Strategic plan

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ridleys regular » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:57 pm

jordan gardner twitter bio changed and reference to dundalk removed.

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Does any one know what is happening.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:26 pm

The people that need to know, know what's happening.

No point coming on here every couple of days and asking the same question

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:05 pm

The people that need to know are the supporters , so that's a horse s--t comment .

Johnnybegood33
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Your a smart boy Shoco , who are the people that need to know , would that be Peak 6 , who ever they are.

brodser
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby brodser » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Deal is done. Announcement next week.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:58 pm

The only people that need to know right now are the people involved in the takeover discussions. So I would imagine that rules all of us out. When there is anything worth knowing either way, we will be informed. And that is the correct way to do your business. Not out in the public forum.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:22 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:The people that need to know are the supporters , so that's a horse s--t comment .

Don't confuse need to know with want to know

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:00 pm

Fleet wood town on MOTD BBC 1 now. Lovely little stand with what looks like bars above the main seating areas. Looks great

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DundalkChampions » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Where are all these in the know people who claimed it was a done deal weeks ago?

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:Where are all these in the know people who claimed it was a done deal weeks ago?
I agree. Feckin ridiculous. Similar people repeating similar on Twitter. "Announcement imminent" must be on auto text now to repeat every 2/3 weeks. Certain people in the Dundalk media obsessed with sounding like they know exactly what's going on. Just admit it...you're the same as the rest of us and don't know because you're not actually involved with the club. After the last s**t storm over Karl Sheppard the Dundalk media don't deserve to be "in the know". Big mouths!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:36 am

Sneachta wrote:After the last s**t storm over Karl Sheppard the Dundalk media don't deserve to be "in the know". Big mouths!

That's unfair

What do you expect media to do with news other than report it. If Gavin McLaughlin got the confirmation that Shepard had signed, you can hardly blame him for doing his job well.

Look beyond the messenger
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:51 am

I totally agree, Gavin had that information as confirmed at the time, its well known the player did a u turn based on the events leading up to the cup final. Besides good player or not, was he really the type we wanted just to suit his desire to live closer to home?

Weakening Cork would have been good though.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Sneachta wrote:After the last s**t storm over Karl Sheppard the Dundalk media don't deserve to be "in the know". Big mouths!

That's unfair

What do you expect media to do with news other than report it. If Gavin McLaughlin got the confirmation that Shepard had signed, you can hardly blame him for doing his job well.

I never mentioned Gavin McLaughlin. Karl Sheppard was a bad example. In fairness to Gavin he has probably been the quietest of all Dundalk media outlets regarding the Dundalk takeover.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Strategic plan

Postby Sneachta » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am

Ezeikial wrote:

That's unfair

Unless media outlets were given the all clear to report on the Karl Sheppard signing, it shouldn't have been even reported as "potential" or "rumoured". That in itself is a bigger problem in general in sports media where stories are generated to create controversy, sky being an example.

Anyway, I feel my point stands regarding that nothing should be reported until a journalist can confirm that " X" at the club has gone on record as saying "Dundalk have been taken over by etc etc"

As a society we want everything immediate, right now and to have happened yesterday. "Journalists" and I use the term lightly as the wife's previous career was in media, and with the birth of social media, every Tom, Dick and Harry with a smart phone, thinks they have what it takes to be a good journo, have ethics and practice they should adhere to. They have a responsibility and code of ethics to follow.

Similarly, those involved in the club, shouldn't have to experience getting their fingers burned by speaking off the record with the general public/media. They also have a professional responsibility not to reveal info until everything can be confirmed as truth.

Am I making sense? I don't mean to cause a ruckus but just read tweets and listened to comments lately by people that should know better.

For myself and happy to sit and wait til the truth reveals itself as fact. Its hard not to be a news junkie in this day age.

Return to “General Discussion”