RTE & FAI

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

RTE & FAI

Postby dell » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Over the last while with the Sepp Blatter stuff and FAI CEO's public criticism it seems that the comments section on RTE.ie news articles was removed promptly after there was criticism of the CEO posted by members of the public. This morning there were about 20 comments on the report of the level of the FAI debt. Obviously people commented on the situation where an organisation carries debt of over €50million yet the CEO is highly paid. People were made redundant due to the poor finances yet the CEO only took a 10% pay cut. These comments, not made by myself, seemed fair and legit observation. By dinner time all the comments were removed once again. During the Blatter pontificating from the chief of the FAI and people alluded to the €5million and therefore there were questions to be asked of the audited accounts, the comments section was disabled for any FAI related article. Can the CEO be really that insecure or indeed RTE that easily intimidated to the point of people in the FAI having some editorial influence...

The way I see it is on such a salary scale, and if someone courts the media for attention then it is foolish to bemoan when all that craved attention isn't always positive. I've heard it mentioned that John Delaney would consider entering politics after his FAI days - if he does he had better grow a thicker skin!

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”