especially so it seems at set pieces and corners. Teams seem to know how to play us now. Is there any harm in playing both Stewart and McMillan up top together especially against the likes of Cork? A much needed win, albeit it against a Bohs team who will struggle in the lower echelons of the league. Fantastic cross from McEleney for McMillan's opener and a great finish from Duffy for the second. Supple kept Bohs in it with a couple of fantastic saves. I don't think O'Donnell is anywhere near match fitness but shows his determination to the cause when he is back playing. I think Mountney has every reason to be unhappy at his lack of game time at the moment. I don't see what Kinsella offers at moment. Plus I think Stewart needs some much needed gametime too. We have 6 league games until we play Cork here and realistically we need to win those 6 and beat Cork in the process.

Agree in the main with what you say, especially regarding Mountney.
I would also make the comment that Rodgers seems to be gaining in confidence, dealt very well with the little that came his way.
And I also wonder: Is there any merit in the long throw in?
The Back of the Wall

Return to “General Discussion”