Atmosphere

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Atmosphere

Post by Sneachta » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:21 am

Not sure this deserves a thread of its own but bit of an elephant in the room here. What is the story with the atmosphere in Oriel, the last two home games especially? Is it expectations? Is it nerves still with the new management? Is it Brexit?

I thought cos the UCD game was on a Monday that there was a lack of pints, but the shed was dead last night! And it has been dead? Even the usual characters in the stand? Is it too early in the season to be concerned about the atmosphere?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

mr-toyota
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Atmosphere

Post by mr-toyota » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 am

Have to agree with you there the shed has been dead and the players are commenting on it especially at the ucd game when they wanted the crowd to lift them there nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SUPPORT THE DFC TRUST AND PATRON SCHEME http://www.dundalkfc.com/membership.asp

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 am

UCD will always be quiet on a Monday night. Some of the hard core where in Venice last night watching a Seria C game, I kid you not. Hopefully everyone who comments on this thread was shouting their heads off with encouragement. Crowd was in great voice at Rovers. I expect normal service to resume from here on in. We all have a role to play

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:48 am

Sligo was also great atmosphere

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:07 am

As I said home games and the last two. What is the connections with serie c in Venice?

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:44 am

Sneachta wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:07 am
As I said home games and the last two. What is the connections with serie c in Venice?

No idea thought it may have been Adorjan but he is out injured for 6 months

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:55 am

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 am
UCD will always be quiet on a Monday night. Some of the hard core where in Venice last night watching a Seria C game, I kid you not. Hopefully everyone who comments on this thread was shouting their heads off with encouragement. Crowd was in great voice at Rovers. I expect normal service to resume from here on in. We all have a role to play
There’s nothing wrong with a group of lads going on holiday to pick up a game in Italy . They probably have built up some friendship with other fans over social media. We have picked up support around Europe since we made the group stages. Hopefully they’ll be back in full voice for Bohs.
I presume the guy with the drum was one of them as there was no drumming last night which contributed to the lack of atmosphere

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:55 am
Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:47 am
There’s nothing wrong with a group of lads going on holiday to pick up a game in Italy . They probably have built up some friendship with other fans over social media. We have picked up support around Europe since we made the group stages. Hopefully they’ll be back in full voice for Bohs.
I presume the guy with the drum was one of them as there was no drumming last night which contributed to the lack of atmosphere
Totally ageee. The drummer boy and choir master both in the part in Italy. Hopefully we get some Italian ultras coming to Oriel soon

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Atmosphere was a bit flat last night but I thought it was good at the UCD game. Given the opposition and night the crowd got behind the team. As already said, atmosphere in Tallaght was great

roger
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by roger » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:53 pm

It’s a bit difficult to have good athmosphe when many of the home supporters and all away travelling support are wet and frozen to death with rain and the north wind blowing around them .No cover and over exposure from all the elements.
I stood in Oriel on Friday in same facilities I stood in forty years ago with my feet frozen and wet .No Apmosphere you wonder I wonder how so many turn up on a winters night .
It’s really a disgrace at this stage How on earth can you encourage new support.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:15 pm

I was going to say similar. I love Oriel, it's a special place for me. And I've really enjoyed a lot of the summer matches since the switch. But it is a horrible place when exposed to the elements - particularly wind. It's a similar conversation to the one about attendances. Oriel itself is the primary reason we sometimes don't get the atmosphere or attendances.