Pat the Rat

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Pat the Rat

Postby Townfan7 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:46 pm

I note Pat the Rat has said he has every respect for Stephen Kenny & the Dundalk players, if this is so why then did he behave in such a horrible manner after Friday's match ? The only answer I can think of is his pure jealousy at what Stephen Kenny & Dundalk are achieving & that with his current Rovers set up he will never be able to match anything close to it.

C'MON THE TOWN:

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:36 pm

Pat Fenlon is a competitive chap that doesn't do losing at all well! Stephen Kenny is the very same but has a level of discipline on the sideline, the sort of discipline that is expected by the players. It is still incredible that a Shamrock Rovers player defused things for PF so it seems as there is some tail wagging the dog going on. Caulfield and Fenlon on the same touchline Monday night will be fun.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:54 pm

to be fair Fenlon would be at exactly the same if he was manager of Dundalk. not that it is the right attitude to purvey. but that is the manner of the guy..
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:06 am

Incorrect, Pat the Rat will NEVER EVER manage Dundalk Football Club.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Ridleys regular » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:12 am

He also had his thrice annual spat with Vinny Perth before he headed of to have to have words with SK :-)

Spiderman
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Spiderman » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:31 am

Fenlon also insulted all Dundalk staff up the tunnel after he was seen by the nation sticking his little fingers into Kennys chest,He had a go from the kitman to Graeme Bryne,Now am not a man for praying but I'll have a go today and hope Cork beat rvs tonight or a draw would be ideal.

Bungalow
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bungalow » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:30 pm

dell wrote:Pat Fenlon is a competitive chap that doesn't do losing at all well! Stephen Kenny is the very same but has a level of discipline on the sideline, the sort of discipline that is expected by the players. It is still incredible that a Shamrock Rovers player defused things for PF so it seems as there is some tail wagging the dog going on. Caulfield and Fenlon on the same touchline Monday night will be fun.

P45 in the morning

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hull White » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:25 pm

If they sack the little twat, unless they are absolutely thick, will come after Stephen. Careful what you all wish for? I am quite happy for the little jackeen wanker to stay in Tallaght for The next 10 seasons!

Bungalow
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bungalow » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Hull White wrote:If they sack the little twat, unless they are absolutely thick, will come after Stephen. Careful what you all wish for? I am quite happy for the little jackeen wanker to stay in Tallaght for The next 10 seasons!

There is not a chance of him going back there after the way they treated him the last time and that came from the horses mouth

dell
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dell » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:00 am

After SK signing a recent contract extension it would be too cost prohibitive for Rovers to buy out the contract and compensate Dundalk. Any release causes would be for cross channel jobs not domestic. At least that would be my expectation.
Last edited by dell on Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Hull White » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:29 am

Unfinished business rings a bell and I don't think he would want to go cross channel again. But if he has said he wouldn't go back I believe it.

Bungalow
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Bungalow » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:16 am

When they sacked him he had to take them to court to get money owed to him doubt very much he would ever want to go back there

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:44 am

Hull White wrote:If they sack the little twat, unless they are absolutely thick, will come after Stephen. !

Highly improbably for all the reasons outlined above.

Additionally they probably cannot afford the compensation involved (either to sack Fenlon or to recruit any manager currently in contract)

It would also be a climb-down of epic proportions for the board of Shamrock Rovers to admit they were wrong in dismissing SK. The arrogance of Chairman Jonathon Roche and his colleagues would prevent this even being considered!
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:39 am

Fenlon is contacted to end of 2017 I think. They won't be sacking him anytime soon. Either he turns it around or he walks away. That's Rovers choices.

They also spent all their EL money so they are not cash rich & the rental of tallaght is quite expensive too, added to the loan they accepted from a group of investors this is adding to their significant outgoings. No money for new players either so he'll have to work with what he has.

Just a pity we have to wait until July for the next match against them !

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby GC. » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:21 am

If I was a Rovers supporter I'd seriously be worried about the future of the club.

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”