John Delaney

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

John Delaney

Postby Wexford White » Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:40 pm

John Delaney - more money than sense.

The Back of the Wall

mercedesgirl
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: John Delaney

Postby mercedesgirl » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:22 pm

more money than sense referring to what

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:05 pm

mercedesgirl wrote:more money than sense referring to what

Just a wild guess - but I think he is referring to John Delaney and his recent you tube outing
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mondog
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mondog » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:03 pm

I think for most football fans in this country the video is probably the smallest issue they have with Delaney. There always seems to be a perception with him and the FAI that the response to any given situation depends on whether you are in his good or bad books. For example, the hostility of Dundalk fans towards Galway Utd over the infamous video a few years ago always seemed misplaced to me. It wasn't Galways fault for making the video, but surely his / FAI's for accepting it as an a deciding factor. Similarly, Limerick were clearly in the bad books over the Barcelona friendly issue and special terms and conditions suddenly appeared to apply to them only afterwards i.e owner had to provide huge up front wad of cash to get a licence which did not apply elsewhere. When Cork / Derry / Rovers / Bohs were in trouble it seemed the FAI and Delaney bent over backwards to keep them alive - in sharp contrast to their reaction when smaller clubs such as Kilkenny / Monaghan / Kildare had similar problems. The Scotland ticket situation was another example. i'm using Delaney and FAI interchangably as few people really believe that anything significant happens there unless he approves it.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Wexford White » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:56 pm

mercedesgirl wrote:more money than sense referring to what

I refer you to the two excellent replies already received
The Back of the Wall

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:53 pm

mondog wrote:I think for most football fans in this country the video is probably the smallest issue they have with Delaney. There always seems to be a perception with him and the FAI that the response to any given situation depends on whether you are in his good or bad books. For example, the hostility of Dundalk fans towards Galway Utd over the infamous video a few years ago always seemed misplaced to me. It wasn't Galways fault for making the video, but surely his / FAI's for accepting it as an a deciding factor. Similarly, Limerick were clearly in the bad books over the Barcelona friendly issue and special terms and conditions suddenly appeared to apply to them only afterwards i.e owner had to provide huge up front wad of cash to get a licence which did not apply elsewhere. When Cork / Derry / Rovers / Bohs were in trouble it seemed the FAI and Delaney bent over backwards to keep them alive - in sharp contrast to their reaction when smaller clubs such as Kilkenny / Monaghan / Kildare had similar problems. The Scotland ticket situation was another example. i'm using Delaney and FAI interchangably as few people really believe that anything significant happens there unless he approves it.

Hard to disagree with this. Delaney always seems to be a step from a disaster. From pics of him losing a shoe or being held up by friends because he has had one to many on an away day.

Worst part or that the fair probably now can't afford to pay him off because he gave himself a contact until 2020
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:51 pm

I'd say there is a fair chance he will see most of us off this mortal coil in his role as CEO. After his dad was ousted in the infamous "Night of the Long Knives" he swore he would have his revenge. He worked his way up through the ranks and, when he got there, dispensed with anyone he felt culpable or who wasn't a yes man. I'd say he probably knows where a few skeletons are buried as well. A bit like Sept Blatter really.

mondog
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby mondog » Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:13 pm

I see he is all over the Sunday Independent supplement today in various photos with the 'beautiful people' - something to do with celebrating the end of the recession!!!. For an apparently private man he gets around. I finally watched the 'John the Baptist' documentary on youtube last night. Anyone with a delicate stomach should avoid it - vomit-inducing stuff!

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:41 pm

John Delaney: I had nothing to do with Rio tickets

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2016/092 ... n-delaney/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”