Drogheda United

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

SayWhatYouSee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Drogheda United

Postby SayWhatYouSee » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:10 am

It is sad to hear on local radio the horrific news coming out of United Park where Rico has 48 hours to sign as many players as possible from last seasons squad and on the lowest possible budget!!!....after that they will be able to take stock and see if they have a future under Rico----WTF!!!!!.........Is there anybody accountable for this crazy situation where another season goes by and another club is in severe difficulty----forget about "country in recession" excuses----that is not a solid or just reason IMHO.

The FAI surely have to have answers ---they have strict licensing criteria now don't they????!!!!!............look forward to hearing peoples thoughts...

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Drogheda United

Postby Johnny Guitar » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:33 pm

How are the FAI responsible for this?
I am no fan of Delaney and co but I don't think they are too blame. The fault for this lies solely at the door of the board of DUFC. They are responsible for planning for the budget 2015 maximising revenue for Rico.
What is the structure of Drogheda. Isn't it supporter owned
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:14 pm

The Licensing people will look at Drogheda's accounts in January and their submission for next season. Interestingly, player contracts are not subject to achieving a licence. They could actually start pre-season training and find out a couple of weeks later that they weren't successful.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:33 pm

I'm hearing a new board & chairman could herald a Mick Cooke return.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:32 pm

I've heard that Ben Clarke - the new Chairman - has already stepped down. He is a very passionate drog so doesn't look good.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Fiachra kierans has been unveiled as the new chairman.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Cooke in reckoning for Drogs return

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:10 pm

FORMER Drogheda United manager Mick Cooke could make a dramatic return to the club.
The Dubliner led the Boynsiders to the runners-up spot in the Premier Division in 2012 when they also lifted the EA Sports Cup.
However, despite guiding United to all three major domestic cup finals in 2013, Cooke was relieved of his duties by the club 12 months ago.

http://www.thestar.ie/star/cooke-reckon ... urn-56127/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Stephen
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby Stephen » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:28 am

Johnny McDonnell and Mark Kinsella.. Here we go again... It's a wonder they didn't reappoint Doolin..
20th May 2014. Dundalk 7 Drogheda United 0

Daviddrog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Daviddrog » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Here we go again??? Our board can be accused of alot of things, but overspending certainly hasnt been one of them

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:55 pm

It's not your board you need to worry about. I've spoken to a few people who were less than complimentary about Johnny's spell north of the border.

Daviddrog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Daviddrog » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:40 pm

And im sure if you spoke to enough people south of the border, youd find people more than complimentary about him. Big deal. Still waiting on what stephen meant?

Stephen
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby Stephen » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Daviddrog wrote:And im sure if you spoke to enough people south of the border, youd find people more than complimentary about him. Big deal. Still waiting on what stephen meant?

No slight intended. Just wondering where the money is coming from. I doubt if McDonnell and especially Kinsella are coming cheap. I also remember the last time DUFC were penniless and had no players signed. It was immediately before the club went on one of the biggest spending sprees known to the domestic game and went full-time professional. Is history repeating itself?
20th May 2014. Dundalk 7 Drogheda United 0

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:08 am

Stephen wrote:
Daviddrog wrote:And im sure if you spoke to enough people south of the border, youd find people more than complimentary about him. Big deal. Still waiting on what stephen meant?

DUFC were penniless and had no players signed?

I assumed that was par for the course tbh! bar the Doolin glitch...

Daviddrog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Daviddrog » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Stephen wrote:

No slight intended. Just wondering where the money is coming from. I doubt if McDonnell and especially Kinsella are coming cheap. I also remember the last time DUFC were penniless and had no players signed. It was immediately before the club went on one of the biggest spending sprees known to the domestic game and went full-time professional. Is history repeating itself?

Isnt that the fear for all league of ireland clubs? Whatever about anything else the board get up to, id be fairly confident we wont overspend. Sure some are involved 5 or 6 years now and theyve ran a tight ship every year despite getting stick fron some supporters for not spending more!!

Id guess we invested in managers though. Cooke wasnt on peanuts especially with bonuses included and i doubt rico and darius were cheap. But rico left as club couldnt afford to rent him a gaf in town.

So despite a decent managerial duo (hopefully), id be fairly confident of a tight ship will be run again based on last 5 or 6 years. Id be amazed if it was anything else tbh

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:31 am

Daviddrog wrote:But rico left as club couldnt afford to rent him a gaf in town.

You must be one of the very few who swallowed that line

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”