ExPats and Kodi

Yes, there are other things to discuss apart from Dundalk F.C. and feel free to discuss them here!

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

olbyrne
Youth Team
Youth Team

ExPats and Kodi

Postby olbyrne » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:16 am

Hola mis Amigos, one of the disadvantages of living in Spain (well, the only one really) is that I have not been able to attend Oriel Park this past two years, though I did come back for the cup final. In the past a number of members have been on here regarding requests for streams to watch live games etc. Since our move I have downloaded the Kodi software onto my laptop which is connected to the tv by hdmi cable. Not only can we watch live UK Tv, but we can also stream movies and catch up on Tv series. Kodi is particularly good for watching live Sport. Last Friday I found a stream for the Derry vs Dundalk game and the quality was excellent.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: ExPats and Kodi

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:44 pm

I have kodi.. how did u get the dundalk v derry game?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

olbyrne
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby olbyrne » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:16 pm

I found it in Sportsdevil Addon under Live Sports / FirstRowSports.eu. If a match is being televised on Sky or Setanta etc you have plenty of options via Addons:- Sportsmix, Phoenix Sport, U.K. Turk Sports etc etc. Where I'am located about 40kms from Malaga but in el campo, my Internet speed is only 10mb, which is fine for most use, so I would expect you to have better performance with faster internet.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:03 pm

I have all those addons myself but didnt think the dundalk game would be on any of them when it wasn't live on tv.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

olbyrne
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby olbyrne » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:44 am

Once a game is transmitted live, it can be captured. The Derry game was excellent quality but had no commentary, only background sound, which might suggest it was being transmitted back to RTE for use on Soccer Republic. Last night the Longford game was listed but unfortunately there was no stream when selected.

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Postby 0rl » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Cheers olbyrne. I never check if it's not on Setanta or RTE. Must keep an eye out in future.

Smokie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Smokie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:14 am

Near sure that stream from the match in Derry was from the Betfair stream(or some betting website). I think they stream all premier division matches & it was keeping track of the number of goal kicks, throw ins etc.

grayzer1888
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby grayzer1888 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:20 pm

Kodi is a good job - I use an ARNU box with pure Linux, very easy to use:
http://www.arnubox.com/products/arnu-bo ... ure-linux/

olbyrne
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby olbyrne » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:54 am

I see Kodi / SportsDevil has the Dundalk FC vs FH Hafnarfjordur listed for tonight. I wonder will there be a stream? Anyway, I look forward to the fantastic coverage from Dundalk FM and " ..there's no doubt about it "

Return to “Non-Dundalk Talk”