fifa and the FAI

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

fifa and the FAI

Postby Wexford White » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:47 pm

FIFA have admitted either giving or lending the FAI five million dollars to stop the FAI from suing them over the Thierry Henry affair. Referees are only human and we see them making mistakes regularly and at all levels. So I cannot understand why the FAI threatened FIFA. On this basis the result of many football matches would be decided in the courts. Could Dundalk have sued the FAI over Anthony Buttimer's performance in the Cup semi final two years ago? FIFA, rotten to the core and now we should also question the integrity of the top brass in the FAI. Why has this only come to our attention now?

The Back of the Wall

dieseldlk
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: fifa and the FAI

Postby dieseldlk » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:04 am

It's coming to our attention now as all payments are going to be questioned and and fai are probably afraid it will lead to an investigation into themselves.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:44 pm

Wexford White wrote: So I cannot understand why the FAI threatened FIFA.?

It was the a last roll of the dice by a desperate CEO of an an organisation that was financially floundering and needed the spoils of a World Cup finals to make ends meet, (and to maintain and justify a grossly inflated salary...and ego).

Delaney as a touch of teflon about him!

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Certainly would make you wonder why our beloved FAI didn't make this public at the time. The whole think STINKS & the mind boggles, what other capers have the FAI been up to ? There's no doubt this will lead to an investigation into the FAI. GOD HELP US.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:21 pm

There were rumours of this happening about a year ago and I believe fair pillowcases to JD for getting the funds from FIFA.

The question is where was this disclosed in the FAI's annual reports from 2009-2013 (as I believe a stipulation was that we would pay back the loan if we qualified.
All liabilities must be recognised even one like this irrespective of whatever confidentially clause
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:56 pm

A 15mil payoff and 500k per year pension it is now apparent why Blatter stood for election and then stood down after, knowing he could demand a severance. I hope this investigation turns up something that will nullify his right to demand such ridiculous money!

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”