Shane Grimes

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

User avatar
dieseldlk
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 912
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:09 pm
Location: Naas, Kildare
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Shane Grimes

Postby dieseldlk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Just heard on today fm sport that he has been banned for eight months for testing positive for a banned substance.



jimmyhill
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:24 pm

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby jimmyhill » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Bad news for the lad . Its backdated to may .

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1135
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby Shoco » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:02 pm

drawda players cheating, should be all tested, might explain their league position

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby dell » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 pm

Jack3D the problem supplement or its content(DMAA) more like. Half yer GAA players are/were on it. Only recently banned for sale in Ireland. Unlcky for the lad though he should know to check with his team Doc when taking 'legal' supplements just in case. Annoying thing is that is was the best supplement available as it really did reduce recovery times but if there is a doubt over it ban it!

il pene grande

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby il pene grande » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:39 pm

dell wrote:Jack3D the problem supplement or its content(DMAA) more like. Half yer GAA players are/were on it. Only recently banned for sale in Ireland. Unlcky for the lad though he should know to check with his team Doc when taking 'legal' supplements just in case. Annoying thing is that is was the best supplement available as it really did reduce recovery times but if there is a doubt over it ban it!

This is very disappointing for Shane who is an honest lad and could never be accused of cheating. It migbt have been a bit naive of him to take a supplement recommended by a "senior player" who Shane would'nt name at his hearing. By not naming this player he has shown admirable loyalty to his teammates and Drogheda Utd who rewarded him with the sack even before his hearing. It might be a good idea for the FAI to test all Drogheda players especially the ones using EDUCOGYM where a certain Fabio O'brien works. Now im not saying their all taking performance enhancing drugs but some of them have shown more improvement than a "chinese swimmer"!
Last edited by il pene grande on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby dell » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Was it not reported that his contract will be renewed by the Drogs and that he will be available for pre-season? Didnt hear he was sacked but if his wage has been stopped while not available same difference i suppose. As for 'performance enhancing drugs' (an ott term in this case) and the rest of the Dregs, they are on the radar now so if they dont quit the supplementation they deserve all they get! They are hardly stupid enough as a club not to have words? Loads of players would test positive for banned substances from inhalers, anti-histimines, cough mixtures etc. their use just need to be submitted. Up to the PFAI to educate in this imo

il pene grande

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby il pene grande » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

dell wrote:Was it not reported that his contract will be renewed by the Drogs and that he will be available for pre-season? Didnt hear he was sacked but if his wage has been stopped while not available same difference i suppose. As for 'performance enhancing drugs' (an ott term in this case) and the rest of the Dregs, they are on the radar now so if they dont quit the supplementation they deserve all they get! They are hardly stupid enough as a club not to have words? Loads of players would test positive for banned substances from inhalers, anti-histimines, cough mixtures etc. their use just need to be submitted. Up to the PFAI to educate in this imo

M.Cooke promised he would take him back when his ban is up but they didnt show much loyality by stopping his wages as soon as he tested positive.Imo he should have been paid while awaiting his hearing.As far as i know the PFAI did not give any financial support either so he went 8 weeks without any income.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 96 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby dell » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:16 pm

Wonder if it had been O'Brien in the dock how he would have been treated?

grayzer
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2348
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:14 pm
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby grayzer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:29 pm

Shoco wrote:drawda players cheating, should be all tested, might explain their league position


A good manager and a decent settled squad with good additions explains their league position.
In Kenny we trust.

wheely
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 556
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby wheely » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:59 pm

My god such a bitter bunch , he wasn't sacked , he wasn't available for selection after he failed a drugs test?? Did Chelsea pay mutu when he was waiting for a hearing .....he wasn't left without income he works in bellurgan ......he was told he's getting a contract for Nxt year.....You's weren't on ur high horses when ur own team were making a nice side earner betting against demselves .....

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1135
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby Shoco » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:14 pm

il pene grande wrote:
dell wrote:Was it not reported that his contract will be renewed by the Drogs and that he will be available for pre-season? Didnt hear he was sacked but if his wage has been stopped while not available same difference i suppose. As for 'performance enhancing drugs' (an ott term in this case) and the rest of the Dregs, they are on the radar now so if they dont quit the supplementation they deserve all they get! They are hardly stupid enough as a club not to have words? Loads of players would test positive for banned substances from inhalers, anti-histimines, cough mixtures etc. their use just need to be submitted. Up to the PFAI to educate in this imo

M.Cooke promised he would take him back when his ban is up but they didnt show much loyality by stopping his wages as soon as he tested positive.Imo he should have been paid while awaiting his hearing.As far as i know the PFAI did not give any financial support either so he went 8 weeks without any income.


LOI clubs havent got the luxury of being able to afford players who stupidly fail drugs tests, i would hope we would do the same

bish
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby bish » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:11 am

Does Fabio O'Brien not work as in Lifestyle sports in Meath? I used to work for Lifestyle Sports and in my job interview,the manager asked me about my interest and I said League of Ireland and he said "You know of Fabio O'Brien then? He works for us in an office in Meath" Now maybe Lifestyle run the Educogym but he definitely worked for Lifestyle.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2452
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Shane Grimes

Postby Ezeikial » Fri May 06, 2016 12:31 pm

As always, John O'Sullivan's column is well worth a read.

Rewards for doping in the League of Ireland are low - but culture still puts players at risk
“Temptation can’t really exist without reward,” writes John O’Sullivan in this week’s column.


http://www.the42.ie/league-of-ireland-a ... 1-May2016/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.


Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest