Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3570
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 43 times

Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:17 pm

Great to see Maxi doing something really positive for the town. David Keenan is a terrific local singer song writer & I would love for 'El Paso' to become an Oriel Park anthem. While it only fleetingly mentions singing on the terraces it also captures part of what it feels like to be young & growing up in a town like Dundalk.


Watch here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLbYh0B7jVc

The lads also appeared on RTE and David Keenan has done a few performances for Dundalk FM, LMFM and some youtube TV channels since the song went viral. Good luck to the lad!



User avatar
grayzer1888
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:00 am
Location: Oriel
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby grayzer1888 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:24 pm

Pete Johnson has a tune out about the Lilywhite Lounge now as well #greatness lol

User avatar
Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Co Wexford
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby Wexford White » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Brilliant, ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!
Two great men two great ads for Dundalk and Dundalk FC. Congratulations to both of them.
Friday night floodlights..............what memories!
Come on the Town!
The Back of the Wall

mercedesgirl
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby mercedesgirl » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:27 am

didnt here davids song getting a run out tonite at derby,that other noise played twice

SayWhatYouSee
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:00 am

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby SayWhatYouSee » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:14 am

I was sad to hear in recent times there's a supposedly "Anti-Maxi" around the powers-that-be in Oriel hence the reluctance to encourage him/anything/anybody to do with him around Oriel Park....whatever the reason I can for sure say that Maxi was around a long long time before the majority of those chronies who apparently have "an issue" with him.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2344
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby colymull » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm

I would imagine trying to burn down the FAI has a lot to do with the club keeping him at arms length!!
King Kenny!

User avatar
thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1024
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:31 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby thecaptain » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:53 pm

colymull wrote:I would imagine trying to burn down the FAI has a lot to do with the club keeping him at arms length!!


And the other litany of stuff since then.

As George Bush once said: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice; won't get fooled again...

Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1807
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:26 pm
Has thanked: 120 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby dell » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:49 pm

SayWhatYouSee wrote:I was sad to hear in recent times there's a supposedly "Anti-Maxi" around the powers-that-be in Oriel hence the reluctance to encourage him/anything/anybody to do with him around Oriel Park....whatever the reason I can for sure say that Maxi was around a long long time before the majority of those chronies who apparently have "an issue" with him.


Is this for real! Are you really struggling to understand why the club may want to distance themselves from somene who threatened to torch our governing body's HQ, advocated and insisted on behaviour that resulted in multiple fines over last season, and i'm sure there are other issues like Facebook messages that were borderline defamatory or threatening UEFA etc. Previous fundraising and length of 'service' supporting the clubs doesnt cut it. Maybe if he turned up with the cost asscoiated with flags flown at European games a change of opinion might occur around the club.

Dundalk FC was around a long long time before Maxi and will be for a long long time after as long as he remains at arms length.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 365
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:29 pm
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby 0rl » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:45 am

dell wrote:
SayWhatYouSee wrote:I was sad to hear in recent times there's a supposedly "Anti-Maxi" around the powers-that-be in Oriel hence the reluctance to encourage him/anything/anybody to do with him around Oriel Park....whatever the reason I can for sure say that Maxi was around a long long time before the majority of those chronies who apparently have "an issue" with him.


Is this for real! Are you really struggling to understand why the club may want to distance themselves from somene who threatened to torch our governing body's HQ, advocated and insisted on behaviour that resulted in multiple fines over last season, and i'm sure there are other issues like Facebook messages that were borderline defamatory or threatening UEFA etc. Previous fundraising and length of 'service' supporting the clubs doesnt cut it. Maybe if he turned up with the cost asscoiated with flags flown at European games a change of opinion might occur around the club.

Dundalk FC was around a long long time before Maxi and will be for a long long time after as long as he remains at arms length.


Highlighted the important bits for you!!!

Lilywhite ii

Re: Maxi Taxi, David Keenan & El Paso!

Postby Lilywhite ii » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:39 am

Arms length as right.
Maxi is a real nice fella but he went rouge on more than a couple of times and he seriously damaged the clubs brand and it's reputation.and then complained and ranted about the fact that he was being fcuked over even though all the criticism was fair and true.He seems to have moved on now though and you have to give him credit for that and for re- inventing himself and for the videos he is putting on his page.Maxi is ok,just a bit deluded sometimes but hi. . . . .


Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests