Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby DundalkChampions » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:03 pm

transitvan wrote:
McNultys Discopants wrote:
El Paso wrote:You know people have jobs, yeah?

They didn’t expect demand to outstrip supply. They’ve got caught out on that. Hopefully they’ll learn from this.

Random about the jobs but yeah I'm well aware as I took time out from my job to go up to Oriel @ 10am Wednesday. Of course they knew demand would exceed supply - they only release about 80 tickets!!!

Fair enough take that onboard jobs etc.still doesn't explain what give someone in oriel the right to prioritise tickets for season holders and the click in oriel and exempt the supporters who travel far and wide,jobs for the boys and all that .so please stop trying to butter it over with they were caught out by demand. They were caught out alright taking the real fans for fools

After Volunteers, Season Ticket holders should be number 1 priority (its one of the selling points for a ST)

The click and who you know shouldnt even come into it.

BTW I know many regular travellers on Tonys bus with no ticket.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:17 pm

DundalkChampions wrote:
transitvan wrote:
Random about the jobs but yeah I'm well aware as I took time out from my job to go up to Oriel @ 10am Wednesday. Of course they knew demand would exceed supply - they only release about 80 tickets!!!

Fair enough take that onboard jobs etc.still doesn't explain what give someone in oriel the right to prioritise tickets for season holders and the click in oriel and exempt the supporters who travel far and wide,jobs for the boys and all that .so please stop trying to butter it over with they were caught out by demand. They were caught out alright taking the real fans for fools

After Volunteers, Season Ticket holders should be number 1 priority (its one of the selling points for a ST)

If season ticket holders didn't have priority someone who hasn't set foot in Oriel all season has as much chance as a regular of getting tickets for matches like this. What sense does thst make?

Have to say fair play to Cork, they must be pissing themselves laughing, we're on the verge of a possible double, they give us a small allocation and some of our fan base are planning to roll out a banner to protest that match day volunteers and season ticket holders got tickets before them. Cop yourselves on and get behind the team.

transitvan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 pm

So what your saying is if your not lucky enough to have a season ticket you should be last in line for a ticket for a match that has no financial benefit to Dundalk .I think season ticket holders are getting well looked after already with euro ties etc.a proper membership scheme should be set up for supporters .that way the real supporters can avail of tickets and not be downgraded because they dont own season ticket

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:26 pm

transitvan wrote:So what your saying is if your not lucky enough to have a season ticket you should be last in line for a ticket for a match that has no financial benefit to Dundalk .I think season ticket holders are getting well looked after already with euro ties etc.a proper membership scheme should be set up for supporters .that way the real supporters can avail of tickets and not be downgraded because they dontvown a season ticket

In fairness there is no luck involved in having a season ticket. Season ticket holders the world over all get priority access to tickets, as would supporters who have attended a number of away matches, thereafter if more tickets are available they are released for general sale - there's nothing new with this model. It's simply not being enforced by the powers that be up at Oriel and they've taken the p1ss and distributed the tickets to all their cronies instead.

None of this is rocket science - it's blatantly obvious what has happened.

transitvan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby transitvan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:29 pm

Dundalk10 wrote:
DundalkChampions wrote:
transitvan wrote:Fair enough take that onboard jobs etc.still doesn't explain what give someone in oriel the right to prioritise tickets for season holders and the click in oriel and exempt the supporters who travel far and wide,jobs for the boys and all that .so please stop trying to butter it over with they were caught out by demand. They were caught out alright taking the real fans for fools

If season ticket holders didn't have priority someone who hasn't set foot in Oriel all season has as much chance as a regular of getting tickets for matches like this. What sense does thst make?

Have to say fair play to Cork, they must be pissing themselves laughing, we're on the verge of a possible double, they give us a small allocation and some of our fan base are planning to roll out a banner to protest that match day volunteers and season ticket holders got tickets before them. Cop yourselves on and get behind the team.

Why only prioritise tickets for random games like this one ?we know why .tickets were kept for the click and friends so stop contradicting yourself that tickets were kept for season ticket holders because even they were shafted

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:32 pm

transitvan wrote:
shep wrote:If you are happy with all of the above then fair enough. And if you don’t believe me that I know a large number of lads who are heading to Cork on the drink and have all gotten tickets through the “friends in high place” method ,then that’s your prerogative.

Its clear to see there is a click within oriel ,put when this click start pishing on the heartbeat of the club .it is time for change.have been all over this country at games and don't see to many of the click at them,like any business you look after your regulars as a day will come when they might have to look after you .thought when new owners took over this shit would stop., but its clear to see who's calling the shots regarding tickets etc .one of them near had a heart attack when he seen a young fella jumping the wall at a recent game .but sure their end is white collar stuff .time for the owners to wake up and route
these rotten apples from the barrel sooner the better

People are disappointed, many inconvenienced by how ticket allocation works if there is an allocation system, I understand the dusappointment. I'm not able to get to the Cork game but If I had been able I would have contacted the club to see what the options were. This year I am not a season ticket holder due to being out of the country more than at home. When I was a season ticket holder I never had a problem with tickets. Between calling or emailing the club, queuing if I could or others picking up a ticket with my season ticket in hand I was never left ticktless. Yes I also paid for tickets over the phone as a season ticket holder and arranged for them to be picked up.
I can include travel to Tallaght, Cork, Iceland, Split, Tel Aviv among other less exotic spots for the wild life. I can assure you I am not part of an Oriel par clique, i'd probably be quite the opposite tbh.
Maybe I was simply lucky, Im not saying there are not issues, there is a serious communication issue which shows the need for supporters group for such basics rather than jumping ahead to building warchests in case of a change in fortunes at the club.
The system might suck but I dont think there is some sinister cabal sitting up in Oriel Parl setting out plans to shaft supporters. My guess is that volunteers take up the slack during such busy days in the office and it is probably quite chaotic. Club volunteers and club officials could well knock 100 tockets off a small allocation. Friends of club volunteers possibly do get tickets held if they travel as a group again maybe unfair to some and even shortsighted by the club but rotten apples pishing on the heartbeat of the club??? This sounds enough like someone is bugged by not being one of the anointed. Who is calling the shots? Im not asking that as a loaded question simply that you feel a particular person or people are in charge and if it isnt the chairman, general manager then who else is it. I dont see the relevance 'white collar' work by people at the club or elsewhere or the bar staff or the people who keep the away section pristine for visiting fans.

There is a whole load of criticism which may be perfectly fair but there is also a good bit of insinuation and holding back which in itself is feeding the bad feeling!!
Last edited by dell1 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:35 pm

All that is missing here is one of the usual suspects to lecture us that the club will let people know whenever it suits them.

No right to know, volunteers, always being critical, its no big deal etc, etc
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:36 pm

dell1 wrote:I can include travel to Tallaght, Cork, Iceland, Split, Tel Aviv among other less exotic spots for the wild life. I can assure you I am not part of an Oriel par clique, i'd probably be quite the opposite tbh.
Maybe I was simply lucky,

Of course you're very lucky!!! you were on the dole and heading off to Tel Aviv for Europa League matches while the rest of us had to work and pay taxes for you to get your benefits to pay for your airfare!!!

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Ezeikial wrote:All that is missing here is one of the usual suspects to lecture us that the club will let people know whenever it suits them.

No right to know, volunteers, always being critical, its no big deal etc, etc

No big deal Ezeikial. You're only a loyal supporter who goes home and away but now has to go under cover in the home section to go watch your team play.

Sure why would the club look after you when they can look after their cronies first.

STINKS.

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Not that its relevant, unnecessarily personal, its plain untrue!

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:42 pm

dell1 wrote:Not that its relevant, unnecessarily personal, its plain untrue!

Oh it's very much true as you know it is.

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:15 pm

Well I certainly ruffled your feathers somewhere along the line to seem so resentful and feel the need to pass such comment accurate or not. Id be happy to discuss further and clarify your error though I suspect you will choose to remain behind your peseudoynm. Why try to undermine a person in person when you can skulk anonymously. Did I mention I was in Iceland to? Damn expensive trip to manage on the scratcher never mind Tel Aviv couple of months later and all the bits in between, Toronto for Christmas/New Year too actually not that that had anything to do with Dundalk FC.

Feel free to PM me with future issues you may have rather than clutter the thread with some petty vandetta!

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:32 pm

dell1 wrote:

Well I certainly ruffled your feathers somewhere along the line to seem so resentful and feel the need to pass such comment accurate or not. Id be happy to discuss further and clarify your error though I suspect you will choose to remain behind your peseudoynm. Why try to undermine a person in person when you can skulk anonymously. Did I mention I was in Iceland to? Damn expensive trip to manage on the scratcher never mind Tel Aviv couple of months later and all the bits in between, Toronto for Christmas/New Year too actually not that that had anything to do with Dundalk FC.

Feel free to PM me with future issues you may have rather than clutter the thread with some petty vandetta!

You've already mentioned Iceland! So good you name checked it twice....

I'm not resentful at all, fair play to you for getting away with it Rodney. Yes they're expensive trips but when you're living at home and throwing the folks up a few bob they're very well manageable.

Anyway you've never not got a ticket by hook or by crook.....fair play to you. Well people have well and truely shafted this time round and going forward there needs to be a failsafe system in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

For example someone like yourself or myself for that matter should not be able to call up the office and reserve a ticket over the phone - whether you've a season ticket or not, it's not transparent enough.

People should have to physically queue for their ticket or even better an online system where loyalty has been recorded.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Getting back to the football. A pretty important match in our season coming up later tonight. A win for Cork will leave them confident of drawing level with us next week with a game extra played. Anything other than a win and that I feel will be it and only ours to lose. You would expect City to go at Bohs from the start and have Sadlier and Sheppard run loose up front but with Caulfield, you wouldn't know what way he will approach this match. True, Bohs are on a cracking run and always a hard nut to crack in Dalyier but with a Cup 1/4 coming up maybe their minds will be elsewhere?

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:04 pm

dell1 wrote:

You've already mentioned Iceland! So good you name checked it twice....

I'm not resentful at all, fair play to you for getting away with it Rodney. Yes they're expensive trips but when you're living at home and throwing the folks up a few bob they're very well manageable.

Anyway you've never not got a ticket by hook or by crook.....fair play to you. Well people have well and truely shafted this time round and going forward there needs to be a failsafe system in place to ensure it doesn't happen again.

For example someone like yourself or myself for that matter should not be able to call up the office and reserve a ticket over the phone - whether you've a season ticket or not, it's not transparent enough.

People should have to physically queue for their ticket or even better an online system where loyalty has been recorded.

Yes you certainly made its sound in no way an attempted slur, a criticism, or resentful in any way! lol But if that wasnt your intent so be it, I shall take your word for it. What is it exactly Im getting away with? You seem to know me although obviously not as well as you think. You still havent said who you are, I didnt expect as such certainly not publically but I will be discreet so do PM me as I am happy to fully disclose income, living arrangments, support for my now elderly parents and whatever other ways I contribute to family, The two houses that I now own (one bought 2001 and one one bequeathed by a family member and needing renovation but the rental market is decent enough, well enough to maybe enjoy another CL jaunt with Dundalk FC a possibility next year. If there are any specific details you would like to Know I genuinely am happy to spill in a PM. But then not using a pseudonym would take some backbone!

On the ticket allocation stuff I agree with you totally. The current methods do not work in a manner that inspires supporters with confidence that they are not getting a fair deal. My own example was not holding up the system as a success but as not being in a clique myself makes its seem to me more disorganised than organised to spite or ignore the regular fan. If I had a choice between missing a game like last day 2014 and chancing ringing the club then i'd be ringing the club! The answer is goung to be in an online system and considering we print off tickets at home for everything these days it would be a bit of a saving for the club not to have to have reams of tickets done up each game. Incentive would be that ticket purchases online are recorded and can be redeemed some way where ones bought at the ground cant.

Return to “General Discussion”