Record breaker

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Record breaker

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Jamie vardy record breaker. Fairytale stuff. Non league football to breaking a premier league goalscoring record in 3 years. And doing it in old Trafford where the previous record holder played. Phenomenal stuff.

Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Wexford White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Record breaker

Postby Wexford White » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:16 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Jamie vardy record breaker. Fairytale stuff. Non league football to breaking a premier league goalscoring record in 3 years. And doing it in old Trafford where the previous record holder played. Phenomenal stuff.

Agree with all you say, but this match is being played in Leicester
The Back of the Wall

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Oops!! :-)
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:10 am

Still 2 shy of the all time record of 13 set by Irish man Jimmy Dunne back in the 30s!! Brilliant achievement by Vardy but football didn't start in 1992!!!
King Kenny!

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:42 am

With all the fuss abaout Vardy I subsequently read about Dunne. Isnt it great they way the FAI highlight or commemorate such achievements...

Think it was on the RTE website that I read some of Dunphy's ramblings on the Towell transfer. He alluded to Vardy's rise from non-league to EPL era (colymul ;) record breaker. But then threw in that he was 3 years getting to his current level. We shall see if he maintains his run over more than a season I suppose. Didnt Ian Wright have a similar jump from practically Sunday League t Palace at 23.

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:53 am

With all the fuss abaout Vardy I subsequently read about Dunne. Isnt it great they way the FAI highlight or commemorate such achievements...

Think it was on the RTE website that I read some of Dunphy's ramblings on the Towell transfer. He alluded to Vardy's rise from non-league to EPL era (colymul ;) record breaker. But then threw in that he was 3 years getting to his current level. We shall see if he maintains his run over more than a season I suppose. Didnt Ian Wright have a similar jump from practically Sunday League t Palace at 23.

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”