Linfield fined 18,000 also!

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Brendan ogle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Linfield fined 18,000 also!

Postby Brendan ogle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:03 am

But 15k of it was for people standing............................http://news.nom.co/linfield-fined-for-u ... 2418-news/

Now maybe they are fining them 15k for standing and letting us off, while hitting us with a 18k fine for a flag? I suppose it's a possibility but if so Linfield will win their appeal as why would they get hammered while we get off? On the other hand maybe we got a fine like 15k for inadequate seating and stewarding as well and the flag element of any fine is minor and has been blown completely out of proportion? I'm sure we will be told sooner or later, after all we're only the fans..........

Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Linfield fined 18,000 also!

Postby Mick Mac » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:18 am

Brendan can you not read? They were fined 15,000 altogether

What has this got to do with Dundalk, Dundalk will release the full details of the fine when made official by Uefa "How any proper club works"

As for your interview in the Indo, such laughable stuff! You said you couldnt go to the Shed as you had a season ticket for the stand with a designated seat. Season Tickets are for League games only so you had to pay in, why didnt you pay into the ground instead of the Stand to help them wave the flags?
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:20 am

Brendan, I actually agree with you that the fine is unfair. I don't think that one UEFA official that has been assigned to a small club in Ireland should decide which flags are political but we were in their competition and have to follow their rules.
You are defending lads that argued with stewards and club officials and almost got the game delayed. For somebody that claims to be a lifelong fan of the club, the thought of harming Dundalk FC just to make a point seems baffling to me.

It also doesn't matter if the fine was 15k or 3k this is still money that will be missing from the club. Are you or the SSA army in a position to pay this?
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

grayzer1888
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby grayzer1888 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:27 am

Inadequate seating?

People decided not to sit in their seats and then moved around behind to goals - the only thing the club is guilty of is not getting those people ejected from the ground. They should've also ejected those people who directly ignored requests from the club chairman not to fly the Palestinian flag after the UEFA delegate deemed it serious enough to threaten stopping the game from going ahead.

Whether it's a €1 or €18,000 fine for the flags is irrelevant, the issue the fans have is that a certain group of people continuously cost the club money in fines and it's unacceptable. There are 2 or 3 people who have hijacked the group for their own means and unfortunately the whole group is being tarnished by their actions.

Brendan ogle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Brendan ogle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:44 am

Lol, I didn't say that actually. I told them I was given a stand ticket on the night - I was - by my brother. What is laughable is that because of club statements in media slagging of their own fans to much cheer leading on here I got a phonecall from a paper on my personal number nobody has. The club have opened a media can of worms now with ill judged statements and the media just won't go away now because it's not working out the way it was planned. Also Linfield got a total fine of 18,000, 15,000 of which was for standing. At least read up on the facts please. What is more worrying is the other piece by Sadlier based on total misinformation and now using club statement and some republican splinter statement to commentate on our club and town. That's what playing media games to attack your own fans leads to. And Grayzer the back peddling is audible now. The spin put out was that fans waving a flag got club a fine of 18,000 for that incident. It was, and is, utter utter rubbish. As is now emerging. Anyway lads, glad the fascist like censorship on here has eased up a bit, well done! Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to for the treble we go. Up D Shed

Brendan ogle
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Brendan ogle » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 am

oh and Louth4Sam, If you want to meet for a ppint to discuss whether I have a right to' claim to be a lifelong fan' and you so delicately out it I would enjoy very much. And yes, I am defending fans who are not perfect, like me, like everybody I know because we are a community made up of all sorts. I was young myself following Dundalk and Celtic and was no angel, and I know a fair few 'non angels' around Oriel Park and they aren't all in D Shed either! Lads we need to pull together, stop this incestuous in fighting and if you hate other Dundalk fans from whatever part of town or background maybe Oriel Park isn't the place for you? Things got very vicious on here last week and it was very unnecessary. Anyway, up Da Town

Guinney
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Guinney » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:16 am

Brendan ogle wrote: stop this incestuous in fighting and if you hate other Dundalk fans from whatever part of town or background maybe Oriel Park isn't the place for you?

"Stop this incestuous in fighting" - The pot calling the kettle black.

The stance you hold on the situation is whether rightly or wrongly, is against what the majority of the fans hold (including the Shed) and also the general public and media. This is the third new thread I have seen set up by you on this issue (yes two others were deleted) and you even went to one the national newspapers. Thereby I would suggest you are guilty of in fighting more than most!

