On-Line Tickets

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

GSBellew
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: On-Line Tickets

Post by GSBellew » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:30 pm

El Paso wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:44 pm
I'm in two minds about segregation - it's good to be with your own, makes better atmosphere. But it should be perfectly ok to sell unused seats in the Stand (for example) to fans of other clubs without worrying about security issues. Maybe we should be able to treat people like grown ups?

I wonder if the clubs in the League could come to some arrangement where a club membership scheme could be used and names supplied to each other in advance of matches where, e.g., Johnny Bohs fan can walk up with his kid and membership card and buy a ticket for the Stand, use the bar etc, when his name is checked?
In theory it should be perfectly possible to mix and match fans in different areas, segregation may be responsible in part for some of the friction.

Different thing I know, but I've been to a few F1 races, there is no segregation, everyone gets on, you get to roam around, have a few drinks and enjoy the atmosphere, chat to other fans, listen to other views and enjoy a common interest together.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm

GSBellew wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:30 pm
El Paso wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:44 pm
I'm in two minds about segregation - it's good to be with your own, makes better atmosphere. But it should be perfectly ok to sell unused seats in the Stand (for example) to fans of other clubs without worrying about security issues. Maybe we should be able to treat people like grown ups?

I wonder if the clubs in the League could come to some arrangement where a club membership scheme could be used and names supplied to each other in advance of matches where, e.g., Johnny Bohs fan can walk up with his kid and membership card and buy a ticket for the Stand, use the bar etc, when his name is checked?
In theory it should be perfectly possible to mix and match fans in different areas, segregation may be responsible in part for some of the friction.

Different thing I know, but I've been to a few F1 races, there is no segregation, everyone gets on, you get to roam around, have a few drinks and enjoy the atmosphere, chat to other fans, listen to other views and enjoy a common interest together.
I'm sorry, not in a million years. I took my usual place in the stand(Carrick end) last Monday, only to find myself surrounded by Bohs fans.Their behaviour was both rude and intimidating. My biggest regret was that I wasn't in my seat when we scored.

If you go to the home section of any ground and start making a ruckus you should he moved straight away to avoid confrontation. Away fans walk up to the hatch and buy stand tickets every home game and no one pays a blind bit of notice.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 pm

Shamrock Rovers late afternoon tweet
Shamrock Rovers FC 🇮🇪
‏Verified account
@ShamrockRovers

There is a limited number of tickets remaining for Dundalk away. Please note there will be no sales to Rovers supporters at Oriel Park tomorrow. Tickets available from the club shop in Tallaght Stadium up until 2pm tomorrow.
https://twitter.com/ShamrockRovers/stat ... 0689434625

I hope that match day ticket sales at the Oriel Park hatches will be properly managed to ensure that home fans get any remaining stand tickets
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.