St Patrick's Ath V Dundalk | Fri 6 July | 7:45pm | Richmond Park

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: St Patrick's Ath V Dundalk | Fri 6 July | 7:45pm | Richmond Park

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:49 am

Patrick Hoban with Gerry Malone

He tends to say it as it is rather than in soundbites (Patrick I mean, not Gerry)

https://audioboom.com/posts/6923420-pat-hoban

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:35 pm

I listened to Vinny Perth’s interview , what a solid guy , with a job to do . It’s great to have him alongside SK. Good luck in Europe.

DFCLife
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby DFCLife » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:07 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Hopefully this sort of sentiment does not take root among supporters and possibly spread to the players

While we are rightly favourities a 4 point gap is fairly modest with 11 games to go, particularly when we have to go to Turners Cross in September. European and domestic cup progress can also easily throw a spanner in the works with fixture congestion possibly affecting fitness, form, injuries and suspensions

Recognise too that we had a bit of luck last night and last week.

One game at a time, please

Agreed, a fair few of the langers were crowning themselves after they went 4 points clear early on. Let's not make the same mistake.
N'Golo Kanté has posters of Chris Shields on his bedroom wall

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Townfan7 wrote:
Great win & a gap has opened at the top. You wonder is the two horse race turning into a solo run...

Hopefully this sort of sentiment does not take root among supporters and possibly spread to the players

Hopefully your sort of sentiment does not take root among supporters and possibly spread to the players.

C'MON THE TOWN:

Weelilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Weelilywhite » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:04 pm

I see Cork got what I believe is their 6th penalty in the league last night. Does anyone know for certain how many we were rewarded ?

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Townfan7 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Townfan7 wrote:
Great win & a gap has opened at the top. You wonder is the two horse race turning into a solo run...

Hopefully this sort of sentiment does not take root among supporters and possibly spread to the players

Hopefully your sort of sentiment does not take root among supporters and possibly spread to the players.

C'MON THE TOWN:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, but you seem to have taken offence to what I posted - that was not my intention.

My belief is that supporters are entitled to dream,hope, speculate and be even wildly optimistic about the future - but in the unlikely event that it translates to the players and management, complacency can easily set in.

The title race might well develop into a a solo run, if anyone is say 10 points ahead with 3 games to go.

Unless and until then, I suspect it is wise not to get too far ahead of ourselves

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:30 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Townfan7 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:

C'MON THE TOWN:

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, but you seem to have taken offence to what I posted - that was not my intention.

My belief is that supporters are entitled to dream,hope, speculate and be even wildly optimistic about the future - but in the unlikely event that it translates to the players and management, complacency can easily set in.

The title race might well develop into a a solo run, if anyone is say 10 points ahead with 3 games to go.

Unless and until then, I suspect it is wise not to get too far ahead of ourselves

No offence taken or intended.

I do however feel the team is in a great position also, they play the best football & have a fantastically better goal difference than Cork. These points may not necessarily guarantee winning the league but we are in a great place & if the truth be told it's (winning the league) is in Dundalk's own hands now. Let's hope this happens.

C'MON THE TOWN:

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:00 pm

Exceptional break away goal from Chris Shields, probably the best goal he has scored for Dundalk. The running and commitment from hoban for the 3rd goal was phenomenal.
https://youtu.be/QU7dQAR6XCk

Return to “General Discussion”