PS. I have a stand ticket and spend most of my time in the Shed.
"The real test of those who like the beautiful game is to go and watch your local team." President Micheal D. higgins

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:19 am

It's quite interesting that the groups/individuals who feel the need to make public statements claiming to represent Dundalk fans are those who are trying to defend the indefensible.

Everyone else seems to be more than happy to let the club(OUR CLUB) deal with it. I thought last Friday night spoke volumes for how far removed from the general fan base these people have drifted. The Shed - including the original SSA - were back to their raucous best. Making lots of noise, encouraging the team and dragging the stand along with them. Some of us can't get the rhythm quite right, but it's fun trying to keep up. Long may it last.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:28 am

Brendan ogle wrote:oh and Louth4Sam, If you want to meet for a ppint to discuss whether I have a right to' claim to be a lifelong fan' and you so delicately out it I would enjoy very much. And yes, I am defending fans who are not perfect, like me, like everybody I know because we are a community made up of all sorts. I was young myself following Dundalk and Celtic and was no angel, and I know a fair few 'non angels' around Oriel Park and they aren't all in D Shed either! Lads we need to pull together, stop this incestuous in fighting and if you hate other Dundalk fans from whatever part of town or background maybe Oriel Park isn't the place for you? Things got very vicious on here last week and it was very unnecessary. Anyway, up Da Town

I don't hate anybody Brendan and I am friends with plenty of the lads in the singing area of the shed where I stood myself for years. I still stand in the shed although more towards the end. Don't know where you are getting the idea that I hate people because of their background and it's quite insulting to be honest.

I just don't think anybody that argues with club officials and stewards and are happy to cause the club fines for their own gratification have the club's best interest at heart and I'm flabbergasted that you continue to defend them. Do you think that we should have anarchy in Oriel and let supporters do whatever they like?
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Mick Mac
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Mick Mac » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:39 am

Brendan ogle wrote:Lol, I didn't say that actually. I told them I was given a stand ticket on the night - I was - by my brother. What is laughable is that because of club statements in media slagging of their own fans to much cheer leading on here I got a phonecall from a paper on my personal number nobody has. The club have opened a media can of worms now with ill judged statements and the media just won't go away now because it's not working out the way it was planned. Also Linfield got a total fine of 18,000, 15,000 of which was for standing. At least read up on the facts please. What is more worrying is the other piece by Sadlier based on total misinformation and now using club statement and some republican splinter statement to commentate on our club and town. That's what playing media games to attack your own fans leads to. And Grayzer the back peddling is audible now. [b]The spin put out was that fans waving a flag got club a fine of 18,000 for that incident.[/b] It was, and is, utter utter rubbish. As is now emerging. Anyway lads, glad the fascist like censorship on here has eased up a bit, well done! Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to for the treble we go. Up D Shed

Where did the club say this? The website has an official statement on the fine followed by further updates will follow when they get them from Uefa.

You can see by the reaction on twitter/facebook/on here/at the game on Friday chatting to folk, 99% of fans are totally against this nonsense yourself and a few others keep bringing up.
When i see you dundalk, I just cant enough, I Just cant get enough

rummy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby rummy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:01 pm

St Johnstone also got fined for flags. And their fine was 18K solely for flags and chanting.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/foot ... fa-4149864

Yesterday a St Johnstone spokesman said: “We’ve been fined 18,000 euros for the display of a Palestinian flag and pro-Palestine chanting at our game with Spartak Trnava by UEFA.

So far (as some people are willing to have a scorecard).

Dundalk fined 18K for flags and seating situation (the full breakdown has yet to be released)
Linfield fined 15K for issues with seating.
St Johnstone fined 18K for flags and chanting.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the fine for us isnt as easy as 15k for seats and 3K for the flags because the breakdown hasnt been released. So we cant just go by "Oh well Linfield got this and St Johnstone got that" as the SSA are trying to do (posting on their site about how the majority of the fine is for the seats as that is similar to what Linfield received).

I think 99% of us can all agree that while we dont necessarily agree with UEFA's rules, we have to abide by them as it was their competition. And that the SSA and fans who were stood behind the goal on the town end were culpable for this fine.

That isnt to say that the club get off scotfree. They should have taken the flags and gave them back after the game, and made more of an effort to move the crows form behind the goals, instead of just rounding them up into the corner.

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”