Laptop battery

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

boixos nois
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Laptop battery

Postby boixos nois » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Any techie guys out there that could help me .
The missus has a Sony vaio and for a while now it's being popping up on screen that no battery can be detected. The laptop only works if it is plugged into the mains.
So do I just need get the battery make and buy a new one on amazon?
Any advice would be appreciated thanks

mercedesgirl
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Laptop battery

Postby mercedesgirl » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:42 pm

yes just new battery required had same problem

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:40 pm

Ive an old vaio that had a pint of milk poured on it by a 3 yr old and it fried the mboard. Battery is probably still fine so ye could have it to give it a go. If it works could save ye a few bob. vgp-bps2 is the seriel no. pm me. Check and see if it is compatable with the model of laptop, yer more than welcome to it.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:34 pm

Slightly off topic, but a great tip. If you need to charge any smart phone or tablet quickly, go to settings, and turn on airplane mode. It shuts down most of your applications, but watch it charge back up in 3 times the speed. You won't get calls/texts etc during, but no big deal.

Also at night you can switch to airplane on your mobile and the alarm still works next am if you use it, and very little battery used, again it won't take calls or recieve texts during the airplane on mode, but still good tip.

Lilywhite ii

Postby Lilywhite ii » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:59 am

Seen as we've gone of topic and hopefuly this is within the rules of the forum-
i've recently got my 73 year old uncle on-line,long time DFC fan,go's to nearly all games and loves the thowwnn.Problem is he's using an old machine of mine which i cant update beacuse the disc drive wont open and i cant update the system and he's using a mid-band dongle which is desperate slow.If anyone has an old pc thats running xp or better i'll be willing to lay the shillings into your hand providing its not €50 or more.We dont need any keyboards or monitors.Friend of mine willing to pick up any week day in town.Also no problem with the memory storage on this,just a yoke for browsing the net but that can pick up wifi.
Thanks

boixos nois
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby boixos nois » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:25 pm

Lads thanks for the advice and offers of assistance . I managed to order a battery from Amazon and it seems to be working and holding a charge . The missus is happy and I can stream the footie now which won't work on my iPad

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”