2019 & 2020 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Post Reply
User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by El Paso » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm

I thought there were a number of times last night where Hoban was sat on the centre half's shoulder obviously looking to spring onto a chance but the ball never came or did when it did it was a poor ball or he had his back to it. McEleney was a bit guilty of it but Duffy was the main culprit - Hoban seems to drift left more than right, so it's Duffy that he seems to be relying on more in open play to create for him.

Hoban and Duffy both butchered chances to play each other in on goal against Rovers late on. Neither is playing well and it's affecting the other. Duffy's getting away with it because his contract isn't a subject of gossip.



dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:05 pm

Hoban went public, he has brought the attention on himself. And he is not exactly thriving in that pressure.

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6198
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:46 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm not sure exactly what "people not playing Hoban in" means, but I wonder if the suggestion is that team mates are intentionally not passing to him when he is in a better goal-scoring position, because of a perception of a lack of effort on his part?
For me i interpret it as they can see he is bang out of form and so take it on to shoot themselves. How many pot shots have duffy and mceleney taken on?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

User avatar
Adam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1596
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:04 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Adam » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm not sure exactly what "people not playing Hoban in" means, but I wonder if the suggestion is that team mates are intentionally not passing to him when he is in a better goal-scoring position, because of a perception of a lack of effort on his part?
Sorry then that you can't understand a simple concept. Your "wondering" basically restated exactly the meaning behind what I said. Well done. Profound!
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 314
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:46 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm not sure exactly what "people not playing Hoban in" means, but I wonder if the suggestion is that team mates are intentionally not passing to him when he is in a better goal-scoring position, because of a perception of a lack of effort on his part?
For me i interpret it as they can see he is bang out of form and so take it on to shoot themselves. How many pot shots have duffy and mceleney taken on?
McEleney ? Not many. Sure posters on here have been saying we should shoot more often and not try to walk the ball into the net !
Duffy has a record of popping up with an important goal so I’d definitely encourage him to shoot when possible

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6399
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:02 am

Adam wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm not sure exactly what "people not playing Hoban in" means, but I wonder if the suggestion is that team mates are intentionally not passing to him when he is in a better goal-scoring position, because of a perception of a lack of effort on his part?
Sorry then that you can't understand a simple concept. Your "wondering" basically restated exactly the meaning behind what I said. Well done. Profound!
Why all the condescending gibberish?

You could trying make your point without the personalised pretentious stuff
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Online
User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by McNultys Discopants » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:02 am
Adam wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm
I'm not sure exactly what "people not playing Hoban in" means, but I wonder if the suggestion is that team mates are intentionally not passing to him when he is in a better goal-scoring position, because of a perception of a lack of effort on his part?
Sorry then that you can't understand a simple concept. Your "wondering" basically restated exactly the meaning behind what I said. Well done. Profound!
Why all the condescending gibberish?

You could trying make your point without the personalised pretentious stuff
I'd tend to agree here, talking absolute rubbish. Cast your personal agenda against the man to one side please and move on...

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6198
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:15 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:08 am
Ezeikial wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:02 am
Adam wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 pm


Sorry then that you can't understand a simple concept. Your "wondering" basically restated exactly the meaning behind what I said. Well done. Profound!
Why all the condescending gibberish?

You could trying make your point without the personalised pretentious stuff
I'd tend to agree here, talking absolute rubbish. Cast your personal agenda against the man to one side please and move on...
+1.. end of the day the only agenda we should all have here is regarding the football club. Keep the personal and snide remarks to one side.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Uriel
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:35 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Uriel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Gary Rogers has told James Rogers he wants to stay and is hoping to talk to the club soon.

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 5762936833

Uriel
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:35 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Uriel » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Gary Rogers has told James Rogers he wants to stay and is hoping to talk to the club soon.

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 5762936833

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3222
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by El Paso » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm

They haven't said exactly this, but it sure looks like they're waiting to see how we do in Europe before deciding what happens next regarding the rest of the 2019 expiring contracts.

User avatar
Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1132
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Co Wexford

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Wexford White » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:10 pm

El Paso wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm
They haven't said exactly this, but it sure looks like they're waiting to see how we do in Europe before deciding what happens next regarding the rest of the 2019 expiring contracts.
and that makes sense....................
The Back of the Wall

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Sneachta » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Afolabi without a club? Could do with a new young striker at Oriel!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 6399
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:39 am

Sneachta wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 pm
Afolabi without a club? Could do with a new young striker at Oriel!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
Isn't Mick Neville in Armenia too?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Sneachta » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:24 am

Is he involved with Dundalk? I did not know that

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk


Post Reply